Page 860 of 869 FirstFirst ... 360760810850857858859860861862863 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 13033
    Good Enough
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 08:35 PM
    Liked 839 Times in 438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I’m a vinyl junkie.

I just got For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge on vinyl last week. It was never sold in the US.

They don’t even acknowledge that album exists so I’d say color splattered vinyl is out of the question. Lol.
    F.U.C.K. was sold on vinyl in the US as one of those Columbia House mail order only records.

Europe/UK

US Record Club

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

07.17.19 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

BOBW tour coming soon. Just sayin’.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 06:37 AM
    Liked 1,546 Times in 1,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    F.U.C.K. was sold on vinyl in the US as one of those Columbia House mail order only records.

Europe/UK

US Record Club
    Yeah I’ve heard that before. To buy FUCK new and sealed on Amazon is $400, $150 used. I got it for $60 used.

Was happy to finally get it as it’s my fave VH album. It sounds amazing but why the band won’t reissue them is beyond frustrating.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 17,357 Times in 9,803 Posts

Premium Member

U.S. Women's Soccer Team Accused Of Snubbing Star Player For Christian Views

Hank Berrien July 11, 2019

The absence of one of the best women’s soccer players in the nation from the national squad that just won the World Cup has prompted questions as to whether she didn’t make the team because of her openly professed Christian faith.

Jaelene Hinkle, 26, “has been called the top left defender in the U.S. game,” according to The Washington Times. Fox News noted Hinkle “helped her team win the NWSL championship and previously helped it win a title in 2016 when it was known as the Western New York Flash.”

But none of that apparently mattered to the women’s team. The Irish Times, which called Hinkle “the finest left-back in the NWSL,” wrote in June, “Hinkle likely would have been a fish out of water on the uber-woke women’s national team, some of whose biggest stars are openly lesbian, raising questions about whether she would have thrown off the squad’s chemistry.”

That’s because Hinkle has been quite open about her Christian faith. In 2015, Hinkle objected publicly to the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling that legalized same-sex marriage, writing on Instagram:

Jesus didn't come to save those who already believed in Him. He came so that the lost, rejected, and abandoned men and women would find Him and believe. I believe with every fiber in my body that what was written 2,000 years ago in the Bible is undoubtedly true. It's not a fictional book. It's not a pick and choose what you want to believe. You either believe it, or you don't. This world may change, but Christ and His Word NEVER will.

My heart is that as Christians we don't begin to throw a tantrum over what has been brought into law today, but we become that much more loving. That through our love, the lost, rejected, and abandoned find Christ.The rainbow was a convent made between God and all his creation that never again would the world be flooded as it was when He destroyed the world during Noah's time. It's a constant reminder that no matter how corrupt this world becomes, He will never leave us or forsake us. Thank you Lord for your amazing grace, even during times of trial and confusion.
    Love won over 2,000 years ago when the greatest sacrifice of all time was made for ALL mankind.

In 2017, when the women’s team wore special team jerseys celebrating Gay Pride Month for two international matches, Hinkle declined to play. She said on the “700 Club,” “I just felt so convicted in my spirit that it wasn’t my job to wear this jersey. I gave myself three days to just seek and pray and determine what [God] was asking me to do in this situation.”

Soon after the interview, when her North Carolina Courage team played against the Portland Thorns in Portland, Oregon, fans waving rainbow flags booed Hinkle. The Washington Times noted, “Hinkle has not played for the national team since. After she was left off the World Cup roster, coach Jill Ellis told reporters that the decision was ‘solely based on soccer,’ an explanation greeted with widespread skepticism.” The Times added, “Ellis, who is married to a woman, did call up Hinkle last year for the Tournament of Nations but then cut her and one other player a few days later, fueling speculation that she was invited only to stave off a religious freedom lawsuit.”

Questions have been about Hinkle's absence: John Stonestreet, president of the Colson Center for Christian Worldview in Colorado Springs, Colorado, told The Washington Times:

You do have a very activist team. It’s very much a part of the program. And if we were talking about just any player, it wouldn’t be really clear, but just because of her abilities — Jaelene Hinkle is a heck of a player — it makes it that much more suspect … We know that increasingly there is going to have to be conformity on your viewpoint to be able to participate. I think that’s inevitable. We use the phrase “the theology of being fired” — in this case, it’s the theology of being cut.

In the interview with the “The 700 Club,” Hinkle stated, ““I’m essentially giving up the one dream little girls dream about their entire life. It was very disappointing. And I think that’s where the peace trumps the disappointment, because I knew in my spirit I was doing the right thing. I knew I was being obedient. Just because you’re obedient doesn’t make it easy … If I never get another national team call-up again then that’s just a part of [God’s] plan, and that’s OK."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49375...ign=benshapiro
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 10:28 AM
    Liked 25,621 Times in 12,930 Posts

Premium Member

She declined to participate in matches, so they got rid of her.

Don't see the problem. Every major business in America now has gay pride month, are all us Christians expected to quit our jobs in protest?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 10,999 Times in 6,157 Posts

yup, I think when she did that she realized she was kind of spitting in the face of some of her teammates and ensuring she wouldn't be picked for the WC team. Unless you're such an amazing player that the team can't win without you (and clearly she's not) then that's a nice way to ensure you won't be selected. Now why the team felt the need to wear special jerseys is another matter entirely but she kind of forced their hand when she did that.

Last Online

07.19.19 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 3,651 Times in 2,294 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    BOBW tour coming soon. Just sayin’.
    Skaggity.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,217 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Skaggity.
    * yawn *
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 05:05 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    She declined to participate in matches, so they got rid of her.

Don't see the problem. Every major business in America now has gay pride month, are all us Christians expected to quit our jobs in protest?
    I think she was fine with what she did but I can't wait when transgender males start taking over women's soccer that's going to be great
    21 years old and dad has thrown him the keys to the car!!

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

07.19.19 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 3,651 Times in 2,294 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    * yawn *
    Right?

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 11,535 Times in 6,294 Posts

We had to check out this new Senior living facility for my Dad, who keeps wandering out
    of the place he's currently at.

We arrived and they had huge rainbow flags decorating the front.
    My dad is German, but the place is called Hebrew & Harvard Affiliated, and you walk in,
    and it's very open & nice, but the patients are really old.
    Most in wheel chairs.

The patients are so old school, i wondered if they knew what the Rainbow themes meant.
    There were more inside, along the hall, but also assorted American flags.

But i'd never seen such a progressive senior facility.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 10:28 AM
    Liked 25,621 Times in 12,930 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH51504 View Post
    I think she was fine with what she did but I can't wait when transgender males start taking over women's soccer that's going to be great
    Already seeing it in high school track and field. Wait until it shows up in the Olympics, and people quit watching for the simple reason that it's fucking stupid.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

07.14.19 @ 09:50 PM
    Liked 4,091 Times in 2,560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    We had to check out this new Senior living facility for my Dad, who keeps wandering out
    of the place he's currently at.

We arrived and they had huge rainbow flags decorating the front.
    My dad is German, but the place is called Hebrew & Harvard Affiliated, and you walk in,
    and it's very open & nice, but the patients are really old.
    Most in wheel chairs.

The patients are so old school, i wondered if they knew what the Rainbow themes meant.
    There were more inside, along the hall, but also assorted American flags.

But i'd never seen such a progressive senior facility.
    Surprised they didn't have a code? The place my grandmother is at has a code you punch in to get out. If you don't alarm sounds.
    The other place she was in before was so huge she never woulda made it the door.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 2,412 Times in 1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Already seeing it in high school track and field. Wait until it shows up in the Olympics, and people quit watching for the simple reason that it's fucking stupid.
    It’s happened at my son’s high school. It even made ESPN about it.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.19.19 @ 04:36 AM
    Liked 4,153 Times in 1,842 Posts

Premium Member

Remember when folks argue the artist they like is better and follow up w a money brag that the highest-paid Moulin Rouge performer was lePetomaine.
    Monsieur LePetomaine was the famed “fartiste,” yes the legendary beautiful dancers, cabaret or amazing singers were all second rate to a French dudes asshole noise. Just saying truth and history contain wisdom

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk