Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default FedEx Sucks!

First off let me say Jeff and the VH Store did a great job in getting these orders out as promised. This is not a reflection on him in any way.

So I paid the extra $16 bucks or whatever it was for the 2 day FedEx shipping instead of the Priority mail from the post office thinking I would have it by today, WRONG! I checked online since Saturday when it arrived in Stockon, Ca which is the final destination before being "out for delivery" in my area. It arrived in Stockton on Saturday morning and I for sure figured it would be out on today's truck to my house.

These orders were shipped from Phoenix on Friday and some have recieved theirs as far away as Maine on Saturday.

I just called Fedex, and the rude lady told me it would be delivered to me by 7 pm tomorrow.
    So just a word of advice to anyone still on the fence about ordering still, if you do go withthe postal service and save some coin.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    First off let me say Jeff and the VH Store did a great job in getting these orders out as promised. This is not a reflection on him in any way.

So I paid the extra $16 bucks or whatever it was for the 2 day FedEx shipping instead of the Priority mail from the post office thinking I would have it by today, WRONG! I checked online since Saturday when it arrived in Stockon, Ca which is the final destination before being "out for delivery" in my area. It arrived in Stockton on Saturday morning and I for sure figured it would be out on today's truck to my house.

These orders were shipped from Phoenix on Friday and some have recieved theirs as far away as Maine on Saturday.

I just called Fedex, and the rude lady told me it would be delivered to me by 7 pm tomorrow.
    So just a word of advice to anyone still on the fence about ordering still, if you do go withthe postal service and save some coin.
    I would be your friend in Maine. I was shocked when I went to my mailbox and saw it, my wife thought something was wrong when I shouted "Holy Shit!" I tracked it Friday night and saw it was in AZ...must have caught all the planes/trucks right at the precise moments...makes me question my atheism.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    I would be your friend in Maine. I was shocked when I went to my mailbox and saw it, my wife thought something was wrong when I shouted "Holy Shit!" I tracked it Friday night and saw it was in AZ...must have caught all the planes/trucks right at the precise moments...makes me question my atheism.
    I feel like I wasted $16 bucks that I could have taken my son out to lunch with, put a little more than 4 gallons of gas in the truck with or buy a decent steak for dinner with. I should have just been patient and bought it in the store tomorrow.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 1,625 Times in 871 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Brady missed the toss into the truck.

TVH
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post

TVH
    Yup and Gisele is currently bitching out FedEx.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

I feel like I wasted $16 bucks that I could have taken my son out to lunch with, put a little more than 4 gallons of gas in the truck with or buy a decent steak for dinner with. I should have just been patient and bought it in the store tomorrow.
    I always thought it was screwy that if you send a package to the guy that lives across the street, it has to go through Memphis first.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Not sure I understand your issue Eddymon...

You bought 2 day shipping. That's 2 business days. It shipped Friday... you should expect it Tuesday.

If it were shipped Next Day... you'd expect it Monday. The rate paid ($16) would be delivered sometime after 3pm local time on it's expected 2nd day.

I don't work for a shipping company... but use them frequently.

The prioritization on surface delivery is geared toward Next Day priority business rates go out in the morning with a 10am target... then they go for the next tier and so on until the day is finished.

I'm sure you seeing the tracking arrival at your local distribution Saturday seemed like you had a great shot at an early Monday delivery. Odds are a trailer or a bin from your local airport arrived and was dropped off at your local warehouse... but the actual sorting and loading on the delivery trucks most likely wasn't done until early this morning. The just scan the load which populates to status on all the individual pieces... They don't work 7/24 at local or even regional offices on the weekends. Just the major hubs.

FedEx isn't screwing you... you're just a rabid VH fan who wants his shit now. The shipper is just processing packages for everyone.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

You also live in the sticks too Cheddy.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You also live in the sticks too Cheddy.
    That I do, but a couple weeks back I ordered some boots online and they arrived in Stockton on a saturday and got to my house around noon on Monday.

Oh well, I've 27 or years for this, whats another day?

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post

TVH
    ouch!

That I do, but a couple weeks back I ordered some boots online and they arrived in Stockton on a saturday and got to my house around noon on Monday.

Oh well, I've 27 or years for this, whats another day?
    Uggs?

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Uggs?
    Ha ha NO!

Carolina!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

When I ordered my copy from the vhstore back on 1/14, I had second thoughts afterward regarding the US Priority Mail shipping. I asked Beth if I could upgrade to FedEx 2nd day and she advised against changing the shipping to that method. So my order shipped on Friday 2/3 and arrived today 2/6 in PA with my mail around 11 AM. I had taken off today anyway and had my own listening party before anyone got back home after school/work. Ripping it to both of my home computers and then it's going into the car changer. Interesting that when ripping it to one of my computers it will not show artist or song info after the files have been ripped, so I took care of that manually afterward. Now I want to sit tight before ordering the vinyl to see if the vhstore will be carrying it. Beth said as of Friday 2/3 they were still looking into carrying it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I paid for priority shipping when I ordered from the store a few weeks ago, and it arrived on the promised date. I have, however, had some shit luck with DredEx. I ordered a textbook for this semester which was supposed to be at my home three days after ordering. It arrived on Friday.......three weeks after ordering. I was unable to get any reading done until just recently, and most likely bombed an exam this morning as a result. Fantastic
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

"GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post

FedEx isn't screwing you... you're just a rabid VH fan who wants his shit now. The shipper is just processing packages for everyone.
    Yep.

And the one example of the USPS getting it done quicker is one in a million.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

I live in the sticks in a "village" of 800. I'm so much in the sticks that I don't even get home postal delivery and have to use a PO Box at the small USPS office in my "village". I ordered from the VanHalenStore with Priority shipping and it was shipped out on Saturday 2/4 with it being in my box this morning, 2/6, at 9am or so.

Sorry to hear about anyone else's shipping issues.