Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:35 AM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

Default 5150 combo vs 5150 3 Micro

well after reading all the hype on the micro I was curious what you combo owners like me that also have a micro think is better or worse/more or less versatile.....

I have not got my micro yet and I refuse to get rid of my combo because its such a tank.

Rob

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Bomb the Moon
    Last Online

03.13.12 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta say I well never get rid of my combo I use that more than any amp I have, to me theirs just a sweet spot on the low end on that amp. looking forward to a compairson with the micro but its gonna be awhile for me. Im sure the micro is a lot easyer to gig lol
    JX4244Q

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:35 AM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

I also love my combo. I will never sell that tank. Its so freakin rugged and mean sounding..... I think the Micro and the combo will make a good pair.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.17.16 @ 10:54 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150rob View Post
    I also love my combo. I will never sell that tank. Its so freakin rugged and mean sounding..... I think the Micro and the combo will make a good pair.
    I sold my 5150 combo because that thing weighed like a tank to me...it almost ruined my back. That said, it did sound good though. The thing with the new 50 watt micro amp is that is easy to transport and move around.

On Fire
    Last Online

10.04.16 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the 60 watt combo is my fav 5150 amp to date. i really like the newest but i think that combo has the best early tone when tweaked

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

I just got a 5150 III Micro head and matching 2x12 cab.

What an amp!

I don't want to touch my Marshall ever again. It's a great sounding amp, but it's now for sale. I'll never need anything other than the 5150 III!
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:45 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casemeister View Post
    I just got a 5150 III Micro head and matching 2x12 cab.

What an amp!

I don't want to touch my Marshall ever again. It's a great sounding amp, but it's now for sale. I'll never need anything other than the 5150 III!
    Congrats on getting the new amp Casemeister... I'm glad to hear its a great amp. I just ordered one for myself. I wont have it for a couple months though, as I'm laybying it. I was going to wait until "Tax time" and buy it cash, but I was talking to the guy in the shop and he said I should layby it as the Ivory ones are selling really fast...

Man, I cant frigging wait!!!!
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Sold my combo for many reasons. Sounds great for loud rock VH style....but it's kinda a one or two trick pony and is HEAVY as all hell. I needed something more versatile and able to play in my house, so I got a Crate VX212 Modeling Amp...(100's of great tones, but nothing with enough distortion for me)

Now I miss my VH tone. Probably going to get rid of the crate too. I can't find a decent rock amp that is small and has a lot of different sounds, but still has a mean distorted tone.

suggestions???
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Well the 5150III micro with the matching 1x12 would be small and mean. That's a real greasy setup in a small package...depends what you want to spend.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by F'nRockstar View Post
    Sold my combo for many reasons. Sounds great for loud rock VH style....but it's kinda a one or two trick pony and is HEAVY as all hell. I needed something more versatile and able to play in my house, so I got a Crate VX212 Modeling Amp...(100's of great tones, but nothing with enough distortion for me)

Now I miss my VH tone. Probably going to get rid of the crate too. I can't find a decent rock amp that is small and has a lot of different sounds, but still has a mean distorted tone.

suggestions???
    Blackstar HT-5 head with 2, 1x10 cabs and a good overdrive/distortion pedal (An OCD would be perfect). You should be able to get the whole lot for about $500.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

I might go with the 50 watt 5150 III. Could use less wattage. Have a couple 5150 heads and matching slant 4x12s. Any one know if the new 50 watt with a 2x12 has the same low end as the old 5150 combo? I love the thump of a 5150. I'd really like to hear the two side by side but no one stocks EVH gear near me. Thanks.