Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

Default Girl Scout cookie ban called for after troup admits transgender boy

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? no cookies?

this story is just all over the board, I can see both sides...but what does it have to do with cookies?

and from Mother Earth News
    The Right-Wing War on a Transgender Girl Scout
    Why a fight to exclude a 7-year-old could mean no Thin Mints for you.

—By Nicole Pasulka | Thu Feb. 2, 2012 1:20 PM PST

Three Girl Scout troops in Louisiana won't be hawking Thin Mints this year. They've disbanded in protest after the Girl Scouts of Colorado accepted seven-year-old transgender child Bobby Montoya as a member. Montoya was born a boy but has considered herself a girl since she was two years old, says her mom Felisha Archuleta. In October, Archuleta took her daughter to speak with a Denver troop leader about signing up, and took her daughter away crying after the Scout leader referred to the child as "it" and said "Everyone will know he's a boy." Three weeks later, the statewide Girl Scouts body issued a statement saying, "If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout." When they heard about this reversal, three moms and troop leaders in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana decided to dissolve their troops and leave Girl Scouts.

Now, 95 years after the organization first starting selling cookies, its signature product has once again become a political pawn. Right-wing groups and some conservative parents and scouts have posted to a site called Honest Girl Scouts, YouTube, and Facebook pages—including one called "Make Girl Scouts Clean Again"—urging Girl Scouts everywhere to go on strike from selling cookies, and their parents to stop buying them. They want Girl Scouts USA to officially bans transgender children from membership, and kick out any known transgender scouts "hiding" in the troops.

One of the former Louisiana troop leaders, a mother at Northland Christian School in Lacombe, told the Baptist Press that by letting Bobby Montoya join, the organization had created an "almost dangerous situation" for other children. Girl Scouts Louisiana East put up a new policy on its website saying transgender children wouldn't be allowed to join if they tried to apply there—as far as they know, none ever have. A video by a 14-year-old Girl Scout from Ventura, California, identified only as Taylor, was uploaded to YouTube Honest Girl Scouts, with Taylor reading off a script urging fellow Scouts to go on strike, claiming the Girl Scouts was putting girls in physical danger during sleepovers and field trips by allowing "transgender boys" to be there, and not letting the other girls know. "Unfortunately, I think it is because GSUSA cares more about promoting the desires of a small handful of people than it does for my safety and the safety of my friends and sister Girl Scouts, and they are doing it with money we earned for them from Girl Scout cookies." The video received 387,000 hits before the poster marked the video “private,” blocking it from the general public

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

I don't see how there can be such a thing as a "transgender child", especially before puberty, unless it's a hermaphrodite. If you have boy bits, you are a boy, if you have girl bits, you are a girl. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy things the other sex does, just doesn't make you one. I bet most of the guys here have played with their sisters' Barbie dolls, and most of the girls have played in a neighbourhood football game. An organisation for prepubescent girls should be limited to prepubescent girls and likewise an organisation for prebubescent boys should be limited to prepubescent boys.

But don't kill the cookies!

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I don't see how there can be such a thing as a "transgender child", especially before puberty, unless it's a hermaphrodite. If you have boy bits, you are a boy, if you have girl bits, you are a girl. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy things the other sex does, just doesn't make you one. I bet most of the guys here have played with their sisters' Barbie dolls, and most of the girls have played in a neighbourhood football game. An organisation for prepubescent girls should be limited to prepubescent girls and likewise an organisation for prebubescent boys should be limited to prepubescent boys.

But don't kill the cookies!
    That was my first thought, too.

Something doesn't smell right with the story and I'm guessing it's the mom.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

well most of the stories I have heard transgender people tell are of feeling all their lives that they are "trapped in the wrong body" so I don't think it has anything at all to do with puberty. It's not sexual orientation, it's identifying with a gender

Chaz Bono for interest is a female identifying as a male and attracted to women...does not consider herself a lesbian

Warren Beatty has a girl who is transgendered who apparently dates boys and considers herself to be a gay boy

and have you seen pictures of Brad Pitts kids....one of pre school aged girls (Shiloh, I think) dresses and acts and looks like a boy and is frequently seen with boy type toys and never with girly stuff and that's been going on with that kid forever.

I don't think that would be a easy choice for a child to make, and given the peer pressure you would think the kids would just cave, but they seem adamant that they are in the "wrong" body

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 18,197 Times in 8,991 Posts

I'm sorry, but I am just not buying that.

Why does it need a label at all? It's a seven year old boy, he has no business in the fucking GIRL Scouts, no matter what gender he identifies with.

I have a seven year old son. Who knows, he might end up queerer than Elton John, but he has no fucking clue what transgender or gender association even means. That comes from an adult putting their thoughts and ideas onto a child.

Just my opinion, and I do believe that a person can feel trapped in the wrong body and all that shit, but c'mon, seven? I gotta call bullshit on that.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I'm sorry, but I am just not buying that.

Why does it need a label at all? It's a seven year old boy, he has no business in the fucking GIRL Scouts, no matter what gender he identifies with.

I have a seven year old son. Who knows, he might end up queerer than Elton John, but he has no fucking clue what transgender or gender association even means. That comes from an adult putting their thoughts and ideas onto a child.

Just my opinion, and I do believe that a person can feel trapped in the wrong body and all that shit, but c'mon, seven? I gotta call bullshit on that.
    exactly. a child that young doesn't know the meaning of "transgender" unless someone tells 'em. How many girls go through childhood with the designation "tom boy". Are they transgender? They don't all grow up to be lesbians, I'm sure. All these people that knew they were transgender or gay or whatever when they were three, I have to call bullshit. You barely know you're human at that age, never mind what sex you are or what that even means. Teach 'em it's all right not to like to do typical boy or girl things, but don't try to tell a 7 year old boy he's really a girl and vice-versa.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

I think you can teach all you want, and encouraging and nurturing self worth and self confidence is the most important thing that you can do for a kid.

done the right way it makes everything else fall in place a little easier. You want you kid to feel comfortable in their own skin, but what do you do if the kid rejects his/her own skin?

I think we have to allow that for some, they have a different story that we can only thank God that we don't have the experience to be able to identify with

there is something different going on with these kids and it has nothing to do with sexual feelings or sexual orientation it has to do with a very basic concept of human identity...what's the first thing everyone wants to know about when someone announces a pregnancy? Boy or girl? and that's from the time the kid is like a fingerling potato.

this is an interesting story

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/27/health...ids/index.html

to take a kid like this and put him in boy scouts instead of girl scouts accomplishes nothing. Kid is not going to change, There have been "curative" camps for kids like this for a long time and for the most part they just make the kid more uncomfortable

I feel nothing but compassion for families who are having to deal with issues such as autism, aspergers, and all these other challenges that frequently leave families swinging in the breeze as they try to patch together a nurturing environment for their children in a society (and especially an educational system) that is just barely equipped to deal with so called "normal" children and overwhelmed by lack of resources to devote to special needs children.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

just to be clear, I think that some of the hormone therapy that people are doing to these young kids to keep them from puberty is horrible...I think we discussed that in a thread once

that should NEVER HAPPEN no way should you mess around with nature that way when these kids are so young and a doctor who would do that to a kid?

wow ... you have no way of knowing what the long term implications are of that!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

F-'em...more cookies for me.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member
    "Transgender" 7 year old boys joining the Girl Scouts? Stupid.
    What kind of smack is this kids parents putting in his head? Is he from a broken family and one of of his parents homo? Or was he adopted by a gay couple? That's often the case with these little boys that dress up as little girls. Their gay parents confuse the hell out of them. I don't know who his parents are, just sayin' that it's very often the case with these kids that one or both of their parents is gay.
    I remember that kid whose parents put him on hormone therapy was adopted by lesbians (another thread). Gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids. Anyone who argues with me I will simply refer you to that other thread where this argument already took place, so just go find that if you want to cry about it. That argument's been had already.

If I had a daughter in the Girl Scouts and found out that there were little swinging dicks dressed up as little girls in her troop then I'd be pissed.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:10 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Where is the line drawn? If you've got "transgender" girl scouts, how long before you have
    "transgender" den "mothers" or whatever they are called?

TVH
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford