Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Default Guess who has...

Who has the most downloaded Van Halen tone on Fender Fuse for the Mustang amp? That's right, this guy!
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Changes Every Hour
    Favorite VH Song

Changes Every Minute
    Last Online

09.30.14 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any clips?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Unfortunately, no. I'm over 40, and while I'm pretty smart on some things, recording and posting sound clips isn't one of them.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

10.17.12 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So you can make a preset, take it off the amp, into the computer, upload it to the site but you can't record a soundclip? lol

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

How does it sound? The only thing that keeps me from considering a Mustang is other people stating that they don't like the high gain sounds. I suppose I should go try one out.

On Fire
    Last Online

10.04.16 @ 10:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Which VH tone? eddie had quite a few different tones through the years.
    I owned the mustang for a few weeks to demo and i could get a decent Newer VH tone like vanhagar but as far as his old plexi tone that mustang wouldnt get even close.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Bomb the Moon
    Last Online

03.13.12 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice
    JX4244Q

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by OokraMoO View Post
    So you can make a preset, take it off the amp, into the computer, upload it to the site but you can't record a soundclip? lol
    Yes, I know.

Anyway, the tone isn't really specific to any era of VH. It's probably more close to a cross between his 1984 tone, and his FUCK tone. The tone sounds right whether you are playing Hot For Teacher, or Runaround, if that makes any sense.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that I nailed the VH tone, but apparently a couple thousand people think it's Van Halenish.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    How does it sound? The only thing that keeps me from considering a Mustang is other people stating that they don't like the high gain sounds. I suppose I should go try one out.
    It's a decent little practice amp. It is what it is. I would only buy the small one for screwing around with at home. I would never consider one of the higher wattage ones for gigging with. You can only really unlock the potential of the amp when it is plugged into a computer, as many of the parameters are only accessible through the Fuse program. You only have limited control of the effects settings from the amps control knobs. You can write or download some good patches on Fuse, then assign them as presets on your Mustang. For the price, I don't think you can beat it as a practice amp for the amount of function you get.

It should also be noted that I wrote the patch using my Bose headphones, so that it would sound right if you went from the headphone jack to a mixing console. Still sounds good through the amps speaker though.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Charvelstrat_81 View Post
    Which VH tone? eddie had quite a few different tones through the years.
    I owned the mustang for a few weeks to demo and i could get a decent Newer VH tone like vanhagar but as far as his old plexi tone that mustang wouldnt get even close.
    You sort of have to think outside the box to get a VH tone. Most people would select the type of amps Eddie used, with his effects and stuff. I just went through various combinations of equipment until I got a sound that I thought was close. The actual components of the rig I used to build the tone bear no resemblance to any gear EVH used to use.