VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Metal Evolution / VH1 Classic

Thoughts on the series? I haven't seen the final episode (yet) but overall, it's been a great stroll down memory lane. Interesting to see a lot of the "everyday" lives of a lot of these guys and where they are today (ie: King Diamond living in an affluent sub of Dallas and the guitarist of Manowar runs a batting cage in NYC).

I'd love to see this guy take these specific genres and do another series a bit more in depth for a few of them (ie: the LA scene, glam rock, shock rock, etc).

What say you?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

I thought it was done extemely well!!!

I hated to see the series end.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

02.15.12 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was a very interesting series...I really enjoyed the finale so much respect shown to RUSH! I have a friend who bitched about the series not covering very extreme metal like Death Metal and such..I don't know about your guys but i just don't consider death Metal Music...I love hard rocking music...Heavy guitars, uptempo double bass drumming and shredding lead guitars, even some aggressive vocals and guitars....But to qualify as music dont you need the three main ingredients Rhythm, Melody and Harmony...Isn't death Metal only Rhythm.....just dont get that crap....

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

I enjoyed the series and I'm glad VH1 Classic gives hard rock/metal fans an outlet for this stuff. The geek in me wanted more of the interviews. It just seems like there was so much content that was edited out. I'm nitpicking a little but I'd rather see the awesome musicians he gets speak a little more rather than all the footage of Sam Dunn in airports and taxis. There were plenty of guys he interviewed I thought were more interesting than listening to the softball questions that the TMS hosts throw at their guests. Again, just nitpicking. I liked the series a lot and the exposure it received. Hopefully they can get Dunn his own show on VH1 Classic.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I agree about Sam getting his own show. His was so much more informative and inclusive whereas I feel like with Eddie Trunk, it's all about "hey, look who I know and remember that time when we all went to the UFO show..."

Trunk has said admittedly that he can't / won't focus on all the genres of "metal" so that's why he sticks w/all the 80's bands that he does. I think if Sam did something more in depth (ie: Behind the Music) w/some of these other bands, it'd be a very cool thing. "TMS" is so disjointed & awkward on SO many levels but it's kinda like the way Headbanger's Ball used to be back in the late 80's:

It sucked most of the time (with the same 5-8 vids they showed every day at 5pm...Bon Jovi, Ratt, Metallica, Warrant, etc) but it was the ONLY outlet for that kind of music. So, best to enjoy it even if Rikki Rachtman / Adam Curry was the host. LOL
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003