Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Are you happy with your Amex Presale Seats?

I'm gearing up to buy 3 tickets to the Ft. Lauderdale show and I'm trying to decide between Amex and Live Nation presales. I have a friend that works at Live Nation that may be able to help, but can't guarantee it. Amex goes on sale tomorrow.

So how happy were you with your Amex presale seats? We're all taking the $160 ticket plunge and would of course like the best seats possible.

Thanks!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Not happy. I got section 101 at The Garden and that was after 8 minutes. I realize it is MSG but I know some people that got better seats during the general public sale which was the Saturday after pre-sale.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:45 AM
    Liked 41 Times in 12 Posts

Somewhat happy...Got middle floor row 23..
    a Week later I poked around and saw middle floor row 10 for sale!
    I was dumb and didn't buy them...still looking daily in case they release seats from unsold VIP seats.
    Finally trying to pick up guitar after too many years.
    Chickenfoot Rocks.
    .|
    /|\

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All, but a VERY few!
    Last Online

11.03.16 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

No! I got better seats the day they went on sale to the general public! I sold my AMEX presale ones. They were decent, but not anywhere CLOSE to the stage.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

No, the Amex pre-sale blew goats in my opinion.

I was in right on time and I couldn't even get floor seats.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please DO NOT buy those presale tickets unless you are blown away by them.

I say this every time, and you people always ignore me and end up with shitty seats, but I'll lay it out again.

BE PATIENT - ESPECIALLY for a market like Ft Lauderdale.

5 years ago, in Ft. Lauderdale, the "platinum" VIP tickets plummeted in price, and by a couple weeks before the show, you could cherry pick AMAZING seats on the floor or side near the stage (your choice) for about 5 bucks over face. I'm not kidding.

If you spring for those lousy lower level seats in the back of the arena - either in the presale, or onsale - you will regret it, as those platinum tickets go unsold and plummet in price. I Went to that show in Sunrise in 2008, and that's EXACTLY what happened. Ended up buying 10th row on the floor a week or so before the show for about $10 over face value via Platinum.

It's already happening at shows across the country. In many markets, amazing platinum seats are already down to $199 a seat and that's weeks before the shows. The aftermarkets for virtually ALL of these shows - even MSG - are dead. Nothing is selling on ebay or stubhub.

I hope you heed my advice.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

02.13.16 @ 08:04 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

I got pretty good seats for Chicago, section 4 on the floor. Ideally would have gone for the VIP package but was not able to buy it (country restrictions on credit card billing address) and then they run out. There actually would have been VIP packages available 3 days later when general sales began but by then I had my tickets.

Also the Ticketmaster Platinum seats would have been better although somewhat more expensive. Chicago is now sold out so I cannot complain with floor seats in hand - and of course there was no way to know all that in advance. Crazy levi's advise above seems pretty sound so if you are willing to put in some risk you could wait for general release (of course depending on what you get offered in the pre-sale).
    My Van Halen Concerts:
    1993 - Stockholm, Sweden
    1995 - London, UK
    1998 - Melbourne, Australia
    2004 - Toronto, Canada
    2007 - Greensboro, NC
    2012 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - Holmdel, NJ

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post
    I got pretty good seats for Chicago, section 4 on the floor. Ideally would have gone for the VIP package but was not able to buy it (country restrictions on credit card billing address) and then they run out. There actually would have been VIP packages available 3 days later when general sales began but by then I had my tickets.

Also the Ticketmaster Platinum seats would have been better although somewhat more expensive. Chicago is now sold out so I cannot complain with floor seats in hand - and of course there was no way to know all that in advance. Crazy levi's advise above seems pretty sound so if you are willing to put in some risk you could wait for general release (of course depending on what you get offered in the pre-sale).
    But here's my point - Check out Chicago's Platinum seats NOW.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...ink=edp_buytix

If you had waited, you could have gotten 13th row floor - right by the ramp - for $225 each right now. Granted, that's $50 more than you paid per ticket...but seriously, isn't that worth it? It's about 20-30 rows closer.

And if you'll notice, there are a TON of platinum seats available for Chicago. These prices will continue to drop.

Platinum seats start high, but get low fast. The platinum seats I just bought for MSG for $275 were twice that when the tickets went on sale.

And you DO all know this in advance because I'm telling you he he he. Except for MSG, it will be like this for every show of the tour, just like it was last time. History always repeats itself.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    But here's my point - Check out Chicago's Platinum seats NOW.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...ink=edp_buytix

If you had waited, you could have gotten 13th row floor - right by the ramp - for $225 each right now. Granted, that's $50 more than you paid per ticket...but seriously, isn't that worth it? It's about 20-30 rows closer.

And if you'll notice, there are a TON of platinum seats available for Chicago. These prices will continue to drop.

Platinum seats start high, but get low fast. The platinum seats I just bought for MSG for $275 were twice that when the tickets went on sale.

And you DO all know this in advance because I'm telling you he he he. Except for MSG, it will be like this for every show of the tour, just like it was last time. History always repeats itself.
    Yep. Just checked Dallas and the prices are half what they were or more.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

I say this every time, and you people always ignore me and end up with shitty seats, but I'll lay it out again.

5 years ago, in Ft. Lauderdale, the "platinum" VIP tickets plummeted in price, and by a couple weeks before the show, you could cherry pick AMAZING seats on the floor or side near the stage (your choice) for about 5 bucks over face. I'm not kidding.

If you spring for those lousy lower level seats in the back of the arena - either in the presale, or onsale - you will regret it, as those platinum tickets go unsold and plummet in price. I Went to that show in Sunrise in 2008, and that's EXACTLY what happened. Ended up buying 10th row on the floor a week or so before the show for about $10 over face value via Platinum.

It's already happening at shows across the country. In many markets, amazing platinum seats are already down to $199 a seat and that's weeks before the shows. The aftermarkets for virtually ALL of these shows - even MSG - are dead. Nothing is selling on ebay or stubhub.

Yep, in 2007 I waited on Ft. Lauderdale, ended up getting 12th row seats at face value the week of the show.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is/Sinner's Swing
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crazy Levi's advice is rock solid.
    I waited on Platinum Seats for the SATX 2008 show and was able to get amazing seats in the lower bowl next to Ed's side of the stage about a month before the gig for about $40 over face. I am going to use this same strategy this year. I am so lucky that the Texas gigs are at the end of the tour. Deals will be all over the place!!

Milan

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

not really, my sis went through the trouble to use her AMEX for the presale, we got lower level on row b, but its closer to the back of the lower level, i feel bad asking her to do that, now if i get better seats later then i gotta yell im only doing it for her, so we can sit closer, LOL

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.02.16 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hell to the no. Not any better with mobile app presale either. I'm in row 10 section 4 of the Nashville show. Look that up and you'll see for yourself.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 11
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

07.30.15 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have learned that what you say is true,for the most part.I have the 595.00 VIP for Tacoma and Platinum for LA.Pulling the trigger quickly,and you will(like I did,even knowing KNOWING that they'd be cheaper-but no patience) pay more,sometimes considerably more.But the choice of lower bowl,slightly elevated in the couple sections close to the stage on either side,seems to go away.If you like floor,then they're there.Once you get about 10 rows back or more it just becomes a bit tough for my wife who is 5'4".Im 6'0,but always seems like 2 guys 6'4" end up in front of me,lol! But,yes,Platinum starts to be a hell of a deal at 25-75 over face.
    Clanceman

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 2
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.12.17 @ 12:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my buddy who has an Amex card to get us tix for the Atlantic City show. He said he had the special Amex "gold" or whatever so he could get the "preferred" seats(whatever that means...). I wanted floor tix so he got us Section 4 row 3. I was pretty happy with those until I saw the "platinum seats" on ticketmaster yesterday. I had no idea about these "patinum" seats since they weren't even being offered for the Philly show(unless they just sold them all...) Looks like they have some really good Platinum seats for A.C. for about $25 bucks more than what I paid for mine. OH well. Live and Learn. I plan on seeing them in Orlando too so maybe they will have Platinum for that show too.