Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default One Million Moms to JC Penney: fire Ellen, she's gay

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - One Million Moms -- a project of the American Family Association -- is very angry at JC Penney.

No, not because it sells sweater vests (heck, Rick Santorum is a fan of those), but because the Texas-based department store has hired Ellen DeGeneres as a spokeswoman.

And DeGeneres is -- cue the scary music -- gay, and open about it.

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the million (or so) moms write on their website. "DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there."

One Million Moms is asking people to call JC Penney to complain.

With this campaign, One Million Moms, which claims to be "the most powerful tool you have to stand against the immorality, violence, vulgarity and profanity the entertainment media is throwing at your children," is going after one of the country's most-beloved television hosts.

The moms want JC Penney "to replace Ellen DeGeneres as their new spokesperson immediately and remain neutral in the culture war."

Fat chance, says the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination.

"A vast majority of Americans today support Ellen as well as their LGBT friends and family members," Herndon Graddick, a GLAAD spokesman said in a written statement. "Selecting an out performer who has inspired and entertained millions, is not only a smart business practice, but a reflection of how LGBT Americans today are an integral and valued part of the fabric of our culture."

DeGeneres' daytime talk show has more viewers than the American Family Association has moms. Between January 16 and January 22, "Ellen" averaged 3.38 million viewers -- or 2.38 million more people than the AFA has moms.

American Family Association did not return a request for comment.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    With this campaign, One Million Moms, which claims to be "the most powerful tool you have to stand against the immorality, violence, vulgarity and profanity the entertainment media is throwing at your children," is going after one of the country's most-beloved television hosts.
    Personaly I find it immoral and vulgar to persecute someone for their sexuality and then harp on about how you're really just doing everyone a favour by persicuting them.....Sometimes, I hate people, the rest of the time I just don't understand them!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,358 Posts

she isn't a model either but she making bank by being the Cover Girl spokesperson

Women like her because she is real, honest, funny and nice

I don't think that is going to equate to a huge upsurge in sales of women's chinos, vests and neckties

but if these women want something to bitch about, tell them to boycott Sears for putting those Kartrashian hos in charge of their junior womens department

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Is anybody really going to stop shopping at JCPennys beacue they hired Ellen?

Don't they have anything better to complain about?

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not me, but I only set foot in that place once. Wasn't for me. This is just another reason I stopped watching the news, if it wasn't for my Yahoo homepage and the Links giving me news I could live in my own world. Oh, FB too...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - One Million Moms -- a project of the American Family Association -- is very angry at JC Penney.

No, not because it sells sweater vests (heck, Rick Santorum is a fan of those), but because the Texas-based department store has hired Ellen DeGeneres as a spokeswoman.

And DeGeneres is -- cue the scary music -- gay, and open about it.

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the million (or so) moms write on their website. "DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there."

One Million Moms is asking people to call JC Penney to complain.

The moms want JC Penney "to replace Ellen DeGeneres as their new spokesperson immediately and remain neutral in the culture war."

Fat chance, says the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination.

"A vast majority of Americans today support Ellen as well as their LGBT friends and family members," Herndon Graddick, a GLAAD spokesman said in a written statement. "Selecting an out performer who has inspired and entertained millions, is not only a smart business practice, but a reflection of how LGBT Americans today are an integral and valued part of the fabric of our culture."

DeGeneres' daytime talk show has more viewers than the American Family Association has moms. Between January 16 and January 22, "Ellen" averaged 3.38 million viewers -- or 2.38 million more people than the AFA has moms.

American Family Association did not return a request for comment.
    Don't you just love religion and "traditional values"?

It makes me sick when people use these arguments to support their bigot ways.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 02.03.12 at 01:03 PM.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I really don't care for the woman, but its got nothing to do with the fact she's gay. I just find her annoying.

But this, really? Is anybody really so biggoted that they honestly think people would boycott a store because the spokeperson isn't straight and doesn't represent a "traditional" family? You know, the kind of traditions which were strong when gays were persecuted and African Americans sat at the back of the bus.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

I need some slacks. I think I'll head over to old JC's this weekend and pick up a pair, just to stick it to a million moms..
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,358 Posts

I'm going to Penneys this weekend too but only because I want to check out their new pricing strategy

it's revolutionary

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

Pennys is a great place to shop for clothes. Everything is just right ! !

I like my shopping experience at Pennys, for clothes, better than my experience shopping at:

Sears --cramped isles
    Macys --uncomfortable temperature in the store -- too warm
    Khols --crappy music blaring over the speakers
    Dillards --just to big and cavernous

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Don't you just love religion and "traditional values"?

It makes me sick when people use these arguments to support their bigot ways.
    Didn't see "religion" mentioned here until you did.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Yes, but all the code words were used.

Most interesting to me is you can take this presser from the Million Moms and replace "gay" with "Negro" and you would've seen this exact thing 60 years ago.

Bigots were on the wrong side of history then and I hope soon enough they will be with these idiotic anti-gay campaigns.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    Personaly I find it immoral and vulgar to persecute someone for their sexuality and then harp on about how you're really just doing everyone a favour by persicuting them.....Sometimes, I hate people, the rest of the time I just don't understand them!
    I'm with Tom on this one.....that organization sounds more like "One Million Judgemental C*nts" to me.....
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/faq.asp

Who is OneMillionMoms.com?

OneMillionMoms.com is an online project of American Family Association, a 501(c)3
    nonprofit, conservative, pro-family organization based in Tupelo, Mississippi. AFA has been in existence for over 25 years and is a well-respected member of the pro-life and pro-family community. AFA exists to motivate and equip citizens to change the culture to reflect Biblical truth.
    Delusions of eloquence

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,123 Times in 1,830 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Well, if you go to AFA.net, you'll see

Revolving top story 1: the story of a girl who found out she was almost aborted
    Revolving top story 2: the story of forest rangers ordering the image of Jesus removed from WWII memorial statue
    Revolving top story 3: the story on Home Depot's response about AFA pressure to stop their homosexual support
    Revolving top story 4: the story on a call for families to support marriage as God intended it
    Revolving top story 5: the story about a Pastor talking about his newest book
    Revolving top story 6: the story on Macy's firing a Christian for preventing a man dressed as a woman from using the women's dressing room
    Revolving top story 7: the story on AARP using membership dues to advocate same-sex marriage,

as well as stories titled:

"Bryan Fischer: Obama’s “tax the rich” scheme does NOT “coincide with Jesus’ teaching”"
    "Probe Ministries: Welcome to the Machine: The Transhumanist God"
    "Dr. Ray Pritchard: The Curse of Moderate Christianity"
    "Take Action: Obama mandates pro-abortion policy on faith-based organizations"
    "Superintendent bullies Christian student, calls him 'ignorant'"

And that's just the home page