Damn, I can't wait to buy this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained-Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.23.18 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great review,first impression on what samples i've heard are awesome .Can't wait till Tuesday......
    Dave he said " Them motherf%#kers are out of line"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 4,210 Times in 2,528 Posts

So do you just get a link to the music or an advance CD? If CD, any revelations in the liner notes that are, well, noteworthy?

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSims View Post
    M.C.,

How is the production and mix? Is it good? I mean, all of the samples almost sound like demos at times and everybody has kept telling me that it is because they are the compresses mp3's etc and that the album will have that fixed.

Is that true?
    Bump this topic.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

The one I'm listening to.
    Last Online

03.23.19 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 2,269 Times in 522 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My friends, I heard the entire album. I will attempt to give you my first impressions. It will be hard, because I feel like I'm mostly speechless. 

Today will always be remembered as possibly the best musical experience of my entire life. Or at least, if I ever did enjoy music as much as I have today, it was years and years and years ago, and I forgot how awesome music can really be. 

We just got the new Van Halen album from the record company. I had a chance to listen to the entire album on a plane today. I was sitting between my wife and a stranger. I skipped the first song, "tattoo", and let tracks 2 through 13 play. I was overwhelmed with emotion. At times I had goosebumps, and a couple times, somewhere in the middle of the CD, I was fully aware that my jaw was literally dropped and I could not close it for at least a couple minutes, despite the fact that the airline stewardesses were noticing and probably wondered what the hell was happening to me. Aware of that, I tried to close my mouth so as to not seem like a freak, but I couldn't do it. Lol! 

This album is absolutely the best Van Halen album and decades. I think it will go down in history as their best album since 1984 for some, and definitely for others it will be the best sense Fair Warning. 

It is surprisingly noncommercial, other than "Tattoo", and very, very heavy,  and even progressive. Listening to 90 second snippets in MP3 quality is no way to listen to this album.  In my honest opinion, this is the best rock album by ANY rock band in 20 years, minimum.   It absolutely destroys everything out there now, and everything that's been out there for a very long time.

I think this song order is absolutely perfect. But if there is an oddball song, it is definitely "tattoo". That song absolutely does not represent the album. Don't get me wrong, I like "tattoo", it's a really neat song, and it definitely sounds like Van Halen… It's got a really cool Eddie guitar solo and the charm of David Lee back on the vocals. But musically, it is definitely the weakest song on the album. It's a fine song, and its radio friendly, and it's better than the other rock on the radio today,  but it's not as musically impressive as any of the other songs.

I'm totally blown away and I'm just thrilled to death. I knew they had it in them to make something awesome, but this really blew me away and exceeded my expectations. I can't believe the band is not publicly going on and on about how great their album is. Lol. They are so modest! At least so far…

This is only my initial reaction after one complete listen. However, I remember very clearly what my initial reaction was for their last several albums, and my initial reaction pretty much held from then on.

I am just so happy right now. I can't imagine a Van Halen fan not loving this album.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.23.19 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 613 Times in 284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post
    My friends, I heard the entire album. I will attempt to give you my first impressions. It will be hard, because I feel like I'm mostly speechless. 

Today will always be remembered as possibly the best musical experience of my entire life. Or at least, if I ever did enjoy music as much as I have today, it was years and years and years ago, and I forgot how awesome music can really be. 

We just got the new Van Halen album from the record company. I had a chance to listen to the entire album on a plane today. I was sitting between my wife and a stranger. I skipped the first song, "tattoo", and let tracks 2 through 13 play. I was overwhelmed with emotion. At times I had goosebumps, and a couple times, somewhere in the middle of the CD, I was fully aware that my jaw was literally dropped and I could not close it for at least a couple minutes, despite the fact that the airline stewardesses were noticing and probably wondered what the hell was happening to me. Aware of that, I tried to close my mouth so as to not seem like a freak, but I couldn't do it. Lol! 

This album is absolutely the best Van Halen album and decades. I think it will go down in history as their best album since 1984 for some, and definitely for others it will be the best sense Fair Warning. 

It is surprisingly noncommercial, other than "Tattoo", and very, very heavy,  and even progressive. Listening to 90 second snippets in MP3 quality is no way to listen to this album.  In my honest opinion, this is the best rock album by ANY rock band in 20 years, minimum.   It absolutely destroys everything out there now, and everything that's been out there for a very long time.

I think this song order is absolutely perfect. But if there is an oddball song, it is definitely "tattoo". That song absolutely does not represent the album. Don't get me wrong, I like "tattoo", it's a really neat song, and it definitely sounds like Van Halen… It's got a really cool Eddie guitar solo and the charm of David Lee back on the vocals. But musically, it is definitely the weakest song on the album. It's a fine song, and its radio friendly, and it's better than the other rock on the radio today,  but it's not as musically impressive as any of the other songs.

I'm totally blown away and I'm just thrilled to death. I knew they had it in them to make something awesome, but this really blew me away and exceeded my expectations. I can't believe the band is not publicly going on and on about how great their album is. Lol. They are so modest! At least so far…

This is only my initial reaction after one complete listen. However, I remember very clearly what my initial reaction was for their last several albums, and my initial reaction pretty much held from then on.

I am just so happy right now. I can't imagine a Van Halen fan not loving this album.
    Eat Us and Smile!

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's all anyone needs to hear. Absolute truth.
    Eat Us And Smile

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.31.18 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

I skipped the first song, "tattoo", and let tracks 2 through 13 play.
    It's funny that you pointed this out. I've been debating on if I'm going to skip Tattoo on my first listen or not (for what it's worth, I feel the same way about Tattoo as you do). Anyway, after much consideration, I've decided I WILL NOT skip the song. This will be my first full listen of this album. I only get one FIRST listen of it. I'm going to listen to the album from the beginning. However, I may be pouring a drink and preparing for tracks 2 through 13 while Tattoo is playing!

Anyway, great to hear your thoughts. I appreciate every early opinion that's been posted hear regarding the full album.

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty
    Last Online

05.24.13 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Another overwhelmingly approving review for the album!

So any particular stand-out tracks for you?
    I don't always listen to Van Halen, but when I do, I prefer David Lee Roth. 'Stay Frosty' my friends. - The Most Interesting Man In The World

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.23.19 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 613 Times in 284 Posts

It's a stellar production as Diamond Dave would say
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

05.18.12 @ 01:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my honest opinion, this is the best rock album by ANY rock band in 20 years, minimum.   It absolutely destroys everything out there now, and everything that's been out there for a very long time.
    So very cool, I wish time would just freeze for a while, to savor this moment.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 215 Times in 113 Posts

Nothing else needs to be said, thanks Jeff.

Favorite VH Album

Everything but III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.18.15 @ 01:43 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Awesome, buddy! That's so cool that you're on "The Inside" with those guys! Now that you've given me your cell phone number, can I call you and listen while you blast the album through the phone?!?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 09:01 AM
    Liked 2,172 Times in 1,470 Posts

I'm glad you're so enthusiastic, but the best since Fair Warning? Better than any rock album the last 20 years? It seems overboard. Which is ok. It's great that everyone is excited, but I haven't heard anything from the clips that leads me to believe this will be a GREAT album. Which it sure as hell doesn't have to be and I wouldn't expect it to be.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I'm glad you're so enthusiastic, but the best since Fair Warning? Better than any rock album the last 20 years? It seems overboard. Which is ok. It's great that everyone is excited, but I haven't heard anything from the clips that leads me to believe this will be a GREAT album. Which it sure as hell doesn't have to be and I wouldn't expect it to be.
    You know, dude. We all get the point. You're not as excited as others and you're not expecting much. Whatever. That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. However, quit trying to give everyone the golden shower.

Move. The. Fuck. On.