Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

01.23.14 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy Hagar: Chickenfoot are better than Van Halen

Sammy Hagar has upped the ante in his ongoing verbal attacks on Van Halen by claiming that the musicians in Chickenfoot are better than those in the reunited Halen.

Talking to Radio Metal, the frontman says his current band are better than his previous one.

ďAs individuals,absolutely! Iíve been in both bands, I can tell you right now. Take the new albums and compare them track by track and then tell me.

ďIf you take Joe Satriani versus Eddie, you take Dave Lee Roth versus me, Wolfie Van Halen versus Mikey Anthony, Chad Smith or Kenny Aronoff versus Al Van HalenÖI mean, come on! You know what I mean? Man for man, who can sing the best? Dave or I, today? Who can play the best? Joe or Eddie, today? Who could play or sing the best? Wolfie or Mikey? I think itís a joke. Sure, I love the comparison as long as itís fair. Not because youíre a big Eddie Van Halen fan, you think that heís God, therefore you think that heís better than Joe; you have to be bipartisan and just listen and watch both of them play. Listen, I played with them both, I can tell you right now: there is no comparison today. Never mind the innovator that Eddie was. Iím talking about what they can play today.Ē

But Hagar would be happy for Chickenfoot to open for Van Halen.

ďAre you kidding? Right now, for free. They wouldnít even have to pay me.Ē

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 41 Posts

Five pages deep right here my friend..
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~