Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

11.16.12 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Someone claims entire album was played at Uli Roth show

From Metal Sludge:

(Yeah yeah...not a very reputable site but this poster isn't known to make up shit and isn't really known as a big VH fan either)

"The WHOLE album, each and every song in its entirety

We went to see Uli Jon Roth at the Rockpile in Toronto, and after the opening band they put the new VH album on and let the whole thing play out before Uli went on stage.

And I have to say - DAMN does it kick some ass

Not gonna bother with any sort of big review. Just wanted to brag that I got to hear it LOL.

But in all seriousness, I suspect that this album is actually gonna be bigger than people here expect, and is really going to make an impact on the Rock world. This thing really does have the potential to be massive."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Unless the gig broke down into a massive riot/orgy after listening, I'm not buying it.

That's what I would've done, anyway.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yiggity View Post
    From Metal Sludge:

(Yeah yeah...not a very reputable site but this poster isn't known to make up shit and isn't really known as a big VH fan either)

"The WHOLE album, each and every song in its entirety

We went to see Uli Jon Roth at the Rockpile in Toronto, and after the opening band they put the new VH album on and let the whole thing play out before Uli went on stage.

And I have to say - DAMN does it kick some ass

Not gonna bother with any sort of big review. Just wanted to brag that I got to hear it LOL.

But in all seriousness, I suspect that this album is actually gonna be bigger than people here expect, and is really going to make an impact on the Rock world. This thing really does have the potential to be massive."
    I doubt many are going to like it outside of the hardcore fans. Just my feeling.

Favorite VH Song

Unchained!
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 36 Times in 16 Posts

I expected some trolling from youtube and facebook comments as the first short previews emerged, but after the longer itunes previews were released I though that maybe those people would stop as soon as they noticed the album is, indeed, very good.

However, I was wrong... hundreds of haters are bashing it nonstop, despite the fact that it's an awesome album... I guess they are just envy that VH can blow out any of their cock-sucking favourite bands, damn, I'm not from the US but for me it seems like this: everybody trashes everything VH does before even listening or developing an opinion about it, it's just the standart. People act towards VH differently than how they act with any other bands, they judge, they argue about tone, songwriting, riff, arrangements, vocals, just like if they knew how to make songs better, damn!!! That's too annoying!!!

Don't get me wrong folks, if you are a diehard you are welcome to say things like that and I will be glad to listen to it and talk to you about it, but I don't like to hear this dumbfucks who don't know shit about anything badmouthing VH nonstop over the net... fuck it, just fuck it.

Fuck it...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:42 PM
    Liked 18,182 Times in 8,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I doubt many are going to like it outside of the hardcore fans. Just my feeling.
    Great in my opinion.

They didn't go the Aerosmith route and have Desmond Child and Diane Warren write songs for them.

Yes, they mined their own unreleased songs for ideas.

But damn, these songs are killer, and they have released an album in their late 50's that can proudly stand alongside any album in their catalog and not be ashamed.

That's pretty impressive in my book.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like choosing among children
    Favorite VH Song

damn...drop dead legs?Unchaine
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:15 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GOLATTARI View Post
    I expected some trolling from youtube and facebook comments as the first short previews emerged, but after the longer itunes previews were released I though that maybe those people would stop as soon as they noticed the album is, indeed, very good.

However, I was wrong... hundreds of haters are bashing it nonstop, despite the fact that it's an awesome album... I guess they are just envy that VH can blow out any of their cock-sucking favourite bands, damn, I'm not from the US but for me it seems like this: everybody trashes everything VH does before even listening or developing an opinion about it, it's just the standart. People act towards VH differently than how they act with any other bands, they judge, they argue about tone, songwriting, riff, arrangements, vocals, just like if they knew how to make songs better, damn!!! That's too annoying!!!

Don't get me wrong folks, if you are a diehard you are welcome to say things like that and I will be glad to listen to it and talk to you about it, but I don't like to hear this dumbfucks who don't know shit about anything badmouthing VH nonstop over the net... fuck it, just fuck it.

Fuck it...
    You may not be a gringo but we are adopting you. You certainly cuss like one. Very eloquently put. Welcome to the club!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by GOLATTARI View Post

Fuck it...
    Most of what I've seen on YouTube has been extremely positive. now, I don't know how many of the posters are members from here, but I don't see the negativity since the clips have come out.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Great in my opinion.

They didn't go the Aerosmith route and have Desmond Child and Diane Warren write songs for them.

But damn, these songs are killer, and they have released an album in their late 50's that can proudly stand alongside any album in their catalog and not be ashamed.

Yes, and I'm glad they did. There's a lot of scraps out there that are completely serviceable. Heck, I mine my old songs for new songs all the time. All songwriters should do it.

I'm also, like you said, glad that Van Halen didn't go the Aerosmith route. I really lost some respect for the Boys from Beantown. They should have doubled down their songwriting efforts: hired a producer, checked into some mansion somewhere (all five of 'em), set up a studio in there, and really concentrated on writing. I'm sure we would have gotten some great stuff outta that.

--- --- ---

Concerning these new songs and for conversation's sake, I bet Shanks had a lot to do with the arrangements, like Ted Templeman did with the Six Pack. To see what I mean, compare the demo versions of "Runnin' With The Devil" and "House Of Pain" to the official releases. They're quite different.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with having the producer kick your songs into fighting shape. It's the producer's job to do so.
    Last edited by Metal Marc; 01.30.12 at 11:41 AM.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.23.12 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I saw plenty of negative after Tattoo. Gotta be honest, there is a shit load of ....."that's more like it!"....and....."YES! They're back!" now with these samples out there. Definitely seeing more positive than negative. It's just that the occasional "this blows" catches your attention.

Last Online

02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Great in my opinion.

I think this may be unprecedented. Has any major rock band in their 50's released an album with songs of this quality? Certainly not the Stones or Aerosmith. If another band has done it i'm at a loss.

I mean, I'm completely amazed and how great this album turned out to be. Talk about exceeding expectations.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

A Bigger Bang was a pretty solid album IMO.

Last Online

02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    A Bigger Bang was a pretty solid album IMO.
    I'm a big Stones fan but I was disappointed in A Bigger Bang. Some good songs but too much filler. Just my opinion though.

I'm just completely blown away by the songs from ADKOT and I never expected to have the same sort of feeling and excitement about a new VH album at my age that I had about, say 1984, when that came out.

Now that I think about it, AC/DC's Black Ice was pretty good album but not in the same league as ADKOT.

Favorite VH Album

VH-5150
    Last Online

03.20.15 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe it - Dave's nephew Uli has probably had the album for weeks. Ha! little joke.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

So random bar in Toronto has a copy and it's not online yet? I call BS (in my opinion of course. Don't want to hurt the feelings of any rock website fans)

Last Online

11.16.12 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    So random bar in Toronto has a copy and it's not online yet? I call BS (in my opinion of course. Don't want to hurt the feelings of any rock website fans)
    Yeah who knows. It very well could be bullshit. The only thing that makes me think it could be true is that the OP has been posting there a long time and really doesn't have a history of making stuff up. Plus she's an Alice Cooper fan...she never even mentions Van Halen.

Plus...I just want it to be true!! That means we could be closer to getting it leaked if it were lol.

Here's her last response:

"In any case, people are welcome to call or email the club and ask them about it. They should be able to confirm the story. And while you're at it - ask where the hell they got it! LOL. I'm really curious to know.

Suffice it to say, whichever Sludger gave the VH forum the heads-up on my post, please feel free to let them know that I didn't imagine the whole thing, nor did I make it up. I have absolutely no reason to do so, and have never fabricated anything that I've ever posted on here. It's simply not my style."
    Last edited by Yiggity; 01.30.12 at 09:45 PM.