Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Does anyone else feel like tomorrow's press conference will shed any light on the VH situation at all, or not anything VH related at all? After all these years of no one doing big press conferences, it will be pretty cool to see this thing or hear it happen, and find out what they have to say. If the other post that said a radio station may carry the press conference is true, then what are we to think?

I'm probably wrong, but if Irving Azoff is involved, Ed's legal matters are close to being finalized, and major radio may carry this, then it could be bigger than what we are expecting. I know, many will say this is highly unlikely, and yes, that is true, but a guy can dream for one night. Nothing like going to bed tonite, knowing we're going to hear from some of the guys tomorrow. This is one of the best days in VH land in a long time, and VH(Ed,Al and Mike) may not even be involved. But who knows?

If this hasn't been an elaborate smokescreen, then I will gladly take a Dave and Sammy tour if they are doing it for the fans and the music. I just know not many people give tomorrow any shot of being about a full blown reunion, but the pieces are in place, and the positive and negative charges of the VH world, Dave and Sammy, two forces, that like positive and negative magnets, have no business coming together, are doing just that. That is a huge step in the right direction and maybe just part of the modern day Trojan horse.

Whatever the case, it is time now to slip back to the parlor, slip on the smoking jacket, put on the game face, crank up some VH, both eras, and start gearin' up for the party of the summer.
    Light 'em up!!!!!!!!!!!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

IMO --if anything, this just confirms that Van Halen is doing NOTHING this year.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Hain, I appreciate the honest answer. Apologies to Raldo, as I think he started a similar thread over in opin/spec. Just wondered if I was the only one who thinks it could happen. Either way, it should be the best day we've had in a while as far as having something to actually discuss that is new and concrete.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

I hope someone gives us a heads up early on Tuesday to let us know if we can hear this on the internet or if it's going to be on national radio or whatever....

I think part of the reason all that Edward Van Halen™ (Copyright 2002. All Rights Reserved. Name may not be reproduced without prior written consent of the copyright holder. Edward Van Halen is a registered trademark of E.L.V.H., Inc.)crap came out at this time is because Eddie knows that the guy playing with DLR uses a guitar with a similiar design to Ed's and sometimes wears those striped overalls....

IMO Edward Van Halen™ (Copyright 2002. All Rights Reserved. Name may not be reproduced without prior written consent of the copyright holder. Edward Van Halen is a registered trademark of E.L.V.H., Inc.) is either very sick still or holds a grudge against the singers still.

If Edward Van Halen™ (Copyright 2002. All Rights Reserved. Name may not be reproduced without prior written consent of the copyright holder. Edward Van Halen is a registered trademark of E.L.V.H., Inc.)shows up at any of these shows to jam I will be very surprised.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I have always like the fact that VH, my favorite group, was a bunch of cool guys, guys you know you could hang with, regualar people who enjoyed the same kind of shit we do. With the advent of the net, and the lack of VH news and music, the interaction of the band and the shit that has gone down has been a main point of discussion the past 2 years. It would be cool to me for these guys to come get the back of their brother who has been ill and down, and eveyone cut that shit from the past loose, and do whatever it takes to make that kick ass music again.

Could that happen?

Could Dave keep his mouth shut about VH for 2 years? No one would have said so 2 years ago.

Could EVH turn into Gene Simmons over nite, split with his record co. and never play the guitar again? I hope not.

Could Dave go back on his quote of never touring with Sammy? Well, he may very well do just that tomorrow.

Lots of stuff going on we thought could never happen. A full-blown reunion sure ain't gonna crush any part of my groove. Bring it on!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

it seems to me that both Dave and Sammy have been respectful of Ed's health situation over the past couple of years.

speaking of "keeping in touch with your fans" I saw a clip on TV the other day with one of the guys from Crosby Stills Nash(whichever one was in the Hollies) and he was saying how important it is to have fan/band contact. He was talking about meeting the Everly Brothers(who grew up learning guitar from my great uncle but that's another story ) and how cool he thought it was that the brothers took the time to hang with him one time when he was young and talk music with him.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

i just can't wait to hear what DlR and Spa...er I mean Sammy [img]tongue.gif[/img] have to say about everything Tuesday
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Prediction:

This tour will not happen.

Tomorrow, one of them (probably Dave) will say or do something utterly ridiculous, causing the other's ego to be wounded beyond repair.

You all know I am right.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

this is gonna be strange for sure! but i doubt we will hear from ed al and mike on this.

if ya ask me...sam and dave will field a few questions but steer away from the vh talk. dave will give some cryptic messages to us. ed will golf next week and tell us he doesn't know what goes on in other people's realities, and that's about it.

i'm excited, but i ain't holdin my breath

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw