Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight Trojan Rubber Company's Avatar
    Last Online

07.23.13 @ 01:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default From an insider on VH

This is from Blabbermouth site interesting read.

You might not like Sammy, but he is speaking the truth. I worked with Van Halen from the Fair Warning tour to the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour and have seen the issues grow in Van Halen (which have been documented very well).

The fights started with DLR over keyboards and venue sizes. DLR did not want keyboards in VH songs and wanted to continue to play the venues they were selling out. Eddie wanted more keyboards and stadium tours. DLR wanted to do a solo album, the VH brothers said hell no. On the 1984 when things got real bad the brothers told DLR to make a solo album and it would sale like Peter Criss's solo album. Then DLR in interviews started to repeast what most VH fans were saying "no keyboards" that was the end of his time in VH.

With Sammy, they claimed they loved the freedom that a singer such as Sammy gave them musicial. When Sammy would provide his opinion the VH brothers would start to shut him down. The greatest hits album as end of Sammy's time in the band. Sammy wanted to not play so many stadium tours and just get back to basics. Sammy wanted to focus on the next album and tour. During this time, VH was writing a song with DLR for the greatest hits album. Then when Sammy asked about it, they lied to him. Then they fired Sammy and hired DLR thinking they could control DLR because he had better be damn greatful to be back in the band. When they could not control DLR they fired him and trashed him again in the press.

So whether you liked him in VH or not, he was not the problem with VH. I liked both verisions of VH myself.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

......... and BOOM goes the dynamite

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Rubber Company View Post
    This is from Blabbermouth site interesting read.

You might not like Sammy, but he is speaking the truth. I worked with Van Halen from the Fair Warning tour to the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour and have seen the issues grow in Van Halen (which have been documented very well).

The fights started with DLR over keyboards and venue sizes. DLR did not want keyboards in VH songs and wanted to continue to play the venues they were selling out. Eddie wanted more keyboards and stadium tours. DLR wanted to do a solo album, the VH brothers said hell no. On the 1984 when things got real bad the brothers told DLR to make a solo album and it would sale like Peter Criss's solo album. Then DLR in interviews started to repeast what most VH fans were saying "no keyboards" that was the end of his time in VH.

With Sammy, they claimed they loved the freedom that a singer such as Sammy gave them musicial. When Sammy would provide his opinion the VH brothers would start to shut him down. The greatest hits album as end of Sammy's time in the band. Sammy wanted to not play so many stadium tours and just get back to basics. Sammy wanted to focus on the next album and tour. During this time, VH was writing a song with DLR for the greatest hits album. Then when Sammy asked about it, they lied to him. Then they fired Sammy and hired DLR thinking they could control DLR because he had better be damn greatful to be back in the band. When they could not control DLR they fired him and trashed him again in the press.

So whether you liked him in VH or not, he was not the problem with VH. I liked both verisions of VH myself.
    Wow! I'm no Mark Twain, but I hope that is not how it was written.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Romeo Delight Trojan Rubber Company's Avatar
    Last Online

07.23.13 @ 01:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the sky, Humans Being
    Last Online

05.27.15 @ 08:46 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Mike is a class act! lol
    Personal Link
    www.facebook.com/TWDJR

Band Links:
    www.facebook.com/azmythband
    www.myspace.com/azmythband
    www.soundclick.com/azmythus
    www.azmythmusic.com

"Does anyone elses grandmother drink bacon grease?"

"I could barely see the ham, from the steam comin off of it, i reached down, between its legs, and cut a piece off" ... "Hamina"

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:13 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

it's not an article - it's a comment from someone under an article. A comment from someone who does not have spell check it would appear. And a comment that flies in the face of things Sam said in his book as well.

It's likely bullshit and certainly not thread worthy.

PS - and yes, Mike is a class act.