Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Default Ticketmaster and all brokers can blow me

If this needs to be moved, no problem.
    It took me 1/2 to get so-so seats for the Boston show...tried to buy 2 together and kept getting bounced to nothing available. Finally ended up with a pair...might try and upgrade later, but I'm pissed. I was on at 9:55 and kept hitting refresh and was typing in my info at 10 exactly. Almost tossed my iPad across the room...
    I ended up buying the vinyl as well...what the hell is 55 more bucks after getting raped by ticketmasters fees?
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

It has turned into the biggest bunch of bullshit.

Over the top pricing, over the top charges, they always stick my ass back in the southwest corner of the arena even if I'm the first one on ticketmaster. no matter what.

my big arena concerting is just about older. I'll go see bands at the theaters from now on. Hell, I can go see Jane's Addiction at The Palace in Louisville for about $50 and be right there in the middle of all of it
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

There are tons of good seats still for the Pittsburgh show. Obviously not as many folks wanting to spend a ton for tickets in Pittsburgh (Compared to Boston, New York, etc)

I wouldn't be surprised if (For the Pittsburgh show) they offer buy one get one free at some point.

I know it is frustrating. With that said, since I'm saving a lot of money because the Steelers don't have any home playoff games, it makes me feel better about spending a ton on VH.

I'm just going to buy from a scalper a few days before the show.
    Right here I say....

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

I was on at 10am exactly for MSG shows, 30 seconds later there were no tickets available! But TM directed me to the platinum seats which were available at 2x to 10x face value. What a scam!!

There is no way VH has the fan base to sell out two MSG shows in 30 seconds. TM is manipulating the market. Also, the scalpers probably have all these seats.

All the good will of the last 2 weeks or so going right down the drain for me.
    11-13-2007 MSG NY, NY
    12-28-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    12-30-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    5-13-2008 IZOD Arena East Rutherford , NJ
    5-23-2008 MSG NY, NY
    5-28-2008 Verizon Manchester, NH
    2-28-2012 MSG NY, NY
    3-01-2012 MSG NY, NY

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:51 AM
    Liked 1,204 Times in 532 Posts

I will be going to Philly and Dc .I always wait til about a week before show if not day of. They release seats day of all the time. I will pay extra going thou broker or scalpers but who cares. I am not frustrated like many here. It is what it is.

SENT BY MY =VH WALKIE -TALKIE ®
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

02.07.12 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just made a half-hearted attempt to get tix for the Boston show - no decent seats for reasonable prices - so I gave up.

I saw the last tour with Dave. It was good, but the magic was missing, something was 'off'. It was the absence of Michael Anthony and the inclusion of Wolfie. I have total respect for Wolf - clearly an amazing bass player. But I'm in no rush to see the band perform again. I saw them 4 times with Sammy, once with Gary, and then Dave.

If someone gives me tickets, or I get a sweet deal, great. Otherwise, I will rebel against Ticketmaster, and on some immature level, I will rebel against VH for their years worth of silent treatment and booting Mike. I'll enjoy the new album and that's that.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All, but a VERY few!
    Last Online

11.03.16 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Well I THINK I upgraded my tickets this morning to the Pittsburgh show. I had section 112 Row A. This morning I got section 122 Row N. 122 is beside the stage on Eddie's side. If you look closely, there is a special seating chart for Van Halen in the drop down menu. There is a walkway that extends into Floor sections 1 and 2. This makes 122 a pretty good section.

Has anyone ever sat in section 122 at Consol for a show? Is there any obstructed view by stage rigging, lights, PA's, etc? I don't want to sell the wrong tickets! LOL

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

I just looked at the mSG shows out of curiosity. No tix available to either show? Van Halen sold out two garden shows in an hour? Seriously?
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Down the Drain View Post
    I just looked at the mSG shows out of curiosity. No tix available to either show? Van Halen sold out two garden shows in an hour? Seriously?
    There were no tickets available at 10 except the odd single. There are 800+ listings on ebay/stubhub etc
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down the Drain View Post
    and these guys probably bought all of them last week

Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you guys are willing to wait it out, I bet ticket prices will drop in the few days before the show as scalpers become desperate to dump their unsold tickets. Personally, I've never tried to wait it out that long, but I'm going to this year.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    and these guys probably bought all of them last week

Well, considering two of those guys are dead, and we have no fucking idea what happened to the guy in front, I would think that Sil and Paulie Walnuts are in hiding somewhere in Florida. And God forbid AJ is running the Family.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT at the moment
    Favorite VH Song

Everything on ADKOT
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 01:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    If this needs to be moved, no problem.
    It took me 1/2 to get so-so seats for the Boston show...tried to buy 2 together and kept getting bounced to nothing available. Finally ended up with a pair...might try and upgrade later, but I'm pissed. I was on at 9:55 and kept hitting refresh and was typing in my info at 10 exactly. Almost tossed my iPad across the room...
    I ended up buying the vinyl as well...what the hell is 55 more bucks after getting raped by ticketmasters fees?
    Had the same problem initially. How do you know that you're first? There were probably thousands doing the same thing as you.

Where are you sitting? I'm second row balcony section 301. Not bad. Can't afford anything better. Maybe I should have driven to the Garden last night and camped. Prolly too old fer dat! LOL. Anyway, I'm happpy with my seats.

MrC_5150
    **GBA~~~

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

Yeah, I've got about the fastest fiberoptic connection you can get. I was on at exactly 10:00am, and Ticketmaster was showing that there were no options for two tickets together in any price range at the United Center. I finally had to get a pair in the back corner of the Allstate Arena Lower bowl.

The only thing I can figure is that there were not a specific number of tickets that the LiveNation app was limited to for the app presale, and they all got bought up.

What a bunch of bullshit.

I long for the good old days, when the best seats were reserved for the people who were willing to wait in line, camping out for tickets overnight at the venue, or the ticketmaster outlet. I think that was better for the bands too. Back then, if you were willing to wait in line for tickets, you were a real fan, which put the people most excited to see the band right up front giving them a better response. Nowadays, the best seats are reserved for Amex customers and scalpers. Yeah, I know it's all legal, but they're still fucking scalpers. At least scalpers in my day had to work for the tickets, and wait in line to be the first to buy the good seats. Now, it's just a form of legal organized crime.

The most frustrating thing is the way the system works to buy the tickets. There should be a graphic display of the remaining seats in the venue. Whatever order you get on, you should have the choice of which seats you want that are remaining. Give the customer 10 seconds to click a choice, or lose their spot in line behind the next person.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MrC_5150 View Post
    Had the same problem initially. How do you know that you're first? There were probably thousands doing the same thing as you.

Where are you sitting? I'm second row balcony section 301. Not bad. Can't afford anything better. Maybe I should have driven to the Garden last night and camped. Prolly too old fer dat! LOL. Anyway, I'm happpy with my seats.
    I didn't say I was first...but I find it hard to believe I couldnt find two together...I look to be in same area as you....
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \