Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

"When It's Love"
    Last Online

08.31.16 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Default "Different Devil" Video?

So, the "Different Devil" video was released yesterday, and uh . . . what the fuck? It's just the song played over the cover art.

This song could be a big hit, but they seem to have dropped the ball big time if that's the video. I mean, of all the songs to half-ass! This was their big shot, and they're blowing it. Please, boys, if you want to compete against that musical abortion called "Tattoo," you're gonna have to up your game a bit. I was hoping for a really cool video to go along with a great song. Bummer.
    My website: www.timmcnulty.com

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Love them all
    Favorite VH Song

Love them all
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It was an announcement of the 'single' release, not the video release. Just happened to link to youtube, which is confusing I'll admit.
    "I play like I'm breaking out of jail" - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:09 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Chickenfoot should sue their management and/or record company for lost $$$ on both albums since they seem to be almost deliberately picking the wrong singles to release to the public. When you have a song like MKOG, DD, CC, you release that shit right away. Maybe they were afraid that the songs would be seen as too poppish.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

well hopefully they can get Chad in the video...and put some effort into the video and not just the band playing live..and then cut to other scenes of the video

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:46 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesbro View Post
    It was an announcement of the 'single' release, not the video release. Just happened to link to youtube, which is confusing I'll admit.
    If they want a hit, it should be both. It should be released to adult contemporary radio stations as well.

Last Online

02.10.13 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe they basically threw it out there Tuesday because Tattoo came out that day. So thats most likely why a video wasn't released. The song is ok, but it will be like all of the other CF tunes from both cd's that were released. It will get some play for a few weeks then will disappear like all the rest of them did. So I'm wondering if CF is planning on releasing their next single the day VH album is released? Wouldn't surprise me.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10 High View Post
    I believe they basically threw it out there Tuesday because Tattoo came out that day. So thats most likely why a video wasn't released. The song is ok, but it will be like all of the other CF tunes from both cd's that were released. It will get some play for a few weeks then will disappear like all the rest of them did. So I'm wondering if CF is planning on releasing their next single the day VH album is released? Wouldn't surprise me.
    Dude CF has been mentioning DD being released in mid January since about the end of November at the latest,where have you been?
    That's not the case with VH who waited untill after Christmas to announce the release of their first single.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    Dude CF has been mentioning DD being released in mid January since about the end of November at the latest,where have you been?
    That's not the case with VH who waited untill after Christmas to announce the release of their first single.
    Ok so it was a coincidence that it came out the same day. Sorry it's been a while since I've checked in on the foot so I'm a bit behind. DD is the best song on the cd and will do ok for a short while.

Favorite VH Album

VHI and F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/Humans Being
    Last Online

03.28.12 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmytripper View Post
    So, the "Different Devil" video was released yesterday, and uh . . . what the fuck? It's just the song played over the cover art.

This song could be a big hit, but they seem to have dropped the ball big time if that's the video. I mean, of all the songs to half-ass! This was their big shot, and they're blowing it. Please, boys, if you want to compete against that musical abortion called "Tattoo," you're gonna have to up your game a bit. I was hoping for a really cool video to go along with a great song. Bummer.
    It's not a video. Youtube is just a good way of giving the song out to public for free.
    Don't regret the rules I broke
    when I die
    Bury me in smoke

Favorite VH Album

VHI and F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/Humans Being
    Last Online

03.28.12 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't regret the rules I broke
    when I die
    Bury me in smoke

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Ok so it was a coincidence that it came out the same day. Sorry it's been a while since I've checked in on the foot so I'm a bit behind. DD is the best song on the cd and will do ok for a short while.
    Was it really a coincidence on VHIV's part?
    They did after all keep the release date a secret for the longest time.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    Was it really a coincidence on VHIV's part?
    They did after all keep the release date a secret for the longest time.

If that were the case I think VH would have released "Tattoo" on the same day CF released "I need a job".

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.24.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Chickenfoot should sue their management and/or record company for lost $$$ on both albums since they seem to be almost deliberately picking the wrong singles to release to the public. When you have a song like MKOG, DD, CC, you release that shit right away. Maybe they were afraid that the songs would be seen as too poppish.
    I could not agree with you more! It is as if you read my mind! Big Foot and I need a job? ugh. there are 4-5 much better songs including D.D. On the first CF there were at least 4 songs that never seen the day of light.

Yet, I've sadly figured it out. We are old and so is the band. Corporate radio stations see no va$ue in playing them. They want young bands who would crap their pants if they had to follow CF in a live show. That my friends is the truth.
    If it ain't red then paint it!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:54 PM
    Liked 92 Times in 39 Posts

I think the release of "3 and 1/2 letters" was an attempt to capitalize on the "Occupy" movement that was going on big at the time.

It failed...

No surprise there, release a song railing against what is happening to the middle class to be played by an increasingly disgusting corporate radio landscape?