Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Default New tweet from Ross Hogarth! Remember him??

“Here they come 2012!”

“I can finally say that for the last 18 months on and off I have been working on the new record coming out for Van Halen. A Different Kind of Truth is being released Feb 7 and it ROCKS !!!! You will not be disappointed. We made a rock record and it kicks ass. Trust me.”

Well, I must say, that certainly gets me even more hyped for the album after hearing Tattoo, which I like and is a cool song, but was definitely not a strong enough first single after all this time, imo.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Everything but III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.18.15 @ 02:43 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Yeah, I didn't know anything about Hogarth before this, but... let's see what he considers "kick ass". Hmmm... checking his credentials...

Hmm, The Doobie Brothers, John Mellencamp, Mylie Cyrus... not very rockin' so far.

Okay, Edgar Winter, Jimmy Eat World... gettin' there... not bad...

Oh! Wait... David Archaleta... back down to crap again...

Rooney, Lifehouse... meh.

The Jonas Brothers? OKAY! THAT'S ENOUGH!

I don't think we can trust this guy by his word. We'll just have to listen for ourselves.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

True, most of those artists pretty well suck, but to be fair, he's also worked with Dio, Ratt, and Motley Crue .. but yes, as you said, we'll obviously have to wait and see, and hope for the best.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Thanks Ross!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

VHI and F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/Humans Being
    Last Online

03.28.12 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Strangely enough, Reign In Blood by Slayer isn't hip hop, and Raising Hell by Run DMC isn't thrash metal...even though Rick Rubin produced them both! WOW!
    Don't regret the rules I broke
    when I die
    Bury me in smoke

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MWood919 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know anything about Hogarth before this, but... let's see what he considers "kick ass". Hmmm... checking his credentials...

Hmm, The Doobie Brothers, John Mellencamp, Mylie Cyrus... not very rockin' so far.

I don't think we can trust this guy by his word. We'll just have to listen for ourselves.

Let's see your biography of any of your successes.

All music insiders are saying this album kicks ass and I believe them.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

He also worked with Gov't Mule on some of their earlier material. That's enough for me as far as if he knows the definition of "Kicking Ass."
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenshoes View Post
    Strangely enough, Reign In Blood by Slayer isn't hip hop, and Raising Hell by Run DMC isn't thrash metal...even though Rick Rubin produced them both! WOW!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

04.01.15 @ 12:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As long as it's 'more' kick ass than The Jonas Brothers...I'm good...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Blood and Fire
    Last Online

08.19.12 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MWood919 View Post

You could have stopped at Doobie Brothers and Mellencamp and it would have been enough. Hogarth is the real deal. Who cares if he worked for Miley Cyrus or any other pop act. Dude is making a living. Poke around his website for two minutes and you'll see he's a rock guy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenshoes View Post
    I'd love to see VH work with Rick Rubin sometime down the line.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

Mark Twain

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I worked with Ross on my 2009 EP. He's a helluva nice guy and I was stoked for him when I learned he told me he was working on this album. The man knows his stuff!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I'm pretty confident in the fact that the rest of this album will definitely be harder rocking than Tattoo. The inclusion of Bullethead is just one example of this. As I've already stated a few times on here, I like Tattoo, I just think that the band, and I guess the label as well, made a huge misjudgement in making it the first single after all this time of not having any new music from VH. They should have come out of the gate a lot stronger than that, but again, I think the best is yet to come on Feb. 7th.

Last Online

11.16.12 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think with Tattoo, they're trying to get spins on the female lite rock stations that play Maroon 5 in addition to an occasional "rocker" from Aerosmith or Van Halen. Not sure if that's working though. I doubt this is one of the heavier songs on the record.

Last Online

03.08.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150 View Post
    I worked with Ross on my 2009 EP. He's a helluva nice guy and I was stoked for him when I learned he told me he was working on this album. The man knows his stuff!
    Brandon... nice work on If This House Could Cry. I'm gonna pick up your album.