Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please, hear me out:

I think it's funny how everybody around here is an expert regarding the life of another person where there is no way they know all the details.

The Divorce:

Eddie could of been having problems with Valerie for years and in actual fact the Separation could be a good thing for Eddie & Valerie. It's not like this came right "out of the blue".

The Music:

Another thing people are losing TOTAL perspective on is the fact that although we haven't heard any new music for 4 years now, Eddie & Co. have been actively writing and playing. There are numerous accounts that Eddie has NOT lost his passion to play and record. He is musician for life, and will definately continue. We just have to be patient.

Proof that Eddie's musical interest has remained strong over the past 4 years:

A complete follow-up to VH3 with Cherone was recorded that I would bet is much better than it's predecessor.

Next, 3-4 songs are put on tape with Dave on Vocals. From the info I've heard these songs are incredible hard rocking athems.

The latest news is that Eddie has been jamming with his brother on a daily basis.

In addition Eddie made a statement that it's time to get back to the fun & music. This statement has been backed up by Mike & even Kevin Dugan (Mike's Bass Tech.

The reason that things haved "seemed" to fall apart for Van Halen is simply the fact that so much time has come and gone since 1998. BUT, if you analysis the events they DON'T show that VH is throwing in the towel (as SO MANY people here suggest and wine about every fuckin day).

Look at what's happened:

1998-1999, VH3 tour ends, band heads back into the studio and records an entire Van Halen album. People wake up, there has been an entire VH record recorded...we just aren't allowed to hear it...etc etc

next, a delay happens, because Warner Bros wants a change back to Dave. They want Cherone out and Dave in...so money can be made. This wasn't Eddie's fault, he was pressured.

next, we go through a long delay because of LAWYERS negotiating rights, payments...etc, etc. Again not Eddie's fault!

To top it all off, during these negotiations, the guy is unlucky enough to get CANCER. Again, not Eddie's fault.

I just think over the last few years it has become fashionable to bash Eddie, when nobody has a real solid case to do so.

Give the guy a break people, be patient, and I'm 100% sure we will all hear some incredible Van Halen music in the next while. In my opinion, I bet in the next 10 years, Eddie will continue (because music is his passion) and we will get 4 Van Halen records.

Over & Out

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks subway. Good points; I agree. I hope you're right.

[ July 09, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Joe5150 ]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.06.05 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dunno about the 10 years statement, with Hagar
    its was about every 3 yrs.
    With dave it was every 2, dude i cant agree
    as well i am anticipating something music-wise
    hopefully sooner than we all think.
    C'mon Ed make a decision dude..
    RB&W reincarnated Brother!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great thread subway :thumbup:!
    "The day will come when it will sound better, but it will still be digital. To me, it just isn't musical. And when it comes to music, I'm the Unabomber of digital technology. I hate it." -Eddie Van Halen

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope this doesn't come off as sounding malicious, but the fact that EVH ended up with cancer (not to mention a deteriorated hip) IS his fault.

I'm a smoker, and if my doctor told me I had mouth or lung cancer, I'd have nobody to blame but myself. It's fucked up, but THAT'S the risk you take.

Life is all about the choices you make.
    Fast Eddie

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do believe that the band is not over. I don't know how much I care anymore, especially since Eddie can't seem to get along with anyone anymore. But I don't think it's over. Eddie's whole life is music. It's impossible to give up. Ask a golfer to give up golfing. Good luck.

Also, people are treating this as if this is suddenly the end of the band. No way. According to the official reports, Val and Ed split up in October 2001. Ed made a very public statement only a couple months back that he is cancer free and it's time to "get back to the music." Well, that was long after the separation. NOTHING has actually changed with this announcement.

Yeah, I hope they're back. But I hope they do it right. The day I hear an announcement that VH are playing a club in Toronto is the day I feel real shame for them. And all because they just couldn't get along with any of their singers.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One more thing: this all makes sense. Ed's life has obviously been a wreck the last few years. With marriage problems and cancer, would you jump right back into your band without fixing these things? Obviously Ed had a lot on his plate, and he probably made a pact to fix things with Val (or watch it end) before he would continue. The marriage is over, thus, Ed makes an announcement that it's time to get back to the music. I guess with cancer gone and nothing more to do for the marriage, Ed's conscience is clear to continue his career. It makes sense.

Oh well. I'm not happy with some of his musical decisions, but his personal life is his. I'm glad he's vowed to return. Don't forget that, people. And don't forget that divorce and cancer can kind of fuck everything else up for you.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nice post subway - and some fine points added by Rikk. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I feel the same way - I think Ed is far from done. We just have to weather the period during which his priorites take...well...priority.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

house payments, lawyers, child support, spousal support...i smell a tour coming soon...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    house payments, lawyers, child support, spousal support...i smell a tour coming soon...
    show me the way [img]tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, he has had a lot on his proverbial plate, but I think the way he deals with the fans is lacking. I know it ain't our business, but it would be good to know SOMETHING. As far as the band goes, it is a good idea to keep in touch with the fans no matter what. Eddie could have avoided this kind of backlash years ago. True, some still wouldn't be happy, but when is everybody always happy with what you or I do in life??
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by subway:
    Please, hear me out:

I think it's funny how everybody around here is an expert regarding the life of another person where there is no way they know all the details.

The Divorce:

Eddie could of been having problems with Valerie for years and in actual fact the Separation could be a good thing for Eddie & Valerie. It's not like this came right "out of the blue".

The Music:

Another thing people are losing TOTAL perspective on is the fact that although we haven't heard any new music for 4 years now, Eddie & Co. have been actively writing and playing. There are numerous accounts that Eddie has NOT lost his passion to play and record. He is musician for life, and will definately continue. We just have to be patient.

Proof that Eddie's musical interest has remained strong over the past 4 years:

A complete follow-up to VH3 with Cherone was recorded that I would bet is much better than it's predecessor.

Next, 3-4 songs are put on tape with Dave on Vocals. From the info I've heard these songs are incredible hard rocking athems.

The latest news is that Eddie has been jamming with his brother on a daily basis.

In addition Eddie made a statement that it's time to get back to the fun & music. This statement has been backed up by Mike & even Kevin Dugan (Mike's Bass Tech.

The reason that things haved "seemed" to fall apart for Van Halen is simply the fact that so much time has come and gone since 1998. BUT, if you analysis the events they DON'T show that VH is throwing in the towel (as SO MANY people here suggest and wine about every fuckin day).

Look at what's happened:

1998-1999, VH3 tour ends, band heads back into the studio and records an entire Van Halen album. People wake up, there has been an entire VH record recorded...we just aren't allowed to hear it...etc etc

next, a delay happens, because Warner Bros wants a change back to Dave. They want Cherone out and Dave in...so money can be made. This wasn't Eddie's fault, he was pressured.

next, we go through a long delay because of LAWYERS negotiating rights, payments...etc, etc. Again not Eddie's fault!

To top it all off, during these negotiations, the guy is unlucky enough to get CANCER. Again, not Eddie's fault.

I just think over the last few years it has become fashionable to bash Eddie, when nobody has a real solid case to do so.

Give the guy a break people, be patient, and I'm 100% sure we will all hear some incredible Van Halen music in the next while. In my opinion, I bet in the next 10 years, Eddie will continue (because music is his passion) and we will get 4 Van Halen records.

Over & Out
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] I sincerely believe that in 2003 we will definately have a new album. With what MA said on the Mark and Brian show and Eddies measage about getting back to the music and fun it sounds like there ready this time. A MOST EXCELLENT POST SUBWAY! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ July 09, 2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Bill.S.Preston Esquire ]
    BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER AND PARTY ON DUDES!!!

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

If Eddie doesn't clear up his health problems, expect him to be six feet under within ten years. The guy has to learn what is important in life. Smoking is one thing, but he may still be drinking? Kiss this guitar hero goodbye...I'm serious. No jokes. I only want the best for the guy, but he needs to find a way out of his addictions.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by NOaverageJOE:
    If Eddie doesn't clear up his health problems, expect him to be six feet under within ten years. The guy has to learn what is important in life. Smoking is one thing, but he may still be drinking? Kiss this guitar hero goodbye...I'm serious. No jokes. I only want the best for the guy, but he needs to find a way out of his addictions.
    I've been thinking the same exact thing the last year or so. I actually told someone that if he continues the way he's going, I give him about 10 years. Sad, but true. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.27.05 @ 09:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with the last two posts.
    If Ed hasn't started drinking since the separation, he will probably start drinking after the separation. Since Valerie isnt there anymore to make him stop. This would be a VERY BAD THING.
    Ed said in an interview that if he started drinking again, "I'm in trouble".
    I think he's headed for trouble now. Six feet under in ten years? That doesn't sound too crazy to me.
    Remember the depression he went through around 1981? I think it's coming back BIG TIME.
    This situation is not good.