On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

All albums
    Favorite VH Song

All songs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Go to Redrocker.com and click on the tour part and tab down to the Atlantic City tour date and click on photos 5. On the right handside about 3 pictures down you'll see Sammy with the bass player(Iforget her name) click on the picture and see what he's smoking... that sure is hell ain't no cigarette!! Hope there weren't any kids there that night!! Can you imagine what questions would be asked? "Mom, Dad what was that weird dressed guy doing up on stage??"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

That's Sam for ya.

------------------
    Classic VH. Ain't nothin' like it in the world.

Dirty Faced Kid - not literally

Strange is beautiful.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm aware of the "alleged" status of that chapter 20 of Sammy's book that floats around, but going on the theory that it's true, this quote is quite funny (and hypocritical) in light of that picture.

The Van Halen's unmoving concern for their fans notwithstanding, they cared even less about their public image. Hagar was particularly miffed at the thoughtless way Eddie Van Halen depicted his public
    persona. Though the guitarist had no obligation to assume any type of role model status, he felt the musician should be accountable for his actions on stage when it came to his relentless smoking. It was nothing for Eddie to go through a pack of cigarettes during a two hour show. "How
    many guitar players," challenged Hagar, "put their fucking cigarette in the head of a guitar nowadays, only because they saw Eddie do it? It's probably one of the reasons they started smoking in the first place, so
    they could look and play like Eddie Van Halen. I always used to get on his ass about putting that cigarette in his guitar on the stage. I'd get in his face and say, "Look Eddie, just because you smoke, why do it in
    front of everybody? You've been trying to quit smoking your whole fucking life. Why do you want to stand up there with a cigarette, and let some young kid that idolizes you say, "Well, I've got to have a cigarette
    too!"" In photo sessions, I used to grab cigarettes out of his hand and stomp them out. He used to always stand there with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I know it sounds like I'm burning on Eddie, but I'm not.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

guitarsolos
    Typical Sammy: That's it, that's all...what is understood should not be discussed.
    Let him smoke weed and rock...it's what he has always done.
    FYI: I do not smoke weed nor do I let my family around pot smokers etc... but Sammy can do what he wants. If ya don't like it ...then do not take your kids to see the RED ROCKER

------------------
    Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    -------------------------
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guitarsolos:
    FYI: I do not smoke weed nor do I let my family around pot smokers etc...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's more of us out there than you think

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

03.10.06 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey here's a news flash, rock stars smoke dope! Oh my gosh!!!
    I'm not condoning that, but is this really the first time that someone has smoked one on stage? Plus the fact he had his back to the audience. How do you know he didn't take a couple hits and put down out of sight. He probably didn't but I'm just saying.
    Why in the hell would you bring your kids to a Sammy Hagar concert? If your that worried about Sammy smoking dope onstage, what about all the fans in the audience? What was the last concert you went to where the bathrooms didn't have that smell of weed coming from it. When was the last time you didn't smell it or see someone doing it in your row of seats? Call me old fashion but a rock concert is no place for little kids.
    One other point. Don't blame other people for what your kid does. Sammy was smoking dope and my kid saw that and now he is doing it, so Sammy is to blame. You are the kids parents. Teach them what is right and what's wrong. I saw a lot of bad things when I was growing up but thanks to my parents enstilling some values and a sense of what was right and wrong, I was able to make the right choices.
    It seems like this is just another attempt by the DLR fans to bash Sammy. Because as you all know Diamond Dave is a perfect angel.
    I'm sure Dave would never do anything like that on stage.
    I'm sorry I got off on alittle bit of a rant, but there are certain things that bug me. Anyways, I know I'm gonna get ripped for this so have at it. I brought it on myself. please be gentle, I'm a sensative guy

------------------
    Red Rocker Face Down in Cabo!!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

All albums
    Favorite VH Song

All songs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cabo - I'm not condoning what he does but all I'm saying is that when your in the eyes of the public there's a time and place for that. I've been to tons of concerts and I've never seen any musician do that on stage and in most cases and most towns when you do drugs out in the open you can get fucking busted. Also, just to let you know... I'm not a Dave fan!! I liked VH better with Sammy(not knocking Roth)! When you go to concerts don't you ever see kids there?? I'm not taking about 3-6 yr olds, I'm talking 9-13 with their parents. I do and I'm not talking about NSYNC or Britney either. Hell, when VH tours again, I'm taking my 11 yr old with me to show her what real music and musicianship is all about!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's funny what Glenn quoted....if these truly are Sammy's words....it was hypocritical at the time he said it.
    Kids looking up to Eddie smoking Camels is no different than kids looking up to Sammy smoking "panama red" in Amsterdamn.
    But I think parents are the ones responsible for their kids behavior...not Eddie and Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

03.10.06 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heatmiser- we just have different opionions, that's cool.
    But, you say that you have never heard of anyone doing this type of thing on stage. Well I remember it was either the LRHRN tour or the early part of the Balance tour,there was a story going around. I'm not sure if it was true or not but, someone supposedly had thrown a lit joint up to Eddie on stage and he started smoking it in front of th crowd.
    And yes I've seen kids at a rock concert that were about 8 to 12 and I personally don't think they belong there. Now this is just my opionon and it probably will get people mad. To take a kid that young to go see a band like VH is a waste. It takes away a ticket from someone who has listened to the band for years. Someone who tried to get tickets but they were sold out, because mom and dad want to spend quality time with their kids at a rock concert. They're not going to appreciate the show as much as a lifelong fan. Plus the fact I've sat behind people that bring their kids to these concerts and their kids can't see, so what do they do, they put the kid on their shoulders blocking my view. Plus I've seen a lot of bad stuff go down at concerts. Thing little kids should not see.

But as I said earlier, we have different opinions and thats cool.

------------------
    Red Rocker Face Down in Cabo!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Dave fire one up in Dallas Texas, 1984 Tour....

------------------
    Non Stop Talker...What a Rocker!!!......
    "Barn Burned Down...Now I Can See The Moon"
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo5150:
    It seems like this is just another attempt by the DLR fans to bash Sammy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I'm a huge Sammy fan, but if I see hypocrisy that big, I've got to point it out. If you state that someone smoking a cigarette onstage is a bad influence and then smoke a joint onstage yourself, I'm gonna call you on it, whether you're Sammy or DLR or anyone else.

And speaking of drugs onstage, isn't there a picture in existance of Lou Reed onstage with his arm tied off sticking a syringe into his arm? I swear I remember seeing one at some point.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kari should "SPANK" Sammy!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

All albums
    Favorite VH Song

All songs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cabo - glad we didn't start a "war". Everybody is entitled his/her opinion. Anyway, I do agree with you about bringing the kids to a concert. I'd be stupid if I brought my daughter to a VH concert. I wouldn't really worry about what happens on stage but would worry about the surroundings around me! Glenn - I agree with the hypocritical thing there. Sammy at one point was Mr. Anti-Drug and Mr. Fit and Trim and talked about how drugs did bad things to many people he knew in the music biz and here is a picture that contradicts what he's said in the past. I haven't seen the Lou Reed picture and haven't heard the story about Ed and the joint but I still haven't to this day seen anyone smoking weed onstage... maybe some JD but nothing else.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heatmiser:
    ...I still haven't to this day seen anyone smoking weed onstage... maybe some JD but nothing else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good thing you weren't at Woodstock '94. Remember Cypress Hill? I've never seen more stoned people in one place. The stage set featured a giant hand holding a 10 foot long "smoking" joint, and the lead rapper guy (B real?) had a real one about a foot long that he was carrying around. He was openly encouraging everyone to smoke. There was a complete fog covering the area between the sound board and the stage. I looked around and saw joints, pipes... even big bongs being passed around and smoked. You would have had to leave to NOT get high.

What a great memory that was.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's an intersting one.... at first I thought they were making out, but the title of the picture tells all... "Sammy shotguns David". Bet the crowd noticed THAT!!