Wolfie rules on bass!
    Great Job

Wolfie is righteous!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.14.17 @ 04:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sounds killah

Let's get something straight. I don't care if half of the 13 tracks are from song ideas in the 70's. As Rolling Stone aptly put it, a great song is a great song.

She's the Woman is very good. I've waited all this time and simply hope Down in Flames and Bullethead are in there. That would scream.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Let's get something straight. I don't care if half of the 13 tracks are from song ideas in the 70's. As Rolling Stone aptly put it, a great song is a great song.

She's the Woman is very good. I've waited all this time and simply hope Down in Flames and Bullethead are in there. That would scream.
    I wouldn't be able to give a first listen in my car. I'd crash from rockin' out!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.31.12 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jemhadar View Post
    Awesome...

Wolfie rules on bass!

Yes Wolfgang owned the bass last night! Very impressive
    They all kicked ass last night. I cranked up this song even though its shitty sound quality ...still rockin it!
    Cant wait for the new album. They are so tight right now!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.31.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 144 Times in 100 Posts

The song's really got a cool bass "flow" to it.

Don't even really miss barely hearing the vocals

Interesting to see that Al's set is much more compact than his usual "big balls"-set-up.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 563 Times in 305 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sek View Post
    The song's really got a cool bass "flow" to it.

Don't even really miss barely hearing the vocals

Interesting to see that Al's set is much more compact than his usual "big balls"-set-up.
    Likely because of the venue. I look for him to have the usual massive kit on tour.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post

I agree.... someone complained last night because its on a bootleg already... WTF, most of us have dreamed for 20 years those bootlegs would get on a real recording and be played live.

More proof you can never make more than 50% of VH ans happy at one moment in time
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 367 Times in 134 Posts

Makes me wonder if them playing this was a tip of the hat to the small, intimate, club days, or if this is on the new album.

Also, any confirmation that "Tattoo" is an original, or a cover of the Who?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

I am going to somewhat repeat myself from what I said in another thread but think about a "new" album this way.

Eddie doesn't write songs the way he used to after 1984. It culminated with VH3 and we know the BOBW tracks were combined from snippets that Sammy heard off of tapes. So if Eddie decides to write from scratch with Dave, it will be like Dave singing over VH3. Not the follow up to 1984 that people would want.

So maybe they are looking at this like its 1986 with Dave in the studio. The band has always used old demos or major sections on their new albums. Romeo Delight, Fools, Mean Street, Hang Em High and House of Pain all resurfaced many years after their mid 70's demos. Well in 1986 I am sure they would have done the same thing.

We almost have to think of this album as the album after 84 instead of the album after VH3.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

I'm happy to see them all playing well and happy to see that Wolfie is doing such a good job. Of coarse most of us miss Mike for good reason but it is what it is and Mike seems to be happy with CF. I'm just glad to see Mike doing so well too.

That being said I still don't understand why VH would'nt have put up a proper WORKING live feed with good audio from the sound board. It's not like the old days with recording stuff. Everybody has a cell phone that records and you know damn well most or all of it was gonna be youtubed. If that is the case(which it will be from now on) I would think they would rather just get it out there with the best sound/audio qaulity possible. Instead fans are listening to a crappy recording that don't even display vocals. I'm happy to have anything don't get me wrong, I'm just thinking for the bands sake. Then again everything they seem to do is a little odd. If you read this Wolfie, great job!
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Tie: Fair Warning & F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Oh man, I am crossing my fingers that the band included this song on the new album. It's an awesome song, and I practically dislocate my head every time I hear it!
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.22.15 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Just thinking out loud for our attorneys in the crowd - wonder what the writing credits will look like for She's the Woman..... Does a re-boot from a demo that assuredly had Mike's input back in the day require mention of him as contributing writer? Thoughts?

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hate to complain about it... but I will a little anyway.

I thought many of the old demo songs should have been recorded for albums.

Some of them were in different form and the riffs from others became another song entirely. Some of my personal favorites: We Die Bold, Big Troubles, Let's Get Rockin', Eyes of the Night, Bullethead, etc.

But in most cases, I have rough copies and multiple versions of those already. I want to hear what 3/4 of the 'original' lineup can put out in 2012. I want to feel like they collaborated, broke new ground, and put some effort into it.

My fear is that they rehashed a bunch of old demo tracks that they didn't feel good enough about to put on a record, threw in a cover or two, an instrumental, and maybe 1 or 2 new tracks. Anyone that has professed to hearing the new record has said it sounds like the old days... is that because that's basically what it is?

I know I can't speak for everyone but I think most of us were hoping for an album of new songs with maybe one or two of the best unreleased tracks making the cut. I liked Me Wise Magic enough that it made me want to hear what else they could do in 1996.

Maybe playing She's the Woman was a throwback for the diehards in attendance last night but obviously they've rehearsed it. I would bet a majority of the audience on any given night on the tour wouldn't know it was an old song. It's possible that the band is keeping to their modus operandi and not letting the cat out of the bag before they're ready. But I'm preparing for the possibility that they haven't really moved ahead and that "the hands fell off the clock" years ago, and not in a good way.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All, but a VERY few!
    Last Online

11.03.16 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticMan View Post
    Just thinking out loud for our attorneys in the crowd - wonder what the writing credits will look like for She's the Woman..... Does a re-boot from a demo that assuredly had Mike's input back in the day require mention of him as contributing writer? Thoughts?
    I heard Mike signed away any rights when he joined the 2004 tour. This may apply to everything prior to 2004. I figure they thought about this issue before they dug into the archives. Dave didn't get royalties when Sammy sang new music over the 5150 material, right?