Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 2,850 Times in 1,065 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default EVHGear.com / 2012 NAMM

Adam Cornell pointed out on the VHLink's Facebook that the EVH Gear website has been replaced with a splash page that just says "It's Coming."

So...What do you think is coming?

I wouldn't be surprised by a Wolfgang bass, Wolfgang Custom Specials (the LP style), Chris Canella mentioned a grey stealth model, a few new finishes, and ebony being an option on all guitars.

What do you think we'll see/what do you want to see from EVH Gear in 2012?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I'd say a WVH Bass is a definite possibility and it maybe a bass amp and cabs too it makes sense that Fender/Ed expand their customer base within the line. Maybe a few new options for the current Wolfgang guitar line too, new finishes, new woods, the set neck LP style and maybe even a singlecoil option. It all makes sense if they want a good chunk of the market.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

heck who knows,
    maybe we will see a killswitch option on the guitars moving forward. That would be cool.

Rob

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 11:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Adam Cornell pointed out on the VHLink's Facebook that the EVH Gear website has been replaced with a splash page that just says "It's Coming."

So...What do you think is coming?

I wouldn't be surprised by a Wolfgang bass, Wolfgang Custom Specials (the LP style), Chris Canella mentioned a grey stealth model, a few new finishes, and ebony being an option on all guitars.

What do you think we'll see/what do you want to see from EVH Gear in 2012?
    Just got my new Guitar World yesterday and there is an EVH ad in the back. Shows a pic of a hardtail USA Stealth Gray. Nothing more than a "primer gray" version of the black stealth. Was hoping for a "rubbed nickel" hardware finish. No such luck.

Heading to NAMM for the first time in years. Looking forward to it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Any pics of the gray Stealth to post???

I am kind of disappointed hearing about that guitar. With all the crazy finishes that companies like Schaller have available, it would've been cool for Ed to do something different like using the Satin Pearl or Nickel finishes. I still think the original Stealth should have Ruthenium hardware... I guess one can dream...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 18 Posts

I'd love to see a Strat style guitar painted up with stripes, like the Charvels a few years ago.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 238 Times in 60 Posts

it's probably a wolfy bass. At the cafe wha? shows, Wolfgang is playing a wolfy striped bass.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.18.15 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

It's probably a combination of things;
    1) Wolfgang Bass & bass amp
    2) EVH Grey Stealth
    3) New Finish/wood options on Specials and Standards
    4) Hopefully special version of the EVH customs

I think all of these have been hinted at over the past year or so - outside of #4

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 18 Posts

this got me a little excited

8:40 looks like ed's doing the hand striped guitars and them auctioning them off afterwards again. Hopefully that translates into a new model for the EVH line. factory striped naturally to keep cost down.

Last Online

07.20.15 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think ed's gonna come out with a pedal switcher something like the voodoo pedal switcher. n probably a evh bass guitar that wolfie was playing...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

01.22.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think they will be pushing the flame tops - quilt becomes a custom option?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 1,605 Times in 742 Posts

Premium Member

Apparently, the bonus DVD thats coming with the new CD features 4 acoustic tracks performed live... So, my guess is there is an EVH Acoustic coming.... Cool.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

Maybe EVH gear will come out with the red killswitch?

My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeane View Post
    Maybe EVH gear will come out with the red killswitch?

Lol!...Red will be a custom shop option at extra cost. The standard killswitch will only be available in black

Thats a great shot of Ed, he kinda reminds me of Rory Gallagher nowadays, Give him a beat up Strat and a plaid shirt and they could be twins!..lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.15.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

The easiest and most obvious choice would be some new finishes! I always thought the EBMM EVH's and Peavey Wolfgangs had great colors, and some out of the norm CS Wolfgang colors are simply beautiful! T-Purple, T-Pink, Blue, Green, T-Black, Natural, and Striped would be great. Most guys hate a pink finish, but not on an EVH and not because they are rare, but because they look wicked! But the guitar definitely needs more color options, and some new ones that were never used before would also be cool.

Outside of that the guy is always tinkering and you can never guess what he may pop up with. Something like a sustainer or Piezo would not shock me.From what I have been reading it sounds like Ed has really gotten into Ebony Fretboards, so more neck options would also be a plus. I don't know how many guys own a Roasted Maple neck but besides looking wicked they play like silk.

The cool thing about Ed's design work, is that there are no rules!