Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Top Of The World Halenizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.22.01
    Location
    Simpsonville SC
    Posts
    202
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    07.08.15 @ 12:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

    Default Wolfgang's new EVH bass

    i saw one of the new pics and noticed that Wolfgang (Wolfie) is now playing a new EVH bass. Look at the body shape and headstock...they are just like the EVH wolfgang...not like the 2 Fender Jazz Frankenstein's he played last year..... I now wonder if EVH is going to introduce a new bass line of basses and amps....I also noticed the bass cabs are new on the stage behind Ed in this same pic



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us





    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Halenizer; 01.04.12 at 02:06 AM.
    "Who would ever believe a little dutch boy could create such a ruccous"

    - Eddie Van Halen


    Check out my band "Modern Relic" on youtube and Facebook

  2. #2
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    09.06.10
    Posts
    5
    Last Online

    11.07.12 @ 07:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Besides the cabs... in the clip it also looks like Ed is standing on the right side of the stage (audience POV) instead of his usual left side location. It came to my attention because Wolfgang is on the left side each time he's in picture.

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! johnnybeane's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.09
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    3,229
    Favorite VH Album

    Woman and children first
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Likes
    358
    Liked 600 Times in 391 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Besides the cabs... in the clip it also looks like Ed is standing on the right side of the stage (audience POV) instead of his usual left side location. It came to my attention because Wolfgang is on the left side each time he's in picture.
    That's just in the video. Look at the amps, Eddie's side is still the same.

    Wolf's bass.
    Last edited by johnnybeane; 01.04.12 at 03:19 AM.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

    With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

    NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

    My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

    "Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.14.01
    Posts
    296
    Last Online

    07.11.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    *Sigh*

    I know that without Wolf there would be no VH anymore but he still looks like a competition winner in these clips.

    Complete misfit.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,899
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Likes
    3,508
    Liked 18,147 Times in 8,966 Posts

    Default

    Wolf is the offensive lineman of Van Halen.

    Don't make any mistakes and no one will talk about you, and that is a good thing.

    I think he knows his role, go out, play your part and stay out of the way.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I will puke if they do come out with a signature bass with Wolf's name on it... I will continue into dry heaves if they interview them and Ed talks about how great Wolf is and took part in the design and engineering of the bass also.

    Then again, I would expect nothing less from the Van Halen's... Hawking product like Snake Oil salesmen...

    "...the reason why Wolf is having Fender build his signature bass is because they get it... The people at Fender are my brothers and soulmates..."
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

  7. #7
    On Fire icy sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.10.03
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    421
    Last Online

    02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    I will puke if they do come out with a signature bass with Wolf's name on it... I will continue into dry heaves if they interview them and Ed talks about how great Wolf is and took part in the design and engineering of the bass also.

    Then again, I would expect nothing less from the Van Halen's... Hawking product like Snake Oil salesmen...

    "...the reason why Wolf is having Fender build his signature bass is because they get it... The people at Fender are my brothers and soulmates..."
    Something tells me you're going to be needing this:


  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Besides the cabs... in the clip it also looks like Ed is standing on the right side of the stage (audience POV) instead of his usual left side location. It came to my attention because Wolfgang is on the left side each time he's in picture.
    Yeah, but his amps are still on the left, so it could have just been at this venue, and where he for whatever reason heard stuff best through the monitors for rehearsals. Some small venues can do weird things acoustically too, so I wouldn't be surprised it's an isolated thing.
    There was this little place I used to play at called The Flying Club, and it had this one wall on the right of the stage that jutted out on an angle, and I always got this weird reflection thing with my sound between my amp and the P.A., so I actually had my amp sideways on the opposite side so I could hear thing properly.
    Could be something simple like that, plus I don't know if Ed's hearing is what it used to be. Not a dig...Just a fact after decades of playing at the volumes they do.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icy sky View Post
    Something tells me you're going to be needing this:

    I've already got it ready next to me just to be fully prepared for the typical EVH gear speeches...

    NAMM is coming up so I may have to buy a family sized barf bag or at least have a few more normal sized ones handy...

    Knowing my luck, I'll run out because not only will they have a Wolfbass, but there will probably be the Wolfamp to go with it...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

  10. #10
    Top Of The World Halenizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.22.01
    Location
    Simpsonville SC
    Posts
    202
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    07.08.15 @ 12:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Yeah, but his amps are still on the left, so it could have just been at this venue, and where he for whatever reason heard stuff best through the monitors for rehearsals. Some small venues can do weird things acoustically too, so I wouldn't be surprised it's an isolated thing.
    There was this little place I used to play at called The Flying Club, and it had this one wall on the right of the stage that jutted out on an angle, and I always got this weird reflection thing with my sound between my amp and the P.A., so I actually had my amp sideways on the opposite side so I could hear thing properly.
    Could be something simple like that, plus I don't know if Ed's hearing is what it used to be. Not a dig...Just a fact after decades of playing at the volumes they do.
    i think he is just standing on that side for the video...probably under the direction of the video guru...Ed is sporting his new 50 watt heads and 2 X 12 cabs on his side...the otherside is bass cab...similar to Ampeg 8 X10 cabs
    "Who would ever believe a little dutch boy could create such a ruccous"

    - Eddie Van Halen


    Check out my band "Modern Relic" on youtube and Facebook

  11. #11
    On Fire icy sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.10.03
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    421
    Last Online

    02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    I've already got it ready next to me just to be fully prepared for the typical EVH gear speeches...

    NAMM is coming up so I may have to buy a family sized barf bag or at least have a few more normal sized ones handy...

    Knowing my luck, I'll run out because not only will they have a Wolfbass, but there will probably be the Wolfamp to go with it...

  12. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,710
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    What's the control knob on that stealth guitar down by the bottom horn? I see the pick-up selector and the volume and tone knobs in their usual location, but what about the other knob? Anyone? Bueller?
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

  13. #13
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.09.00
    Age
    46
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    1,010
    Favorite VH Album

    A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    What's the control knob on that stealth guitar down by the bottom horn? I see the pick-up selector and the volume and tone knobs in their usual location, but what about the other knob? Anyone? Bueller?
    Maybe a killswitch?
    Staying Frosty

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Knowing Ed and Fender, it'll end up being a $700 option for the extra knob on top of the $3K for the already overpriced guitar...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    What's the control knob on that stealth guitar down by the bottom horn? I see the pick-up selector and the volume and tone knobs in their usual location, but what about the other knob? Anyone? Bueller?
    Most of us are guessing it's a kill switch. I'm assuming it's to approximate the sound he got by flipping the switch rapidly during YRGM on his old Destroyer, or like if you have the neck pickup turned down to zero, but it's yet to be seen. I also thought it could be a bypass of some sort. Guess we'll see.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Wolfgang's Instagram
    By Jape Man in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 03.12.15, 08:06 AM
  2. Wolfgang's Vault
    By voivod in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10.12.07, 07:53 AM
  3. Wolfgang's Bass Amps??
    By Hammer Guy in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09.22.07, 02:58 PM
  4. Wolfgang's Performance...
    By LeftyVanHalen in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09.20.07, 09:55 PM
  5. wolfgang's......why the notch in the headstock?
    By Mark Van Halen in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.23.00, 09:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •