Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Default If the Trailer is of an old demo'd Song...

OK.... In recent months over the course of the new albums recording and mixing, there were reports or rumors that some if not all the songs on the new album are in fact from old stuff that ended up on bootlegs and such.
    So anyone out there trying to look at the new trailer (with the sound down) trying to figure out what it might be by the beat or what they might be singing? For some reason I kinda felt this might be a rework of No More Waiting, but it's just what I was thinking last night by the timing of Al's playing, and what looks to be like the chorus of the tune.
    I know....Kinda goofy, but if this is in fact a rework of a boot, what song do you guys guess it might be?....Or hope it might be?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Impossible to tell really, much of the promo video is backwards (watch Al's drumsticks and the glitter).
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

I think too much is being made from the possibility that a lot of the material on the new CD is reworked riffs and ideas from the past. The fact is, that all the CDs the band has released featured old ideas that were revisited. It's no big deal - bands have been doing this for ages.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As other people have said, looks like the name of the song might be "Tattoo", but who knows.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jape Man View Post
    I think too much is being made from the possibility that a lot of the material on the new CD is reworked riffs and ideas from the past. The fact is, that all the CDs the band has released featured old ideas that were revisited. It's no big deal - bands have been doing this for ages.
    Yeah, way too much has been made of this likely because of Sammy's comments. Van Halen albums have historically been mixture of old riffs, demos, cover songs and songs written in the studio. NO?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Jape Man View Post
    Haha! I know, but I guess my eagerness comes from many of those demos had some real solid stuff on em' that I'm convinced they would have done with Roth on an album had things not turned sour.
    I know it's pretty much impossible to tell, but it was just more out of fun that I posed the question.
    I'd love to hear them do She's the Woman on the new album personally among many others, but I'd love to hear some real current stuff too.
    The video did appear to be a throwback to early 80's style, like Tommy said with the glitter on the drum.....lol. I actually thought that was a bit of a que to the old days, which made me think this could well be one of those demos finally put to CD.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Haha! I know, but I guess my eagerness comes from many of those demos had some real solid stuff on em' that I'm convinced they would have done with Roth on an album had things not turned sour.
    I know it's pretty much impossible to tell, but it was just more out of fun that I posed the question.
    I'd love to hear them do She's the Woman on the new album personally among many others, but I'd love to hear some real current stuff too.
    The video did appear to be a throwback to early 80's style, like Tommy said with the glitter on the drum.....lol. I actually thought that was a bit of a que to the old days, which made me think this could well be one of those demos finally put to CD.
    In a faraway land, the new cd would have 2 editions. Regular and "Special" with 1 disc of newly recorded old demos and 1 disc of brand new stuff.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    In a faraway land, the new cd would have 2 editions. Regular and "Special" with 1 disc of newly recorded old demos and 1 disc of brand new stuff.
    Haha! Yeah! Now you're talkin'!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Haha! Yeah! Now you're talkin'!
    Hey it's only the kind of thing that every other VH peer is doing. It would be 2 sweet. There would still be arguments though. "I wanted 79th and Sunset on there dammit!!!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

I really don't care if it's riffs that Eddie created in 1985 or 2011. Either way, it will be something I've never heard.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

Mark Twain

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.24.15 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I turned the sound down on the video and was playing "Let's Get Rockin" from "VH Zero Demos" over the video. It's funny how some shots just coincidentally sync up with the music. Thought about re-editing the new video clips to the song so it felt more like a completed video with new music. Just don't have the time.
    "The sunglasses ask his permission to be worn every night, that's how badass Al is.." - sinner's swing

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Perhaps I've been living under a rock for the past few days, I'm not quite sure. BUT- VH only announced a tour? Did I miss the promise of a new album? I know it's been rumored all year, but did VH actually release anything about a new album yet?

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

They have a photo of what appears to be the album cover. There is a new album - it's just a matter of when it's coming out. It sounds like it'll be out in Feb.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:33 AM
    Liked 2,074 Times in 672 Posts

A new CD is coming for sure.

Ross Hogarth has said it, over the past year and as soon as a day ago.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:45 AM
    Liked 1,204 Times in 532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    A new CD is coming for sure.

Ross Hogarth has said it, over the past year and as soon as a day ago.
    Its Been confirmed. Feb .7 usa Feb. 8 Japan . Japan has a DVD 2 disc edition

SENT BY MY =VH= WALKIE -TALKIE ®
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED