Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default awarded $10 million for a Segway accident while riding blindfolded

    BRIDGEPORT, Conn.A Connecticut jury has awarded $10 million to a 23-year-old man who suffered a brain injury in a Segway accident.

    The jury on Wednesday determined that New Hampshire-based Segway Inc. and two employees were responsible for John Ezzo's injuries in the accident, which happened at a company demonstration of its two-wheeled vehicle at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven in September 2009.

    Ezzo's lawyer, Robert Adelman, says his client was riding the Segway blindfolded and without a helmet through an obstacle course set up by company workers when he fell off and injured his head.

    Adelman says Ezzo had to drop out of the university because of the injury and is now a handyman.

    Lawyers for Segway didn't immediately comment on the verdict.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    BRIDGEPORT, Conn.A Connecticut jury has awarded $10 million to a 23-year-old man who suffered a brain injury in a Segway accident.

    The jury on Wednesday determined that New Hampshire-based Segway Inc. and two employees were responsible for John Ezzo's injuries in the accident, which happened at a company demonstration of its two-wheeled vehicle at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven in September 2009.

    Ezzo's lawyer, Robert Adelman, says his client was riding the Segway blindfolded and without a helmet through an obstacle course set up by company workers when he fell off and injured his head.

    Adelman says Ezzo had to drop out of the university because of the injury and is now a handyman.

    Lawyers for Segway didn't immediately comment on the verdic
    t.
    He dropped out of college, has a head injury, and being a handyman is a bad thing? Handymen are smart guys and know a lot about a lot. I don't know what this dickwad lawyer is looking down his nose at.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    He dropped out of college, has a head injury, and being a handyman is a bad thing? Handymen are smart guys and know a lot about a lot. I don't know what this dickwad lawyer is looking down his nose at.
    With all respect to handy men, his dickwad lawyer got him $10 mil.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    With all respect to handy men, his dickwad lawyer got him $10 mil.
    2 million after taxes and his laywer's cut...

    he'll be broke again within 9 years...

    but will have many stories to tell about it thereafter... LOL
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium Ted Van Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    All up in there
    Posts
    4,383
    Favorite VH Album

    Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

    How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:41 AM
    Likes
    2,306
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    2 million after taxes and his laywer's cut...

    he'll be broke again within 9 years...

    but will have many stories to tell about it thereafter... LOL
    You think it'll take 9 years? The dude was riding a segway blindfolded. I give it 3 years tops & he's poor as Job's turkey.


    TVH
    -TVH-


    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine


    What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison


    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    You think it'll take 9 years? The dude was riding a segway blindfolded. I give it 3 years tops & he's poor as Job's turkey.


    TVH
    LMAO - I originally was going to post 13... Then dropped it by 4...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  7. #7
    Wear the fox hat... Filthy 150's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.03
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    4,121
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Likes
    31
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Lawyers for Segway didn't immediately comment on the verdict.
    Bullshit!

    I guarantee they commented on this...alot...loudly...just not on record.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------


    "As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------


    "I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------


    VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Segway company owner dies in apparent Segway accident
    By LLFHS in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10.03.10, 10:44 PM
  2. I'm riding on Vox's Night Train!
    By LeftyVanHalen in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04.27.09, 08:33 AM
  3. Segway Inventor Touts Island as Energy Model
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.24.08, 09:11 AM
  4. Nurse Awarded $7M After Being Jailed for Saving Cop
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06.16.08, 12:19 PM
  5. alot riding on this new album
    By mg in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01.16.01, 06:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •