Register
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In Simple Ryhme & Take Me Back
    Last Online

10.20.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

I think this would be cool for VH to do...

I remember "time was" that you were interested in a band and wanted new music. The only way to find out when new music was coming was from a local record store or by hearing it on the radio. We couldn't search the internet or speculate rumors via a kick ass website like this.

VH isn't saying anything. I log on here 3 - 4 times a day for news/info...still nothing. It's frustrating, but at the same time, I wonder how different it really was from back when earlier VH records came out. Sure there were interviews in magazines, if you read them, or maybe a DJ on a LOCAL radio station may make mention of an upcoming release after they played a song. But overall - nothing....just wait and see.

Anyways, here is my point. I think it would be really cool to be shocked and surprised one day just driving in my car and for the DJ to say "here is the latest release from Van Halen".

I'm still going to check this site, vhnd, and melodicrock everyday (maybe multiple times) for updates, but a SURPRISE VH SINGLE showing up on the radio with no warning would be awesome. Kinda like when you came downstairs on Christmas Morning and got a gift that you didn't expect but truly wanted. Or another analogy would be if you did not find out the sex of your child or knew the birth arrival date. You know it's coming soon and don't know what to expect. What a phenomenal moment when you are surprised by whether it's a boy or girl and thier birthdate. Definitely a bit far fetched to compare a birth with a VH record - but hopefully the idea of surprise came through.
    Later.

Pal

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:37 AM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I remember that is what happened when Human's Being came out. I was just like "What the? Is this VH?"
    Right here I say....

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Ya I remember those days too. Great days indeed. I remember having to listen to the radio to hear a brand new single and the anticipation and buildup from the station in the weeks preceding the actual release date. I also used to listen to radio to get all my rock news, and they would have awesome shows and reports revolving around recent rock developments and goings on. They also had these great late night radio shows, 1 hour long, on like specific albums, how they were recorded and written etc with some good interviews...like real journalism. Sunday night was comedy night and you could tune in to George Carlin spots or Richard Prior. It was awesome sitting in my room late at night listening to the radio with my big headphones on, spinning some vinyl in the wee hours.

I remember going down to the record store to get the vinyl, what an experience that was to get your hands on it and open it, with all the liner notes and pics inside. It was so much fun to be into music then, and rock bands were all very active, and rock music actually had social relevance.

I rarely listen to the radio anymore. The local classic rock station seems to play the same 100 tunes over and over, there's little original programming, and their "news" seems to be nothing more than some guy repeating what he heard on an internet forum. I listen to a few minutes of sports radio to get some updates and then the radio gets switched off. I can't even remember the last time I listened to my rock radio station. I don't venture into a music store much either. Cds are just no fun and I'm not really into new music at all. I love change and progress but sometimes it's not for the better, this would be one instance for sure. Youtube is pretty cool though for getting lots of cool old footage.

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

01.28.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    I remember that is what happened when Human's Being came out. I was just like "What the? Is this VH?"
    Me too! I thought, that guitar HAS to be Ed, and of course as soon as Al's drums came in, that sealed the deal. Now it seems everyone has become spoiled by, twitter, facebook, and wanting to know the daily goings-on within the band. I liked the mystery of discovering new music back in the good ol days.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

That kind of stuff used to happen to me a lot back in the day....I found out about "Fair Warning" by seeing it by chance at the record store....I found out about "F.U.C.K." by seeing it as number one on the Billboard chart rating in a Rolling Stone mag...I found out about LRHRN, by hearing "Won't Get Fooled Again" on the radio....Found out about "Balance" by complete chance of having the radio on in the car as the station was premiering "Don't Tell Me" for the first time....and yes, it always got me excited.
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:23 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Yeah, those were the days... we sound like a bunch of grandpas sitting in rocking chairs here! When I was in high school I used to keep my clock radio tuned to 94 WYSP in Philly. I still recall hearing the opening of And The Cradle Will Rock for the first time one morning right after the clock radio turned on. Knew it was Ed right away. I first heard Black Sabbath Lady Evil that same way, when my clock radio went off. Of course there was bad news as well received by radio. One morning I recall waking up hearing Imagine and they were playing a medley of John Lennon, and you know what had happened the night before. I was also a huge Beatles fan back then and that news was like a punch in the gut. Any chance of a Beatles reunion (which was probably never going to happen anyway) died right there. Even kids who knew nothing about the Beatles were talking about it at the bus stop. Shit, that was already 31 years ago!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

I'll never forget unwrapping Diamond Dave and gently placing it in my JVC Kaboombox. I turned the volume up and quickly turned it back down again.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 39 Times in 15 Posts

I stumbled upon me wise magic on the radio one day similar to what you guys are speaking of.

And a Kaboom box reference? Damn

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"
    -DLR
    http://twitter.com/#!/slappy33