Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Jake E Lee 2011

Jake E Lee returns! Jake comes in a around 2:13 and plays the solo.

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

Beggars & Thieves album is killer. Classic, but really current.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 1,887 Times in 1,104 Posts

holy crap!

just Sunday I was listening to a new rock station in my area nad they played Lightning Strikes and I said to myself "I wonder whatever happened to Jake E Lee" and now this pops up. Thats crazy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    holy crap!

just Sunday I was listening to a new rock station in my area nad they played Lightning Strikes and I said to myself "I wonder whatever happened to Jake E Lee" and now this pops up. Thats crazy.
    Lightning Strikes is a cool tune. I heard it last weekend on satellite radio. I like Killer Of Giants from that album along with, obviously, Shot In The Dark. Jake E. Lee is a great guitarist. Good to hear him again.

Now we have to see a post with new work from Vito Bratta. I miss his playing too. From what you read it doesn't seem like Vito wants to even pick up a guitar which sucks.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EAS View Post
    Lightning Strikes is a cool tune. I heard it last weekend on satellite radio. I like Killer Of Giants from that album along with, obviously, Shot In The Dark. Jake E. Lee is a great guitarist. Good to hear him again.

Now we have to see a post with new work from Vito Bratta. I miss his playing too. From what you read it doesn't seem like Vito wants to even pick up a guitar which sucks.
    from what I understand Vito hurt himself playing some classical music a few years ago and still can't play as well as he would like, something is screwy with the tendons on his left hand (I think) and he is only rehabed enough to play a nylon stringed acoustic guitar. It's really to bad cause Vito is IMHO the 2nd best "hair band" guitar player to come out of that era (reb beach from winger is #1 for me then in no particular order: john sykes, warren demartini and Nunu Bettencourt).

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

the video has been removed

damn I couldn't see it, I read Blas Elias does a cameo also right?

by the way, it's a shame Jakey was out of the radar for so long, great guitarist.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 1,976 Times in 1,370 Posts

Hey back to JAKE E LEE.

I heard he is playing locally again here in Northern California. A friend sent me a message that he is in Petaluma, CA tonight. Not sure if it is actually true though, don't see much confirmation online.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    from what I understand Vito hurt himself playing some classical music a few years ago and still can't play as well as he would like, something is screwy with the tendons on his left hand (I think) and he is only rehabed enough to play a nylon stringed acoustic guitar. It's really to bad cause Vito is IMHO the 2nd best "hair band" guitar player to come out of that era (reb beach from winger is #1 for me then in no particular order: john sykes, warren demartini and Nunu Bettencourt).
    John Sykes is now working with Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater. They were on That Metal Show and talked about it. Should be cool.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Default RED DRAGON CARTEL

Jake E Lee's new band RED DRAGON CARTEL - New Album Out Today

Here is a review from Stereoboard.

http://stereoboard.com/content/view/183728/9

Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel (Album Review) Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel (Album Review)

Monday, 27 January 2014 Written by Simon Ramsay

Following his sizzling tenure as Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist in the 1980s, Jake E Lee went on to form lauded blues rockers Badlands before largely vanishing from the musical landscape. After nearly two decades in semi-retirement, he's finally re-emerged with Red Dragon Cartel, who draw upon contemporary and classic metal influences with enjoyable, albeit inconsistent, results.

It was Lee’s old pal Ronnie Mancuso who coaxed him out of hiding and, in cahoots with producer Kevin Churkho, set the scene for Red Dragon Cartel. With Mancuso handling bass duties, vocalist DJ Smith and drummer Jonas Fairley were recruited through Lee's Facebook page.

Billed as a band effort rather than a Lee vehicle, the album’s rotating cast of vocalists undermines that intent to a degree. Smith appears on five tracks, with guest singers handling the other four, compromising the stylistic cohesion of the album and preventing the band from asserting its own identity. That said, the first three songs are magnificent.

Deceived's vintage metal intro is a scorching nod to Ozzy's Bark At The Moon and its thunderous chorus a plutonium-laced punch to the cranium, although Smith's vocals are an acquired taste and can at times lack their own character. His shouted verses recall former Rainbow frontman Graham Bonnet, with an eerie imitation of Osbourne's semi-slurred higher register during the bridge.

When the material is strong those shortcomings are less noticeable, as proven by Shout It Out, where thudding beats pound towards a mighty hook full of funky rhythmic swagger and stomping fury. The opening trio is completed by Feeder, with Cheap Trick's Robin Zander giving his Beatles-esque vocals a bilious workout as Lee dispatches waves of bluesy licks and mystical passages with mesmerising fluency.

Unfortunately that quality isn't sustained, and while there's nothing bad about the remaining songs – many of which are pretty good - it's only on Redeem Me, featuring the ballsy roar of Sass Jordan, that they scale similar heights. Inbetween, an uneasy mixture of singers and styles brings a patchwork quilt feel to proceedings.

Former Iron Maiden snarler Paul Di'Anno adds his punky rasp to Wasted, and although suitably savage, it immediately feels like a different band. Likewise Big Mouth, with In This Moment's Maria Brink delightfully dragging Joan Jett's I Love Rock And Roll through a satanic filter.

The spectre of Lee's former employer looms large on the psychedelic metal of War Machine, nicking both the opening to Black Sabbath's War Pigs and the riff from Loner. Those familiar with the latter will almost expect to hear Ozzy's opening line as the verse kicks in.

In spite of the flaws, Lee is wonderful throughout. On Fall From The Sky (Seagull) his soloing is spectacular, lighting up a dreamy tune with unorthodox note selection and a seamless flow, while Slave's merciless riff frantically fizzes around like a bumblebee overdosed on caffeine.

Churkho's mixing and mastering also adds sizeable sonic oomph, giving Lee's classic metal sensibilities a contemporary backbone by accentuating the drums and bass in a way that recalls White Zombie's body-shaking heavy grooves. Faults aside, there is enough of Lee's old magic here to please the faithful and enough evolution to avoid being an exercise in nostalgia.

www.reddragoncartel.com

www.jakeelee.com
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 01.28.14 at 12:10 AM.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

On Fire
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:37 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Jake E Lee's new band RED DRAGON CARTEL - New Album Out Today

Here is a review from Stereoboard.

http://stereoboard.com/content/view/183728/9

Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel (Album Review) Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel (Album Review)

Monday, 27 January 2014 Written by Simon Ramsay

Following his sizzling tenure as Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist in the 1980s, Jake E Lee went on to form lauded blues rockers Badlands before largely vanishing from the musical landscape. After nearly two decades in semi-retirement, he's finally re-emerged with Red Dragon Cartel, who draw upon contemporary and classic metal influences with enjoyable, albeit inconsistent, results.

It was Lee’s old pal Ronnie Mancuso who coaxed him out of hiding and, in cahoots with producer Kevin Churkho, set the scene for Red Dragon Cartel. With Mancuso handling bass duties, vocalist DJ Smith and drummer Jonas Fairley were recruited through Lee's Facebook page.

Billed as a band effort rather than a Lee vehicle, the album’s rotating cast of vocalists undermines that intent to a degree. Smith appears on five tracks, with guest singers handling the other four, compromising the stylistic cohesion of the album and preventing the band from asserting its own identity. That said, the first three songs are magnificent.

Deceived's vintage metal intro is a scorching nod to Ozzy's Bark At The Moon and its thunderous chorus a plutonium-laced punch to the cranium, although Smith's vocals are an acquired taste and can at times lack their own character. His shouted verses recall former Rainbow frontman Graham Bonnet, with an eerie imitation of Osbourne's semi-slurred higher register during the bridge.

When the material is strong those shortcomings are less noticeable, as proven by Shout It Out, where thudding beats pound towards a mighty hook full of funky rhythmic swagger and stomping fury. The opening trio is completed by Feeder, with Cheap Trick's Robin Zander giving his Beatles-esque vocals a bilious workout as Lee dispatches waves of bluesy licks and mystical passages with mesmerising fluency.

Unfortunately that quality isn't sustained, and while there's nothing bad about the remaining songs – many of which are pretty good - it's only on Redeem Me, featuring the ballsy roar of Sass Jordan, that they scale similar heights. Inbetween, an uneasy mixture of singers and styles brings a patchwork quilt feel to proceedings.

Former Iron Maiden snarler Paul Di'Anno adds his punky rasp to Wasted, and although suitably savage, it immediately feels like a different band. Likewise Big Mouth, with In This Moment's Maria Brink delightfully dragging Joan Jett's I Love Rock And Roll through a satanic filter.

The spectre of Lee's former employer looms large on the psychedelic metal of War Machine, nicking both the opening to Black Sabbath's War Pigs and the riff from Loner. Those familiar with the latter will almost expect to hear Ozzy's opening line as the verse kicks in.

In spite of the flaws, Lee is wonderful throughout. On Fall From The Sky (Seagull) his soloing is spectacular, lighting up a dreamy tune with unorthodox note selection and a seamless flow, while Slave's merciless riff frantically fizzes around like a bumblebee overdosed on caffeine.

Churkho's mixing and mastering also adds sizeable sonic oomph, giving Lee's classic metal sensibilities a contemporary backbone by accentuating the drums and bass in a way that recalls White Zombie's body-shaking heavy grooves. Faults aside, there is enough of Lee's old magic here to please the faithful and enough evolution to avoid being an exercise in nostalgia.

www.reddragoncartel.com

www.jakeelee.com
    I bought the Japanese release when it came out in late December so I have had a good chance to listen to the album. The above review is pretty spot on IMO. I would rate the album 7/10. War Machine sounds more Black Sabbath than anthing that Jake wrote for Ozzy. BTW, the bonus track on the Japanese release of Feeder acoustic is also pretty cool (DJ Smith on vox). Worth buying if you are a Jake fan but maybe not quite as good as the two Ozzy albums and the first two Badlands album (if you really want a comparison before spending your hard earned dollars), but for $10 on Amazon you can't go wrong.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roshambo View Post
    I bought the Japanese release when it came out in late December so I have had a good chance to listen to the album. The above review is pretty spot on IMO. I would rate the album 7/10. War Machine sounds more Black Sabbath than anthing that Jake wrote for Ozzy. BTW, the bonus track on the Japanese release of Feeder acoustic is also pretty cool (DJ Smith on vox). Worth buying if you are a Jake fan but maybe not quite as good as the two Ozzy albums and the first two Badlands album (if you really want a comparison before spending your hard earned dollars), but for $10 on Amazon you can't go wrong.
    Good to hear you like it.

His Badlands & Ozzy material was quite impressive. I'm not sure what to expect from this, other than some good old crunchy guitar riffs and solo's. I hope things go well for him and this band. It is inevitable comparisons will be made to the old stuff. I kinda like the fact he has a few different singers. Should add a bit of variety to it. I'm going to get it today at the shopping mall.

I watched a few YouTube clips from his recent club shows, but decided I wanted to hear the new material directly from the album first.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm down for anything Jake-related. Easily one of my favorite guitarists. He isn't a groundbreaking musician, but he has a very distinct way of playing that just always sounds killer. I'm very happy that he's back.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roshambo View Post
    Thanks for the review! I remember when I heard he was auditioning singers and I was hoping he would end up with someone who emulated Ray Gillen more than Ozzy. I'll still pick this up anyway. Deceived sounds great.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 16,601 Times in 9,416 Posts

The opening riff and chorus on "Deceived" are nails! I liked "Feeder" the very first time I heard it several months ago. Jake E. Lee is a fantastic guitar player.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

I'll tell ya what, I was on a big Badlands kick about 6 months ago. Those records are fantastic. I can't believe that band got buried by that grunge shit.