Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Elementary school teacher tells kids there's no Santa Claus

A sourpuss teacher in Rockland County ruined Christmas for a class full of second-graders this week, when she told them that there is no Santa Claus during a lesson about the North Pole.

The evil educator even told the youngsters — mostly 7- and 8-year-olds — that the presents under their trees were put out by their parents, and not St. Nick.

The stunning Scrooge-like behavior has caused a blizzard of outrage at the quiet George W. Miller Elementary School in Nanuet, where angry parents would like to see the teacher roasted like a chestnut over an open fire.

A nanny picking up a child at the school yesterday told The Post that anyone who tells kids that Santa doesn’t exist should get coal in their stocking.

“It’s outrageous that a teacher would strip a child of their innocence and try and demystify something,” said Margaret Fernandez, 59.

A grandmother of a kindergartner said, “I think this is awful.

“If it happened to my granddaughter, I’d tell her her teacher made a mistake, and there is a Santa,” she added.

The unidentified teacher reportedly made her anti-Santa comments Tuesday during a geography lesson, when students told her that they knew where the North Pole was because that’s where Santa lives.

Yesterday, school officials wouldn’t discuss the Christmas incident or say if the teacher would face any discipline.

District Superintendent Mark McNeill released a brief statement, saying only, “This matter is being addressed internally.”

One Christmas official was commenting on the record yesterday — Santa himself!

“When I read what happened at the school, I had an opinion that I don’t feel would be printable,” said a still-jolly St. Nick, who was posing for pictures with kids at the Palisades Mall. “I do feel it is unfortunate that this teacher has lost the spirit of Christmas in her heart.

“It is important to keep that spirit alive so that Santa can be real for everyone.”

The teacher’s attempt to sleigh Santa even got a reaction from the granddaughter of Virginia O’Hanlon, whose famous 1897 letter to the New York Sun asking if Santa was real drew the legendary response, “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.”

“My grandmother was a teacher for years, and I don’t think she ever had a problem answering that [Santa question],” Mary Blair, 69, told The Post.

“The most real things in the world are things that you don’t see or touch,” she added, “and they are the things that mean the most — love, kindness and generosity.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...#ixzz1fZcgAoxy
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

The teacher was wrong for doing it, but kids should know by that age. Teacher's parents and society keep up the "lie" way too long. Power to the children!
    Anonymous for fear of fatwa

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

You might find this incredible but my cousin believed in Santa up until he was 12 years old. The only reason why he found out was because we were watching Family Feud and they had "Things kids believe in which are false" and Santa was number one. He was pretty bummed when I confirmed what Richard Dawson said.

Anyway teachers shouldn't be the one breaking the news. That said I wonder if kids stop believing earlier cause of the internet. They can easily find on Google whether he is fake or not.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brownnation View Post
    The teacher was wrong for doing it, but kids should know by that age. Teacher's parents and society keep up the "lie" way too long. Power to the children!
    kids should know by 8 years old that Santa Claus doesn't exist? Why? What the hell is wrong with being young and innocent? Kids only have 18 years to be kids - they can have 60, 70, 80 years to be adults if they play their cards right. Why this great push these days? So sad these kids being stuck with adult responsibilities like cell phones and being dressed in "sexy" clothes and being tuned in to the horrors of the world by playing adult war video games and being allowed to watch grown up movies so much so that there aren't as many good kids movies as there used to be. And for what, so they can join the jaded and miserable club all the more sooner?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

i once told a group of 30-50 year olds that there was no man in the sky watching every move they made...didn't go over to well either...

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 6,667 Times in 3,695 Posts

the teacher is a f-ing bitch. Every profession has some just like her.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by buster65 View Post
    i once told a group of 30-50 year olds that there was no man in the sky watching every move they made...didn't go over to well either...
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:36 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

as a parent I would be heartbroken. The Santa thing is not religious, it's simply a family tradition. What this teacher did was take away one innocent family tradition from all those families. We need those little tradtions that bond us as families.

I would be like if she came into our family dinner and told us that our traditional muskrat Christmas stew was made from huge dirty rodents.

well, maybe another analogy would be better.

sad sad sad

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

My little lad turns 7 this month and still firmly believes in Father Christmas - and I resolutely play along. Once he starts questioning the logic of it all, that will be the time to tell him the truth. Up until then the fantasy continues...As mentioned earlier he's got years and years of sordid reality ahead of him so why not enjoy a bit of mystery and magic while he still can?

This teacher needs a good kick up the backside - I'd be really pissed off if my son's teacher had said that at this age. Miserable old bag.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by buster65 View Post
    You are my new hero!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brownnation View Post
    Are you still holding a grudge because Santa didn't bring you the Erector Set you wanted?

The age of cognition is roughly 3 or 4. The age of disbelief is around 8 or 9. Kids have all of 3 or 4 Christmases when they understand the concept of Santa and believe he's real. You really think that's way too long, Ebenezer?

-----

I'm the dad of two boys and from day one in both their lives I've told them I would never break a promise to them. I will go to my death keeping that pledge. They know this. (By the way, I take this seriously, so the promises I make are few and far between.)

One day we were driving around on errands when my eldest, who was about 9 at the time, asked me whether Santa was real. His brother, three years younger, sat next to him, so I said, "Sure he is!"

The eldest, knowing full and well my promise policy, responded with, "Do you promise?"

Shit. Kid's gonna be a lawyer, I swear.

I thought about it for a minute and answered with, "Santa Claus is real, I promise."

Last Christmas the elder tried to bust me. By this time they both were fully aware of the truth. He said, "You promised Santa was real."

So I explained about the origins of this one guy - Nikolaos of Myra - and his generosity and how people in his village kept his generosity going after he moved on, and how that spread to other villages and towns after his death, to now 1,700 years later (give or take), parents around the world are keeping the joyful tradition alive.

To me, that's miraculous. It's a worldwide conspiracy to give kids happiness and a sense of wonder. THAT is Santa Claus. When I hid presents for my kids and brought them out Christmas Eve while they slept, I was Santa. He is real because he is me.

Sure, it's a technicality, but yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. I believe it and I'm honored I got to be him for those few years.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    You are my new hero!
    i would hope you'd aim a little higher.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My daughter told me a few years back that some kids in school were saying there in no Santa, and that those kids don't get presents anymore. I told her that was because they don't believe in Santa anymore. I told her that if you don't believe, that you don't receive.

Pretty sure that she knows now at the age of 14 that there is no Santa. But she is no dummy, she knows that if she doesn't believe that she doesn't receive.

Like others have stated on here. Kids only get to be kids until they are 18, and it's tradition. Let it be...

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

We took my son on the "Santa Train" this weekend. Basically an hour long train ride and Santa comes to see all the kids. I was talking with one of the other parents and we figured the kids basically had 4 or 5 years (between when they're 4 and 8 or 9) when they're really 100% into Santa. You gotta take advantage of that short time and enjoy the hell out of it. This teacher is a slut from hell for trying to take away part of those times.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    The only reason why he found out was because we were watching Family Feud and they had "Things kids believe in which are false" and Santa was number one. He was pretty bummed when I confirmed what Richard Dawson said.
    LOL dang that's funny. I just imagine the look on his face...

*DING*
    Santa Clause
    ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post

Like others have stated on here. Kids only get to be kids until they are 18, and it's tradition. Let it be...

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    This teacher is a slut from hell for trying to take away part of those times.
    ^ What they said.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 12.04.11 at 01:35 PM.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_