Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 11:53 AM
    Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Default Van Halen reunion a work in progress

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...747/story.html

LOS ANGELES — Hopes of an imminent reunion of veteran American rock band Van Halen with original lead singer David Lee Roth were dashed Wednesday when a Grammy nominations concert came and went without an expected announcement.

Grammy organizers had been promising for weeks that Wednesday’s televised concert would feature “a special live announcement from a truly iconic group regarding their historic reunion set to take place on the Grammy stage on Feb. 12 2012.”

The official Grammy Twitter feed followed the announcement in early November with a message saying “Does this hint make u wanna ‘Jump’ and ‘Dance the Night Away’?” -- the titles of two of Van Halen’s biggest hits.

Recording Academy President Neil Portnow declined to confirm speculation that Van Halen was the band in question but told reporters Wednesday that those concerned were not ready to go public.

“In the world of creativity, everything is fluid ... there was the expectation that the artist involved and we would be ready to announce, but the artist was not quite ready.

“We were genuine about the intention and discussion (but) the time frame has moved,” he said.

Portnow said the California-based band, one of the biggest acts in rock’n roll in the 1970s and 1980s, “would have to address that (reunion question) themselves.”

The Grammy tease had also sparked renewed speculation that Van Halen was about to release their first studio album of all new material since 1998, and the first with Roth on vocals for 27 years.

Van Halen formed in 1974 with Eddie Van Halen on lead guitar, his brother Alex on drums and Roth on vocals.

But the hard rock band was rife with drama and personal rivalries and changed its line-up several times over the years. Roth was replaced by Sammy Hagar in 1985 and went on to have a successful career as a solo artist, but he toured with Van Halen on their last major outing in 2007-2008.

I'm fine with this actually. I've been noticing a shift as far as how the media has been handling things recently. People need to be patient. Not everyone is on the same page.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 12.01.11 at 04:25 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Free post

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...747/story.html

I'm fine with this actually. I've been noticing a shift as far as how the media has been handling things recently. People need to be patient. Not everyone is on the same page.
    That's a fair statement. Nobody in the band ever said they'd be there so you have a point. I'm disappointed. I have to be honest about that but you have to lay blame on whoever posted the tweet about VH being there. You have to wonder if that person is looking for a job right now. I would think that kind of stuff doesn't go over well with the big bosses.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Curing cancer is a work in progress too. Not many cures for cancer yet. But, keep on wiping Van Halen's ass! Like all children, they won't be in diapers forever, right?

Free postie post! Makes 3 in 2 threads in 5 minutes, whore bitches! I'm on FFFFFIIIIRRRREEEEEEEE!!!

HH<---- since Obama gave the ok to open Horse Slaughter companies again, let's amp up beating those fuckers dead---------
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 12.01.11 at 04:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Hard to see how they aren't on the same page... just last week they were all together, filmed videos and released a picture with all their record label, management and touring execs. Just last week...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

All the other crap that is pulled isn't ok. I'm not saying that. I just found this explanation in particular to be fine.

Last Online

From where i'm standing it's like the world has been having a nervous breakdown or something. I feel it. You have the baby boomers with their ideals and bs. Then you have gen y with their ideals and bs. Then me I'm generation x who is like jan brady stuck in the middle saying look. We all have our bs. We all have our ideals on how we think it should be.

It's more the communication factor and being able to get back ina responsible way. People fall. Have issues. Make mistakes. I'm not saying VH hasn't done that. But if they do it right I'm fine with it.

These guys are 55 year old men who have been through the ringer. Let them get back.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 12.01.11 at 04:53 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    From where i'm standing it's like the world has been having a nervous breakdown or something. I feel it. You have the baby boomers with their ideals and bs. Then you have gen y with their ideals and bs. Then me I'm generation x who is like jan brady stuck in the middle saying look. We all have our bs. We all have our ideals on how we think it should be.

It's more the communication factor and being able to get back ina responsible way. People fall. Have issues. Make mistakes. I'm not saying VH hasn't done that. But if they do it right I'm fine with it.

These guys are 55 year old men who have been through the ringer. Let them get back.
    Watching the Grammys proved that VH is forgotten. If they would have walked on stage, people would have thought the show was over and the roadies were cleaning up. This could be the best their work ever, but no one will know or care.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    Watching the Grammys proved that VH is forgotten. If they would have walked on stage, people would have thought the show was over and the roadies were cleaning up. This could be the best their work ever, but no one will know or care.
    I don't think that's necessarily true though. Their fans will know. They will know. People get awards later in life for making a comeback. It doesn't mean it will be mainstream or kids will get it. But some people will.

What is the definition of being a champion at life anyways. Popularity? If it is that's a pretty shallow world youa re living in.

There are a lot of primadonnas out there who are popular. VH was one of them.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 12.01.11 at 05:11 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

It use to be that the Grammy awards were for the sophisticated older artists and the kiddie acts were on the AMAs and Mtv awards
    Now it looks like the Grammy show has gone kiddie too. Van Halen would have looked out of place there last night and the last of the Beach Boys would have REALLY looked totally lost up there
    Eat Us and Smile!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I've been patient for five and a half years. Since then we actually got Chinese Democracy in our hands. Fathom that one.

Seriously, CD flopped, and if VH continues to make negative press they won't sell any copies either. You'd think the GNR brand and sheer curiosity could've moved copes of CD? I did, and so did others. It didn't work out that way.

We just got a big middle finger from Van Halen again. On a laundry list of things this band has failed to do. Now even some of the most loyal fans are getting pissed, and rightfully so. It was only a matter of time before they saw the bullshit they were being fed.

The band needs to stop fucking around and deliver the record, especially since it's supposedly been done for half a year now, because they lost a few big fans with last night's disaster. And they'll keep losing them if they keep this up.

And I don't get irritated for myself. I get irritated because I see the most loyal VH fans in the world at this site and all they do is support and praise VH despite everything...and they haven't gotten a simple "thank you" for that. Shame on them.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Unfair Warning: Van Halen Were No-Shows at the Grammy Nominations

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifi...194513218.html

This week was supposed to be mark Van Halen's triumphant return: The group, with David Lee Roth back up front, recently signed a shiny new record contract with Interscope, Eddie Van Halen made the Top 10 on Rolling Stone's Greatest Guitarists list, and the band was scheduled to finally confirm their first studio album together in decades at last night's Grammy nominations concert. Only they didn't, even though the Grammys promised the reunion in the least subtle tweet of all time. Between the time Lady Gaga opened the show with "Marry The Night" and closed it with Sugarland, there was no sign of Diamond Dave, Eddie, Alex, or Wolfgang, despite the Grammys promise that we would all "jump" and "dance the night away." So, what happened?

Recording Academy chairman Neil Portnow was asked about Van Halen's absence after the nomination show, and even though he refused to confirm that it was Van Halen that was supposed to appear, he revealed that complications arose between the Grammy tweet and last night's concert. "What happened was very simple. In the world of creativity, everything is fluid," Portnow said before launching into a not-very-simple explanation (via Hitflix). "In the process of discussions that we had been having with an expectation that perhaps we would be at a point tonight where the artist involved and we, moving forward, would be ready to announce [a reunion], they weren't quite at that point. So it's live television, we go on to the next act. It's rock and roll and so on. That being said, we were genuine about the intention and we are genuine about the discussion."

So, either Van Halen just didn't show up at the Grammys as scheduled -- forcing producers to quickly "go on to the next act" -- or the band decided that announcing their reunion after Jason Aldean and Ludacris had just rapped over a country song wasn't really their scene. Or maybe, and this is the theory that probably has Van Halen fans nervous right now, the band is having second thoughts about another full-fledged reunion with the egotistical Roth, which we've seen before. Portnow did hint that viewers might see the unnamed reunited band perform at the actual Grammy ceremony, but after the group ditched on the nominations show, why reward them with a spot on "Music's Biggest Night?"
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My god. This thing is coming alive. They're fucked. They have to do something to save face. But they won't.

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    Unfair Warning: Van Halen Were No-Shows at the Grammy Nominations

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifi...194513218.html
    Neil Portnow
    So is this guy is like one letter away from being the greatest prog drummer ever or what?

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VF5150 View Post
    So is this guy is like one letter away from being the greatest prog drummer ever or what?

I've really been waiting for someone else to make that connection so it wasn't just me haha.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.