Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Default Who Here Is Out Of Work???

And how long have you been looking??? I have been laid off for a year and 4 months. I send out at the very least 20 resumes a day and always out looking for work yet can't land anything. Who else is the victim of this wonderful economy?

~S4R
    FULL TIME LURKER

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I was unfortunate enough to lose a gig at the end of September, but fortune smiled on me two weeks later. A former co-worker from about 6 years back remembered how shitty our former teammates treated him and I was the only one who took the time to train and show him around the place. He lobbied hard to get me hired at the company he left for and has been with for 6 years. They even hired me as a permanent only four weeks into the probation period.

The moral? Be not just good at what you do but also treat people with decency and sometimes you'll rise above the bullshit despite the bad ecomomy.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got laid off, or "corporate restructured" in the middle of June. I was and still am extremely pissed about it, my work load was crazy and often times I would stay late and work through my lunch. We found a new admin assistant who was actually very smart and qualified, however she could only work part-time. Therefore I would finish her job as well. I thought I was bullet-proof. They hired a second accountant in March of 2010, I felt really threatened at first but then I spent a lot of my day correcting her mistakes and handled a much bigger workload, so my fear subsided. Apparently they
    ended up seeing more value in her since she got to stay. There were a couple of people there that were given fluff jobs because they were friends with the right people, and either never showed up or spent all day surfing the internet. I thought if we had to make cuts they would be the first gone, but no they are still there. I also didn't appreciate being treated like a criminal when I had to go, watching me get my stuff etc.

I found a new job less than three weeks after I started applying, I got an 8% raise and much better benefits, I was only unemployed for a total of five weeks. I contribute this to luck and living in a state with the second lowest unemployment rate in the nation.

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

My wife has spent $50k on an education to be a high school (social studies) teacher and hasn't worked in three years at a full time job. She's sent out hundreds of resumes and has had ONE interview in South Georgia, 18 hours from here. We're looking to relocate from PA to GA or FLA, where she's taught before. I fear I may be next, working 12 years in delivering supplies in the building materials industry. The economy has taken an awful toll, and I'm searching for something stable, too. My wife just was hired at her first full time job recently, working as an image librarian. Definitely couldn't come at a better time, as my company just announced we're taking an involuntairy 10% pay cut December 1st. *sigh.*

Thoughts and prayers to those of you searching. Its really tough out there.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Ive been lucky enough to land a tech support job at my school. Sure its only part time but it still pays the bills. My wife on the other hand hasnt had the greatest luck.

My wife worked at Borders for 4 years and loved almost every second of it and she recently got promoted back in June. She took some vacation during the summer and when she came back to work, it was announced that come september, she wouldnt have a job. Fast forward a few months...my wife is working at Hastings, basically doing the same thing she was doing at Borders but at super part time. Shes getting paid more than all of the other employees just because of her experience in selling books but at part time hours, it doesnt nearly cover the difference in hours. The employees at Hastings are absolutley amazed that she can sell books because apparently, its really hard to do. They treat her like Superwoman and she knows more than all of the managers combined, however, she is still looking for a 2nd job to make up for the other 20+ hours that shes not getting at Hastings and she isnt having much luck.

Moral of the story...I guess to be thankful that we both have jobs and are able to pay the bills, even if we arent making as much as we are used to.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Damn. I wish I had the luck of the first two. I totally feel your wifes pain.

I've had this type of luck:

Being that I am willing to just work, I got an interview as a busser at a local restaurant on the water in Edmonds, WA. They tell me to go get my food handlers permit which I did the next day and that they would put me on the schedule that coming Monday. The next day, I get the permit and call the supervisor and she tells me how she's sorry and that one of the other supervisor's had hired someone else without her knowing and she can't give me the job.

Then last night, I had an interview at 2pm with a Ford dealer in Bellevue, WA. for a detail position. For those who live in Washington, you know how shitty traffic was last night. I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. I made it on time. The front desk girl tells me how to get to the detail shop. I get there and nobody can find the manager. I wait 10 minutes for the guy and still nothing. Then one of the other detail guys come in the shop and tells me that he's at lunch and he doesn't know what time he will be back. We had a 2 o'clock meeting and he's not even there to give the fucking interview. So I handed off my resume to one of the guys and told him to have the manager call me.

That is my luck lately.
    FULL TIME LURKER

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by space4rent5150 View Post
    We had a 2 o'clock meeting and he's not even there to give the fucking interview. So I handed off my resume to one of the guys and told him to have the manager call me.

That is my luck lately.

Bad sign. Nothing worse than an unreliable boss. They'll gladly let those under him take the heat for their fuck-ups. Beware.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Ya, I refuse to work for any boss that runs things like that. Speaks volumes about why he needs people
    FULL TIME LURKER

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

It might not be a bad thing to get in touch with a supervisor running the district ops or whatever to let him know about this blowing-off of the meeting. What have you got to lose?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I work in IT. I'm thinking about a career switch into something that pays better- fast food.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

I dunno if they have In N Out where you are Cyber (and I myself havent investigated this) but I hear they pay pretty good for a fast food joint.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Just wanted to share that I finally have a job! Panera Bread as a baker. 11 starting, full bennies, quarterly bonuses, grave shift which means I can go back to school...its been a year and 4 months but fuck. I finally got something!
    FULL TIME LURKER

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Congrats, that's awesome.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Awesome news mate.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by space4rent5150 View Post
    Just wanted to share that I finally have a job! Panera Bread as a baker. 11 starting, full bennies, quarterly bonuses, grave shift which means I can go back to school...its been a year and 4 months but fuck. I finally got something!
    Great news!! and it's at one of my favorite places.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.