Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it possible, that maybe, just maybe MTV is tryin' to bait the band out of their deafening silence? There's no doubt there has been a total media blackout with the band for almost a year now. Maybe, MTV can't stand the fact that they along with everyone else, hasn't been able to penetrate the Van Halen inner circle and come up with any info on the band. Knowin' the obvious benefits MTV reaped from the '96 fiasco, it could be their pissed they might not benefit as much this time around. By all accounts, MTV was one of the forces that pushed for the DLR/VH appearance in '96.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.22.12 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting point Dropdeadlegs. I was thinking last night that surely someone from MTV has tried to get in touch with VH for the awards show. Sure, I think they would rather have Madonna, Britney, Backstreet, but I'm also sure they know what a ratings boost a VH reunion would give them.

Jim
    http://jimurban.home.mindspring.com

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

I agree , they want their piece of the pie (MONEY )...AND THOSE little rappers are s!tuppied enough to do what it takes to get their non musical ass's on that station !.....MTV did not create vh....they were not puppets.....good music , and radio got vh were they are today.....i will boycot that station 4 life.....i like vh1 better anyway.....that awards show gets worse every year.......did anybody relize that the people with talent were the ones introducing the awards !....i'am glad mtv fucked up

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I was thinking the same thing this morning, DDL.

WaWaZat5150
    It's definitely a good point, but I really don't think MTV cares about bands like Van Halen, Aerosmith or Bon Jovi anymore(not that I'm placing them in a single genre or anything, but just to get the point across). You can't really blame them for peddling to a specific audience, can you? Whatever makes them the most money is what they're going to do. That's sad, but it's true. Van Halen isn't a big band for todays 12-18 year old crowd. However, for people in their 20's-30's. They were, still are, and always will be huge. That's just the way it works. If MTV plays Van Halen's new stuff, maybe some 12-18 year olds will dig it, but VH just isn't going to be able to compete with modern pop music and the crowd that listens to it. Pop is all about fads. It always changes. MTV admits it. Van Halen is too consistent for MTV.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

...mtv dictates what they want these kids to watch.....i believe that's why u see the price of some of these 3 minute videos - they have to spend that to get their face on their.....a band like vh isn't gonna fall for that....shit i wouldn't be surprised , if mtv filled these cheese bands pockets, " yes miss spears..anything you want --we only made 1.5 million $ off of you , and when we are done with you , will create someone else