Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Lingerie Ads Featuring Mother and Daughter

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1dtmxL0u3

Is it darling? Or extremely disturbing?

New York-based lingerie and swimwear company The Lake and Stars has stirred controversy since unveiling its new ad campaign featuring a mom and her 19-year-old daughter posing provocatively while pressed against one another, all while donning only lacy lingerie.

“These ads are highly suggestive. They are clearly designed to titillate consumers; mostly men. The incestuous and lesbian suggestions, with the phallic images of cactus and logs, are juvenile at best,” psychologist Dr. Nancy Irwin told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “I'm disgusted, yet hardly surprised by this. Advertisers (particularly of undergarments) continuously push the envelope on good taste to simply get attention and drive sales."

However, the company's owner said they were shocked that the campaign had garnered such a negative reaction.

"We're surprised that people are reacting with such violently negative connotations such as incest, given that we were only making light of a healthy and beautiful relationship between two women... something we think people in our culture are often uncomfortable with, especially when there is so much focus on competition and gossip,” said Lake and Stars’ owner Maayan Zilberman. “We've always embraced women of all ages and sizes in our shoots, and having admired the loving relationship between our friends Johanna and India (the mom and daughter,) it seemed a natural thing to feature them in a campaign representing our brand."

"We are always inspired by the women we feature in our ads for their beauty, intelligence, and confidence, and this season there was no exception," she continued. "We like to embrace our community of women and to appreciate friendship and acceptance, something we don't find often in the world of fashion. Everyone involved in the shoot -- the designers, models, and photographer -- agree that these photos are beautiful and tasteful.”

One ad expert agrees.

“If you can see past the fact they are wearing lingerie together and see it simply as a representation of healthy affection then there's nothing detrimental or disturbing about this ad at all,” said Steve Hall, editor of the advertising blog Ad Rants. “I honestly think the brand feels this is simply an innocent representation of a mother and daughter's love for one another. It's a metaphor, of course. It's unlikely a mother and daughter would be caught dead in the same room with one another clad only in lingerie. But that's the literal visual people are reacting to, not the idea of a close, nurturing, loving relationship between a mother and a daughter. However, any smart marketer will leverage envelope pushing whenever they can, and there is certainly a hint of that here.”

But the author of “Love Your Body, Love Your Life,” Sarah Maria, thinks the ads provide more than just a hint.

“There are many things a mother-daughter relationship is, but sexual hopefully it is not. It would nice to see a company sell through uplifting messages, instead of yet once again selling sex in order to sell clothing. There is much beauty in a mother-daughter relationship, none of which appears to be depicted from this photo shoot,” she said. “And like most advertising these days, it leads women to focus on themselves as sex objects instead of human beings. To take this sexualization to a mother-daughter relationship seems extreme to say the least.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1e6BD6IQE
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 7,880 Times in 4,606 Posts

Premium Member

"We're surprised that people are reacting with such violently negative connotations such as incest, given that we were only making light of a healthy and beautiful relationship between two women"

HOLY SHIT!! Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure my sister and mom have a beautiful relationship but I don't ever remember them wearing lingerie and getting it on.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

this thing is fucked.

To quote Tommy Lee - it's sauteed in wrong sauce
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

uh, I don't know ANY women...mother/daughter sister/sister friend/friend who has EVER been in this kind of situation except perhaps the old lady school marms who lived across the street from my mother

plus ...... those chicks in that ad are ugly

that's all I have to say about that

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Looks like what would happen if you mixed one of the chicks from ABBA, Julianne Moore, a bottle of absinthe and some quaaludes.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

This reminds me of the time when my dad and I embraced wearing a set of banana hammocks. Well that actually never happened and this should have never happened either.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Weirding people out doesn't strike me as a killer sales strategy.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Thats like having Jerry Sandusky or Micheal Jackson do a commercial for a Disney Cruise for kids.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Yikes, that ad makes me squirm more than a little. There is nothing even remotely attractive, interesting or titillating about that ad. That ad does NOT represent in even a small way a healthy mother-daughter relationship.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:32 AM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

They're not even remotely hot either.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Huge let down.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    uh, I don't know ANY women...mother/daughter sister/sister friend/friend who has EVER been in this kind of situation except perhaps the old lady school marms who lived across the street from my mother

plus ...... those chicks in that ad are ugly

that's all I have to say about that
    Seriously - Lindsay Lohan's mom is probably saying 'that's really weird' to this ad.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

BLEAH!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.27.13 @ 03:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post

Is it darling? Or extremely disturbing?

New York-based lingerie and swimwear company The Lake and Stars has stirred controversy since unveiling its new ad campaign featuring a mom and her 19-year-old daughter posing provocatively while pressed against one another, all while donning only lacy lingerie.

“These ads are highly suggestive. They are clearly designed to titillate consumers; mostly men. The incestuous and lesbian suggestions, with the phallic images of cactus and logs, are juvenile at best,” psychologist Dr. Nancy Irwin told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “I'm disgusted, yet hardly surprised by this. Advertisers (particularly of undergarments) continuously push the envelope on good taste to simply get attention and drive sales."

However, the company's owner said they were shocked that the campaign had garnered such a negative reaction.

"We're surprised that people are reacting with such violently negative connotations such as incest, given that we were only making light of a healthy and beautiful relationship between two women... something we think people in our culture are often uncomfortable with, especially when there is so much focus on competition and gossip,” said Lake and Stars’ owner Maayan Zilberman. “We've always embraced women of all ages and sizes in our shoots, and having admired the loving relationship between our friends Johanna and India (the mom and daughter,) it seemed a natural thing to feature them in a campaign representing our brand."

"We are always inspired by the women we feature in our ads for their beauty, intelligence, and confidence, and this season there was no exception," she continued. "We like to embrace our community of women and to appreciate friendship and acceptance, something we don't find often in the world of fashion. Everyone involved in the shoot -- the designers, models, and photographer -- agree that these photos are beautiful and tasteful.”

One ad expert agrees.

“If you can see past the fact they are wearing lingerie together and see it simply as a representation of healthy affection then there's nothing detrimental or disturbing about this ad at all,” said Steve Hall, editor of the advertising blog Ad Rants. “I honestly think the brand feels this is simply an innocent representation of a mother and daughter's love for one another. It's a metaphor, of course. It's unlikely a mother and daughter would be caught dead in the same room with one another clad only in lingerie. But that's the literal visual people are reacting to, not the idea of a close, nurturing, loving relationship between a mother and a daughter. However, any smart marketer will leverage envelope pushing whenever they can, and there is certainly a hint of that here.”

But the author of “Love Your Body, Love Your Life,” Sarah Maria, thinks the ads provide more than just a hint.

“There are many things a mother-daughter relationship is, but sexual hopefully it is not. It would nice to see a company sell through uplifting messages, instead of yet once again selling sex in order to sell clothing. There is much beauty in a mother-daughter relationship, none of which appears to be depicted from this photo shoot,” she said. “And like most advertising these days, it leads women to focus on themselves as sex objects instead of human beings. To take this sexualization to a mother-daughter relationship seems extreme to say the least.”

Read more:
    It is hard to describe these relationships with such lingerie ads. I think it leaves bad impression on society.