Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 442
  1. #1
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default Paterno to retire ...fallout from the Penn State child sex abuse case

    I know that this is in the Play Ball threads...but for those of us who seldom enter in there....


    (AP) Updated at 12:37 p.m. ET
    STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Joe Paterno, the Penn State football coach who preached success with honor for half a century but whose legend was shattered by a child sex abuse scandal, said Wednesday he will retire at the end of this season.

    Paterno said he was "absolutely devastated" by the case, in which his one-time heir apparent, Jerry Sandusky, has been charged with molesting eight boys over 15 years, including at the Penn State football complex.



    He said he hoped the team could finish its season with "dignity and determination."

    The trustees could still force him to leave immediately. It also could take action against the university president, Graham Spanier.


    Paterno said the school's Board of Trustees, which had been considering his fate, should "not spend a single minute discussing my status" and has more important matters to address.

    The beloved 84-year-old Paterno has been engulfed by outrage that he did not do more to stop Sandusky after a graduate assistant came to Paterno in 2002 after allegedly having seen the former assistant coach molesting a 10-year-old boy in the Penn State showers.

    "This is a tragedy," Paterno said in a statement. "It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  2. #2
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    but then you have THIS
    MISSOULA, Mont. An employee of a Missoula mental health center who reported a client's computer search for child pornography was fired after reporting him to police.
    Only on msnbc.com

    The client, John Gribble, is charged with sexually abusing a child after a DVD with photos of nude children was found at his house.

    The Missoulian reported Wednesday that an employee of Three Rivers Mental Health Solutions contacted police about Gribble on Oct. 17. The employee first told her supervisors, who told her not to report Gribble. Three Rivers administrator Shea Hennelly says reports that break medical confidentiality must include the names and address of the child involved and the extent of the child's injuries.

    "In order to provide mental health services, we can't engage in dual roles. We're not allowed to go to police" unless actual child abuse is observed, Hennelly told The Missoulian. "She didn't witness someone abusing a child. What this woman reported to this office was she saw the tab of Web browsers that said teenage girls. That's a lot different."
    The employee was concerned about two young girls that Gribble babysat, but she did not know their names.

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,995
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Likes
    817
    Liked 3,120 Times in 1,829 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Paterno was one of Olbermann's Worst Persons last night, and I thought to myself wait--the guy that anally rapes a kid isn't a worst person, but the guy who didn't follow up reporting past his superior is? That doesn't make any sense.

    I can't imagine not reporting what happened, but Paterno heard from someone else and didn't see anything, right? I just don't see why he should be forced into stepping down over this.

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,886
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 01:30 AM
    Likes
    906
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

    Default

    How about the nitwit who witnessed the rape of the young child and, not only didn't call the police, but didn't try to stop the act. What a coward. If I ever walked in on a child being raped, you better goddamn believe I would do everything in my power to stop it. Sick, sick story.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  5. #5
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,159
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    How about the nitwit who witnessed the rape of the young child and, not only didn't call the police, but didn't try to stop the act. What a coward. If I ever walked in on a child being raped, you better goddamn believe I would do everything in my power to stop it. Sick, sick story.
    i think it's easier to say than to do. This "nitwit" walked in on someone they likely had great respect for doing this. This isn't walking in on a stranger doing that to a kid. I think freezing up would be a perfectly normal reaction. The issue I have is the followup (or lack thereof) from everyone who knew what happened.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,982
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 04:40 AM
    Likes
    2,609
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Sure one would freeze seeing a grown man cornholing a 10 year old. However a decent person should call the cops immediately after when gathering ones thoughts. You should be disgusted by what you have seen. If you told that senile old fart "hey I saw Sandusky screwing a kid" and then find out nothing happened, you inquire.

    Same for everybody all the way the chain.

    All of them are pieces of shit.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

    I can't imagine not reporting what happened, but Paterno heard from someone else and didn't see anything, right? I just don't see why he should be forced into stepping down over this.
    It hasn't been reported that Paterno saw anything, BUT, he was informed of what another coach saw and Paterno told his superiors. Now, if Paterno is such a powerful guy at Penn State, why didn't anything get done? It was clearly a coverup. Now, Paterno has the audacity to say that "This is the worse thing to ever happen to me in my life". What a dickhead. Ohh, and it's been reported that the DA that was investigating the case when it 1st came out disappeared and his body has never been found. Now you have to wonder if the person that initially saw the abuse in the shower knew of the ramifications (like getting killed) if he blew the whistle a bit louder. Everyone that knew needs to be fired immediately and charged. I just hope when/if they are arrested that the charges are worded in such a way that a court will find them guilty. Or just use every damn word you could use to file the charge so there is no gray area in the courts decision.
    Just go for it!

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,159
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    It hasn't been reported that Paterno saw anything, BUT, he was informed of what another coach saw and Paterno told his superiors. Now, if Paterno is such a powerful guy at Penn State, why didn't anything get done? It was clearly a coverup. Now, Paterno has the audacity to say that "This is the worse thing to ever happen to me in my life". What a dickhead. Ohh, and it's been reported that the DA that was investigating the case when it 1st came out disappeared and his body has never been found. Now you have to wonder if the person that initially saw the abuse in the shower knew of the ramifications (like getting killed) if he blew the whistle a bit louder. Everyone that knew needs to be fired immediately and charged. I just hope when/if they are arrested that the charges are worded in such a way that a court will find them guilty. Or just use every damn word you could use to file the charge so there is no gray area in the courts decision.
    You might be reaching to assume the DA's disappearance had anything to do with this case.

    The Grad assistant went to the most powerful people in the school to blow the whistle on what he saw. The President of the school and the Athletic Director and the Head Coach have a lot to answer for. Penn State really needs to open up about exactly what happened here as we're left to guess that this was a cover up. The guy who saw what happened is currently a coach on the team so apparently he's a believable witness. It looks like Penn States had to make a choice between covering this up to save their rep and pressing charges. It looks a lot like the way the Catholic church handled these types of charges. They forced Sandusky off the staff and just hoped it would go away.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Wruff_ajax's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    8,892
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Likes
    747
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts


    Premium Member
    All of these people that knew what was going on are fucked in the head. Screw Joe Paterno and his wish to coach the rest of this season and retire with dignity. Fuck his dignity! What about those children, Joe?!?! Mother fucker. His hands are dirty. He enabled this Sandusky monster to rape children. He is part of a decades-long child-rape cover-up at Penn State.
    Yeah, they'll all regret it now that they've been caught.

    There are so many horrifying aspects to this story, it's just sickening.

    These people simply reporting these instances to their bosses and then washing their hands of it and leaving it up to someone else to report to police are all fucked up and all have a part in this and are all responsible for enabling this Sardusky monster to continue raping children. There is no excuse for any of it!! Terrible.

    Peterno should never coach again.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    You might be reaching to assume the DA's disappearance had anything to do with this case.
    Maybe, but with everything that should come out in the next few days, weeks and months, who knows what will actually be revealed. This entire story is sickening. I think Paterno should not be allowed to "coach" ever again this season.
    Just go for it!

  11. #11
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,159
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    Maybe, but with everything that should come out in the next few days, weeks and months, who knows what will actually be revealed. This entire story is sickening. I think Paterno should not be allowed to "coach" ever again this season.
    I think Paterno should basically be told "you can retire now or we can fire you now".

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Wruff_ajax's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.03
    Location
    US of America
    Posts
    8,892
    Favorite VH Album

    =VH= II
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Likes
    747
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    A chronological look at the case against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
    Sandusky has been charged with 40 criminal counts, accusing him of serial sex abuse of minors:

    1969
    Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

    1977
    Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

    1994
    Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

    1994-95
    Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

    1995-96
    Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

    1996-97
    Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

    1996-98
    Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

    Jan. 1, 1998
    Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

    1998
    Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

    Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

    Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

    The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

    June 1999
    Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

    Dec. 28, 1999
    Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

    Summer 2000
    Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

    Fall 2000
    A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

    Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

    March 1, 2002
    A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

    March 2, 2002
    In the morning, the graduate assistant calls coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno's home, where he reports what he has seen.

    March 3, 2002
    Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State athletic director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

    March 2002
    Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and senior vice president for finance and business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

    March 27, 2002 (approximate)
    The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky's locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in grand jury in December 2010.

    2005-2006
    Boy known as Victim 1 says that he meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

    Spring 2007
    During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

    Spring 2008
    Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

    Early 2009
    An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa., teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

    September 2010
    Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

    March 2011
    Harrisburg (Pa.) Patriot-News reports that grand jury is investigating Sandusky on allegations of indecent assault against a teenage boy. The Patriot-News reports that five people with knowledge of the case said the grand jury has been meeting for 18 months and has called witnesses including Paterno and Curley. Penn State declines comment.

    Nov. 5, 2011
    Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

    Nov. 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university president Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky.

    Nov. 8, 2011
    Possible ninth victim of Sandusky contacts state police as calls for ouster of Paterno and Spanier grow in state and beyond. Penn State abruptly cancels Paterno's regular weekly press conference.

    Nov. 9, 2011
    Paterno announces he'll retire at the end of the season.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I think Paterno should basically be told "you can retire now or we can fire you now".
    Agreed. I sure do hope it happens tomorrow.
    Just go for it!

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    A chronological look at the case against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
    Sandusky has been charged with 40 criminal counts, accusing him of serial sex abuse of minors:

    1969
    Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

    1977
    Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

    1994
    Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

    1994-95
    Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

    1995-96
    Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

    1996-97
    Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

    1996-98
    Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

    Jan. 1, 1998
    Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

    1998
    Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

    Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

    Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

    The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

    June 1999
    Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

    Dec. 28, 1999
    Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

    Summer 2000
    Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

    Fall 2000
    A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

    Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

    March 1, 2002
    A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

    March 2, 2002
    In the morning, the graduate assistant calls coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno's home, where he reports what he has seen.

    March 3, 2002
    Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State athletic director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

    March 2002
    Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and senior vice president for finance and business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

    March 27, 2002 (approximate)
    The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky's locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in grand jury in December 2010.

    2005-2006
    Boy known as Victim 1 says that he meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

    Spring 2007
    During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

    Spring 2008
    Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

    Early 2009
    An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa., teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

    September 2010
    Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

    March 2011
    Harrisburg (Pa.) Patriot-News reports that grand jury is investigating Sandusky on allegations of indecent assault against a teenage boy. The Patriot-News reports that five people with knowledge of the case said the grand jury has been meeting for 18 months and has called witnesses including Paterno and Curley. Penn State declines comment.

    Nov. 5, 2011
    Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

    Nov. 7, 2011
    Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university president Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky.

    Nov. 8, 2011
    Possible ninth victim of Sandusky contacts state police as calls for ouster of Paterno and Spanier grow in state and beyond. Penn State abruptly cancels Paterno's regular weekly press conference.

    Nov. 9, 2011
    Paterno announces he'll retire at the end of the season.
    They should just make Penn St...the State Pen. What's the difference!
    Just go for it!

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,995
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Likes
    817
    Liked 3,120 Times in 1,829 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    You might be reaching to assume the DA's disappearance had anything to do with this case.

    The Grad assistant went to the most powerful people in the school to blow the whistle on what he saw. The President of the school and the Athletic Director and the Head Coach have a lot to answer for. Penn State really needs to open up about exactly what happened here as we're left to guess that this was a cover up. The guy who saw what happened is currently a coach on the team so apparently he's a believable witness. It looks like Penn States had to make a choice between covering this up to save their rep and pressing charges. It looks a lot like the way the Catholic church handled these types of charges. They forced Sandusky off the staff and just hoped it would go away.
    If Paterno actively covered this up, then that's one thing. But he had a guy tell him that the guy saw something happened, and then Paterno reported it, then nothing happened, I have a hard time accepting that Paterno must lose his job.

    If I saw nothing, and all I was getting was hearsay from someone who DID see it, how far must I go other than reporting it to the powers that be? Why is this somehow a bigger story than the guy who saw it and didn't go to police?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Child Abuse Protesters: Ban The Who from Super Bowl
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12.31.09, 01:46 PM
  2. Woman Charged With Child Abuse For Putting Baby In Oven
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.10.07, 06:02 PM
  3. Fresh Child Abuse Allegations for Jackson
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01.14.06, 05:16 AM
  4. FLA Couple Accused of Child Abuse Caught
    By a.f.u. for vh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02.05.05, 02:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •