Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 6,671 Times in 3,697 Posts

Default Good deeds do get repaid

this story made me smile this morning ....

MENOMONIE, Wis. — A Canadian man who had just helped a motorist change a tire in western Wisconsin had his good deed quickly repaid when, just minutes later, that same motorist helped to save his life.

According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, Victor Giesbrecht, of Winnipeg, was driving Saturday evening on Interstate 94 about 9 miles east of Menomonie when he stopped to help another motorist change a tire.

Patrol Sgt. Michael Newton said that after driving off, Giesbrecht was stricken by a heart attack within a mile or two. His wife, Ann, helped bring their pickup truck to a stop, called 911 and waved her arms for help.

At about the same time, the motorists they had just helped pulled up.

The Star Tribune reported Monday that one of them, Lisa Meier, of Eau Claire, performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him until emergency personnel arrived.

A state trooper and two Dunn County deputies took over and used an automated external defibrillator to help Giesbrecht regain a pulse and resume breathing.

A medical helicopter took Giesbrecht to Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire. He was in serious condition Monday.

Newton said if Giesbrecht hadn’t helped with the tire change, his initial rescuer may have remained stranded for too long to play a life-saving role.

“If he had been a few more miles down the road and had his heart attack, it could have been a different outcome,” Newton said. “It’s an interesting turn of fate.”

He said Giesbrecht had suffered another heart attack about a year earlier.

Newton added that Dunn County having an AED on hand “was the tipping point” in saving Giesbrecht’s life.

“Without that defibrillator, I don’t know that the outcome would’ve been the same,” he said

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

automatic external defibrillators are one of the greatest inventions of this century

if you do not have one in your workplace or in your children's schools, you should do lobby to get one

still this is an amazing story.....guy would have probably had a heart attack anyway, and who knows if the next traveler who came along would know or care to do CPR till the cops arrived.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    automatic external defibrillators are one of the greatest inventions of this century

if you do not have one in your workplace or in your children's schools, you should do lobby to get one
    Very true, DH. My dad had a massive heart attack almost a month ago. A few days later I was at the gym and as I worked out I was thinking about my dad and how they had to zap him twice. I started looking around for an AED at the gym. Didn't see one.

As I was leaving the gym, I saw the owner and asked him if they had an AED. He said no and that it currently wasn't a requirement to have one. I told him my dad's story in hopes it would inspire him to get one.

I would have one, or more, if I owned a gym or any business for that matter.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    Very true, DH. My dad had a massive heart attack almost a month ago. A few days later I was at the gym and as I worked out I was thinking about my dad and how they had to zap him twice. I started looking around for an AED at the gym. Didn't see one.

As I was leaving the gym, I saw the owner and asked him if they had an AED. He said no and that it currently wasn't a requirement to have one. I told him my dad's story in hopes it would inspire him to get one.

I would have one, or more, if I owned a gym or any business for that matter.
    Amen to that! I've seen very sad stories, even in high schools (a few years back), that could have had a much better ending had an AED been in place.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

We have one were I work.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.