Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:52 PM
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

Default 1st ever FEMA Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System 2pm ET 11/9

The first ever nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System will occur on Wednesday, November 9, at 2:00 p.m. EST. As part of our public education campaign, we wrote this open letter to ensure that all Americans are aware of the test and know what to expect.

http://blog.fema.gov/2011/11/open-le...ncy-alert.html

FEMA: "We Have Assumed Control..."

As part of our nationís ongoing efforts to strengthen our resilience against all hazards, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in close coordination with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA), will conduct the first ever nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System on Wednesday, November 9, at 2:00 p.m. EST. The test will occur simultaneously across the United States and the U.S. territories and will last approximately 30 seconds, after which regular programming will resume. The test will appear on all broadcast radio and television stations, cable television systems, satellite radio and television systems, and wireline video service systems. The test will not involve landline or mobile phones or other infrastructure such as power grids.

The various disasters our country has faced this year underscore the need for effective and well-tested emergency alert and warning systems that could be used in a time of real national emergency, at a momentís notice. Now, with the test less than a week away, we ask that you join us in efforts to educate your entire community about this important event.

Although the Emergency Alert System and its predecessors have been in existence for more than 50 years and are often tested at the local level, there has never been a nationwide test of these capabilities. The purpose of the test is to allow FEMA and the FCC to assess how well the Emergency Alert System would perform its primary function: alerting the public about a national emergency.

The first step toward building a modernized Emergency Alert System means testing the existing technology. Through preparations for the test, we have already identified areas that need improvement to ensure our entire population has full access to alerts and warnings. This nationwide test will help us identify any additional changes to the system that may be beneficial as we work to complete a modernized and fully accessible system.
    Earlier this year, when there was local severe weather emergency notice, I could not move off the cable channel I was on until the notice ended. I did want to go immediately to the local TV channel for a weather radar view, but I had to wait for the notice to go off. My cable box was frozen on that channel.
    Last edited by The Rover; 11.07.11 at 01:09 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    The first ever nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System will occur on Wednesday, November 9, at 2:00 p.m. EST. As part of our public education campaign, we wrote this open letter to ensure that all Americans are aware of the test and know what to expect.

http://blog.fema.gov/2011/11/open-le...ncy-alert.html

FEMA: "We Have Assumed Control..."

Earlier this year, when there was local severe weather emergency notice, I could not move off the cable channel I was on until the notice ended. I did want to go immediately to the local TV channel for a weather radar view, but I had to wait for the notice to go off. My cable box was frozen on that channel.
    Under Bush it was the "Terror Alert System" and now under Obama it's this shit.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:52 PM
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

Who knows.... Maybe.... they'll actually use it a year from now, right around election time, to say, because of --- civil unrest ? ? ?, the presidential election will be postponed, indefinitely.

Who knows ? ? ? ?

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Under Bush it was the "Terror Alert System" and now under Obama it's this shit.
    No. You're wrong. The old EBS system was antiquated. The old system required 24 hour supervision at each broadcast facility. In order to warn for storms, or other disasters, the primary alert station would trip the tv or radio station system, off air, but it required a person at each station to fire off that stations EBS alert.

The EAS system allows for the primary EAS station to trigger the system for all the stations in it's chain. It also allows for it to be tripped on a state or federal level, in case of a disaster. It was put in to operation during the Bush administration, but had been in the works since The Clinton administration.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

=VH=
    Favorite VH Song

=VH=
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 08:05 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

anybody notice the time and date...

9th day
    11th month
    02 pm

numbers go backwards and forwards of 11/9 2011

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

Default I woke up in a black FEMA box....

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 797 Times in 382 Posts

Premium Member

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:56 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Who knows.... Maybe.... they'll actually use it a year from now, right around election time, to say, because of --- civil unrest ? ? ?, the presidential election will be postponed, indefinitely.

Who knows ? ? ? ?

I suggested that to some co-workers in early September & got laughed out of the room. The next week, a senator from NC suggested it so people were focused on getting things done instead of re-election. The occupy stuff started getting visible about that time too.

TVH
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Who knows ? ? ? ?
    In 1968 there were riots and protests everyday almost and the election went off without a hitch.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.