Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.30.15 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Chickenfoot Nov 5, 2011 Chicago - Metro

The show was awesome! Would like to see a set list posted. It seemed like they performed about half from Chickenfoot I & half from III. The band was having a blast, which was contagious, everyone there seemed to really enjoy the show. Two songs notably missing IMO were Dubai Blues & Different Devil. Cannot believe they didn't do Different Devil - my favorite off III. I'm not sure, but I don't think I heard Last Temptation either. Future in the Past was awesome, as always, even if Sam did mess up the lyrics, it was still a blast.

Seeing Chickenfoot at such an intimate venue was so unbelievably cool, I am without words to describe it! NYC - you are in for a treat tomorrow, enjoy!

I am really becoming a huge fan of Joe Satriani - I am totally over hoping for a VH/Sammy reunion. There really is no need, for us die hard Sammy fans. This chickenfoot thing is too awesome!

Set list anyone?

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:16 PM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

Ive played the Metro before and it is a great venue!
    Would loved to have seen the foot there!
    How was the volume?
    They were way too loud in SF, they played the Warfield which is an old vaudeville theater turned rock club.

Im sure the set list has been the same every show, or close to it.
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Lighten Up
    Alright, Alright
    Big Foot
    Sexy Little Thing
    Soap on a Rope
    Up Next
    My Kinda Girl
    Down The Drain
    Come Closer
    Three and a Half Letters
    Something Going Wrong
    Turnin' Left
    Future In The Past

Oh Yeah
    Foxy Lady

They were playing "Last Temptation" after SOAR at the other shows so I don't know why they dropped it for Chicago. It was a great show (and really crowded at the Metro) but I was slightly disappointed they didn't play "Last Temptation," "Different Devil," or "Dubai Blues". And, again, while I had a great time, the show was only 1hr 50min (8:30-10:20p). I know on the last tour they were short on original material, but I'm not sure I understand what's wrong with playing a couple more songs for at least 2hrs, especially when you have so much great material now. "Dubai Blues" was sorely missed as I think it is the standout track on the new album.

That said, I don't want every one here to think I'm complaining. I am not. I had a great time! We all have our favorites and for me those three songs I mentioned were just my faves from the album I was looking forward to hearing.

And, while Kenny Aronoff is a great drummer and did very well, Chad is missed as he is an important dynamic of the live show since he is almost a second frontman. I look forward to seeing the Foot again in the future with Chad back on the stool banging on the skins and bantering with Sammy and the crowd between songs.

Last edited by Fontcow; 11.07.11 at 11:02 AM.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

03.29.12 @ 07:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The band sounded pretty good, but IMO Kenny played the stuff off the first album a little too slow. Overall I give them a solid "B".
    As for the sound, it was way too loud, and I had earplugs in. I was standing dead center with my back against the sound booth and all I could hear and feel was the kick drum and not until the last couple songs could I even make out some of the notes Mikey was playing.
    The Metro? I'm from Chicago and I've been to all of the little venues and I can't understand why they picked this place. I don't know how many tickets they sold but people were standing out in the hallway because they couldn't fit in. And by the end of the night it took effort to pry my feet off the floor because it was so sticky and nasty.
    I'm glad that I went to the show, but I don't know that I'll go to another road test if it's at the Metro.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    Chad is missed as he is an important dynamic of the live show since he is almost a second frontman. I look forward to seeing the Foot again in the future with Chad back on the stool banging on the skins and bantering with Sammy and the crowd between songs.
    This has always been my stance. Nothing against Kenny(a fine drummer)or any other drummer they may have chosen.

I'll go and I'm sure I will enjoy the show, but for me it will be like seeing VH again with Dave back-only to be missing Mike-I enjoyed myself immensely but....

It won't be the same.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Crosinor
    The Metro? I'm from Chicago and I've been to all of the little venues and I can't understand why they picked this place. I don't know how many tickets they sold but people were standing out in the hallway because they couldn't fit in. And by the end of the night it took effort to pry my feet off the floor because it was so sticky and nasty.
    I'm glad that I went to the show, but I don't know that I'll go to another road test if it's at the Metro.
    That was the deal breaker for me. The Metro is my least favorite venue here. It's pretty gross and way too small for Chickenfoot. That venue is good for local up and comers.

I think the Rosemont Theatre would have been ideal. It's bigger yet still intimate, very clean, tons of parking. Ive seen manny shows there, its perfect for smaller "big" shows.

Sounds like it was a killer show otherwise, Hopefully they'll come back and play a nicer venue.
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 11.08.11 at 04:23 AM.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 1,034 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    And, while Kenny Aronoff is a great drummer and did very well, Chad is missed as he is an important dynamic of the live show since he is almost a second frontman. I look forward to seeing the Foot again in the future with Chad back on the stool banging on the skins and bantering with Sammy and the crowd between songs.
    While I like Chad's playing better than Kenny's based on the videos I've seen, I actually find Chad's onstage persona somewhat annoying so I won't really miss his shtick. He's like that guy who is really funny in small doses but after about 10 minutes, you just wish he would shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by BlindtotheWorld; 11.08.11 at 10:38 AM.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I came out of hibernation to go to this show with Brian (Fontcow)!

This was my first time seeing the Foot (although I've seen Sammy and the Wabos and Sammy with VH many times). It was great! I love the Metro, and it was awesome to see Sammy and MA in a 1500-person venue. I don't consider Metro "gross" at all, but then again, I live in the city.

It's unbelievable that Sammy Hagar is 64 and still rocking. That's an inspiration. Satch sounded killer as well.

"Alright Alright" was probably my fave tune live, because of the classic MA backing vocals. The "I Need A Job" song resonated most with me, because I lost my job on Oct. 17. Womp womp. So it was totally awesome of Mr. Fontcow to offer the free ticket to me.

I've been to a LOT of shows at the Metro, and this one seemed the most crowded. I don't think any fire codes were broken...um...I guess Sammy fans must be fatter than the typical indie rock nerd that usually populates that place.
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 1,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

I am so glad they are still playing FITP, I LOVE that song.