Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:58 PM
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

Default VH at the Grammy's concert.

This bit has me confused.

For now, a Van Halen appearance has yet to be confirmed by the Recording Academy, although a press release issued on Thursday touted "a special, live announcement from a truly iconic group regarding their historic band reunion set to take place on the GRAMMY stage on Feb. 12, 2012."
    The Grammy nominations concert will air live on CBS from Los Angeles’ Nokia Theater. The 54th annual Grammy Awards are held at L.A.'s Staples Center and also broadcast on CBS.

So does it me VH will be there November 30th to make announcement that they will play live at the Awards on February 12 2012??????
    ITS 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

09.15.17 @ 08:03 AM
    Liked 1,395 Times in 441 Posts

How long until this thread degenerates... Tick-tick-tick-tick...
    Author of Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography. Available on The Official Van Halen Store website (*preferred seller*), Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, eBookShop.com, and iUniverse.com.

Official Van Halen Store link: http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/B60

VHND article: "Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography" Is a Must-Read http://www.vhnd.com/2011/11/10/edwar...s-a-must-read/

“I’m very excited, you know, to be makin’ music with my son, my brother, my new brother [Dave]… It’s, it’s the shit. That’s all I can say.”—Edward Van Halen, August 2007

Edward Van Halen: A Definitive Biography Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edw...61217513921920

VHLinks forum topic thread : http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/book...rd-t53329.html

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I read it that yes, on Nov 30th a band (Grammy tweets hint at VH) will announce that they will play on the Grammy Awards in Feb. 2012...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    I read it that yes, on Nov 30th a band (Grammy tweets hint at VH) will announce that they will play on the Grammy Awards in Feb. 2012...
    This is how I took it. Whoever it is, would show up on the nominations to say they would play at the Grammys. Well if it is VH, hopefully they can give a Grammy to Chickenfoot.

Last Online

02.06.15 @ 07:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Maybe it's the Steel Blowers?? Or maybe even Skynard Zombies??
    FULL TIME LURKER

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,125 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    This is how I took it. Whoever it is, would show up on the nominations to say they would play at the Grammys. Well if it is VH, hopefully they can give a Grammy to Chickenfoot.
    That would actually be awesome. Give them a chance to hug it out on stage, get a standing O and then maybe everyone could move on.

Not gonna happen, but it would almost be like a chance to reset from the Hall of Fame debacle.

As for the topic at hand, that is how I took at as well. I'm still stunned that Van Halen might play the Grammy's and Eddymon didn't start the thread. Kind of sad really. You were bound to be right eventually!
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    I can see it now... That is too funny!!!

Knowing the folks at the Grammy's and their irrelevance/incompetence, this is how it will go down...

VH: "...And the winner for best new artist goes to..."
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

54th annual Grammy Awards. Wow.

You know know your favorite band is old if the founding members are all older than the actual Grammy awards itself. My goodness.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Change View Post
    54th annual Grammy Awards. Wow.

You know know your favorite band is old if the founding members are all older than the actual Grammy awards itself. My goodness.
    Shit happens!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman

Okay, it looks like this thread is deteriorating a little in the last couple pages, but I just caught up reading it and I read something a few pages ago that I can't get past. Brett said something that really made me want to add my two cents about all the negative weirdness that comes out of the same people on this site ad nauseam.

Granted, 1978-1996 were the BEST years. But besides those years, some great stuff happened in '98 (the tour) and 2004, and especially 2007-2008. Sure, the last 12 years have contained many years when the band was doing nothing publicly.... they were for the most part retired.

But to say "The last 12 years haven't been fun at all" as a VH fan??

Wow, there are truly people who look at things differently. The glass is "half full" or "half empty" indeed!

I can't even begin to even possibly describe - let alone even remember - all the fun I have had being a fan the last 12 years. I have gotten so much fun out of this band in the last 12 years it's unbelievable.

Seen a bunch of 2004 shows... had a absolutely great time at every one! And the last tour? Seem several of those shows, and they were some of the best concerts I've ever seen in my life. (And I've see a fuck-ton of concerts in my day!)

All the live VH bootlegs I've enjoyed listening to & watching in the last 12 years?? Hundreds & hundreds of amazing hours. Incredible stuff!

Neil Zlozower's photos books, ALL the other VH books that have come out, all the time checking out and adding to my VH collection of stuff that dates back to the club days... these are things I enjoy immensely and will continue to enjoy forever.

Every new discovery of unearthed footage or audio that has hit youtube... and that's only been 5 years so far.

EVERY single thing that I've enjoyed that Sammy & Mike have done in the last 15 years, and everything single thing that Chickenfoot has done - we owe it all to Van Halen and being Van Halen fans, because if Sammy was never a part of Van Halen, NONE of that stuff would have happened!

My annual vacations to Cabo all happened because of Van Halen. If no VH, then no Cabo Wabo Cantina, no tequila, no annual birthday bash, no dozens & dozens of great friends that my wife & I have made from going there.

And here's something that at least ALL the VHLinks regulars can relate to... every single time you have enjoyed this website, or enjoyed being on ANY VH-related website, or enjoyed reading ANY VH-related story, you owe it all to being a VH fan these last 12 years.

Every time a VH song comes on the radio and makes me smile. Sometimes it's so new and fresh sounding that it hits me like it's one of the first few times I ever heard it, and I just have to crank it up and revel in it. It does something to you. It's a spiritual thing. Van Halen is so magical that sometimes it STILL gives me goosebumps, even on the thousandth listen!

Every time I throw on a cozy old VH shirt I feel like a teenager. And every time I wear those striped flip flops or shoes...LOL...Love it!!

Or every time my wife wears on old vintage VH shirt... she loves it too!

And that's ALL just from being a fan for just the last 12 years.

And as for the future... things are about to explode and it's going to be nothing less than KICK ASS! 2012 will be the biggest VH year in MANY years. I'm even super excited just for the VHND site alone... I have a mountain of material for the VHND that people will absolutely love.... so much that it overwhelms me. It will take several years to put it all on there!

I know I think differently than a lot of people here. There are many people on this site who are always complaining about the band. They seem miserable. The "glass is always half empty" people. I truly do not understand these people. At all.

But maybe it's not "many" people. maybe it's just the same 3 or 4 people that post thousands of times.

But anyway, if people who are STILL upset that Mike is not in the band, or are still miserable about whatever, let it go. These people remind me of one of my favorite quotes... "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be".

Great post Jeff (and that's why I re-posted it from the closed thread).
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

This thread is already on double secret probation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    This thread is already on double secret probation.
    Aren't they all.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:20 AM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

If they play at the Grammys, I wonder if they will pipe in the background vocals.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Aren't they all.
    I can only speak for the all out mostly worthless threads in main lately. It's become a pus filled boil on the ass of the links.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]