Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Vatican calls for global public authority and a central world bank

The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a global public authority and a central world bank to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises.

The document from the Vaticans Justice and Peace department should please the Occupy Wall Street demonstrators and similar movements around the world who have protested against the economic downturn.

Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of a Global Public Authority, was at times very specific, calling, for example, for taxation measures on financial transactions. The economic and financial crisis which the world is going through calls everyone, individuals and peoples, to examine in depth the principles and the cultural and moral values at the basis of social coexistence, it said.

It condemned what it called the idolatry of the market as well as a neo-liberal thinking that it said looked exclusively at technical solutions to economic problems. In fact, the crisis has revealed behaviours like selfishness, collective greed and hoarding of goods on a great scale, it said, adding that world economics needed an ethic of solidarity among rich and poor nations.

If no solutions are found to the various forms of injustice, the negative effects that will follow on the social, political and economic level will be destined to create a climate of growing hostility and even violence, and ultimately undermine the very foundations of democratic institutions, even the ones considered most solid, it said.

It called for the establishment of a supranational authority with worldwide scope and universal jurisdiction to guide economic policies and decisions.

Asked at a news conference if the document could become a manifesto for the movement of the indignant ones, who have criticised global economic policies, Cardinal Peter Turkson, head of the Vaticans Justice and Peace department, said: The people on Wall Street need to sit down and go through a process of discernment and see whether their role managing the finances of the world is actually serving the interests of humanity and the common good. We are calling for all these bodies and organisations to sit down and do a little bit of re-thinking.

SOURCE:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/1...7LO1LS20111024
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

NO FUCKIN WAY.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,061 Times in 8,926 Posts

Well, thank God we have the Vatican to help us out of our financial problems.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

The mark of the beast shouldn't be too far behind then. "One world government with one world bank"....what stupid fucking idea. To even verbalize such a thing shows how fucked in the head the vatican is.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 6,667 Times in 3,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    The mark of the beast shouldn't be too far behind then. "One world government with one world bank"....what stupid fucking idea. To even verbalize such a thing shows how fucked in the head the vatican is.
    not at all true. One could argue that the one world bank already exists (the IMF). And one well run central bank would not be the worst idea in the world. The Vatican's plan would work beautifully in a world in which people get along. Sadly, we don't live in that place.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    not at all true. One could argue that the one world bank already exists (the IMF). And one well run central bank would not be the worst idea in the world. The Vatican's plan would work beautifully in a world in which people get along. Sadly, we don't live in that place.
    Hence the reason God warns of this as a sign of the Devil trying to align the masses against him. A chip in humans would destroy crime, illegal immigration, kidnapping, drug trade, all illegal monetary transactions, etc. but that would of course take away our freewill and in the hands of this "one world government", anyone who believes in God after a certain date could be destroyed as well.
    Some interesting things in the book of Revelations but some very scary propostions as well.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Hence the reason God warns of this as a sign of the Devil trying to align the masses against him. A chip in humans would destroy crime, illegal immigration, kidnapping, drug trade, all illegal monetary transactions, etc. but that would of course take away our freewill and in the hands of this "one world government", anyone who believes in God after a certain date could be destroyed as well.
    Some interesting things in the book of Revelations but some very scary propostions as well.
    huh?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

[QUOTE=It's Mike;1405329]huh?[/QUOTE
    Don't happen to have a Bible handy and obviously that is paraphrased so I will have to get the actual Scriptures in relation to these topics later.
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

[QUOTE=Dick Punch;1405330]
    huh?[/QUOTE
    Don't happen to have a Bible handy and obviously that is paraphrased so I will have to get the actual Scriptures in relation to these topics later.
    i know the book rather well. I just wonder how you read an article from the church saying that a central bank would be a good idea and take that to mean that we'll all have chips put into us to trace our actions.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

[QUOTE=It's Mike;1405333]

i know the book rather well. I just wonder how you read an article from the church saying that a central bank would be a good idea and take that to mean that we'll all have chips put into us to trace our actions.
    Simply, a single world government is who will be the ones to administer "the mark of the beast". Being that the Vatican is the new Roman empire, I should think you would connect the dots quite simply...
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Simply, a single world government is who will be the ones to administer "the mark of the beast". Being that the Vatican is the new Roman empire, I should think you would connect the dots quite simply...
    I think you might be reaching some my friend.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

How about bringing back the Templars Banking system. Oh wait isnt that Goldman-Sachs...lol
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

The Vatican's plan would work beautifully in a world in which people get along. Sadly, we don't live in that place.
    This ^

I think that people are very mistaken about the Vatican being the revived Roman Empire. That idea simply does not hold up against scripture and the word of Jesus Christ.
    I might argue though that the European Union could very well be the revived Roman Empire spoken of in the Book of Revelation.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 10.24.11 at 02:54 PM.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,061 Times in 8,926 Posts

The Catholic Church's official policy for years on child abuse was "let's just move the priest to another parish".

Having the Vatican with anything to do with the world financial system is a joke. I think they lost any moral authority they had a LONG time ago.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!