Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Default Anyone here play Wampler pedals?

I've done a lot of research into the Pinnacle and now the new SLOstortion from Wampler. Anyone use one of these pedals? They seem great, almost too good to be true. For little more than $200 one of these might suit me just fine. I've already got most of the effects I will ever need, and one of these would look good on my pedal board instead of going for another modeller. I'm just wondering if they really are as good as what I've seen from the Youtube clips.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Depends VH1- F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many of them top pick
    Last Online

08.09.12 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Wampler Pinnacle was excellent, had it about 1 year and so, unfortunately had to part ways with it, because my poor mans Soldano JCA50 H didn´t get along with it. The pedal has rich dynamics, endless amount of gain with the boost on. Blackstar HT5+ wampler pinnacle was like Ed tone from 78-90. Definetly recommendable pedal and holds it value too.

Only minor issue is that it seems to take the low end from the amp, not drastically, but it does take some. Might be the amp though. Good luck with your quest for tone searching

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 2,858 Times in 1,069 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I've heard people get amazing tones out of the Wampler Pinnacle. I bought one for playing out, when I would use house amps. Kept it for about two weeks and then sold it. I got great tones out of it, but I just couldn't justify the $$ for the Pinnacle when I have a 5150 III sitting at home.

I currently use both a Wampler Ego Compressor and Paisley Drive. Absolutely love them. Highly recommended.

Favorite VH Album

All of them. except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Six Pack
    Last Online

09.09.13 @ 02:35 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I find that the Pinnacle sounds best when plugged into a clear loud transparent Fender Twin type tube amp. Its when it really comes into its own. It's almost like how Ed would crank the marshall into a a load box then harmonizer and delay, and then back into the power amps and then speakers, except the Pinnacle is the marshall type pedal, and the Twin acts as the clean Transparent power amps.

Comes pretty close, i think. I kind of hate how it sounds with my Peavey Vypyr Tube out here at school. Will probably try to get a 5150 III 50 watt in december when I go home.