Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Herman Cain - Very confused!

This is not just a one-off slip of the tongue. I have heard him now on 3 shows spouting this very strange and confused stance on abortion.

First he says NO to all abortion, but then says that it is a woman's choice.
    Then he says we must protect life from conception, no exceptions, but then says that government cannot make that choice for a women.
    Then when asked to clarify this obviously confused position then he says "no abortions EVER", and looks at the host like he's an idiot. LOL

Then he does it again here! WTF?? :

He has done this sort of thing on several issues now.
    I never thought that this guy was presidential material. But this is just silly. Serious inability to reason logically about things. Scary to think that this illogical mind could be sitting in the Oval Office.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

But I thought the GOP was the party that wanted government 'out of our lives'. Does that not also include a woman's uterus?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default 999 motherf%#kers!!

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    But I thought the GOP was the party that wanted government 'out of our lives'. Does that not also include a woman's uterus?
    LOL Scum. Mr. Kneejerk. You are completely missing the point. Did you watch the videos? This is not a republican vs democrat issue. This is a very confused man running for president issue.

Cain's glib confusion on just about everything

For a while during Tuesday's Republican debate, it wasn't clear if Herman Cain was running for president of the United States or the Fruit Vendors Association. Responding to a criticism of his 9-9-9 tax plan, Cain said: "This is an example of mixing apples and oranges. The state tax is an apple. We are replacing the current tax code with oranges."

When more criticisms came, he again took refuge in the produce aisle. Cain was not taking a position on apples, but he was stoutly in favor of oranges, and he was adamant that they should never be placed in the same bag.

What the exchanges revealed is that Cain lacks a flair for metaphor as well as a working grasp of his own platform. He emphatically denied the charge that his 9 percent business levy would function as a value-added tax. But the analysis commissioned by his own campaign, which he urged everyone to read, takes a somewhat different view.

"Each business would pay tax on gross receipts less payments to other businesses," it explains. "Allowing the subtraction of payments for intermediate goods yields the value added by the company. Subtracting investment as well yields a subtraction method value-added tax (emphasis added)."

Obviously, the Herminator has managed to avoid contact with the most basic facts about his own tax plan. He describes it in terms that even his own advisers reject. And he exhibits no curiosity about what it contains. Cain brings to mind basketball great Charles Barkley, who complained of being misquoted — in his autobiography.

The danger of anyone becoming president without any political experience is not just that he doesn't know many things, but that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. Cain has an additional problem: He doesn't know what he thinks.

Not that he is bashful or tentative in expressing his opinions. On the contrary, he is all blunt candor and glib certitude. The problem comes only afterward, when he has to take responsibility for what he said.

He stated that he would not appoint any Muslim to his Cabinet or to the federal bench. Then he said he meant only Muslim "extremists." He said, in a tone of complete seriousness, that he would put up a fence along the Mexican border to electrocute intruders. He then claimed he was only joking.

He said he could imagine exchanging all the inmates in Guantanamo to win the release of a single American soldier. Then he claimed he "misspoke."

Cain refused to disclose what policy he would follow in Afghanistan on the ground that "there is obviously a lot of classified information to which I do not have access." That lack of information did not stop him from opposing this year's U.S. military withdrawal from Iraq — though, in all fairness, he may not realize the pullout was agreed to by President George W. Bush.

His latest bit of inadvertent newsmaking came when CNN's Piers Morgan asked him about abortion. Cain replied that "it's not the government's role or anybody else's role to make that decision. … So what I'm saying is it ultimately gets down to a choice that that family or that mother has to make."

It's a perfect expression of party sentiment on the subject of abortion — Democratic Party sentiment. Cain doesn't seem to comprehend that this position would automatically disqualify him from the Republican nomination.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum did realize it, asserting that "Herman's pro-choice position is similar to those held by John Kerry, Barack Obama and many others on the liberal left."

But then, Cain doesn't seem to realize what his position on abortion is. In an earlier interview, he insisted, "I don't think government should make that decision," while saying, "I'm pro-life from conception" and "abortion should not be legal."

He says that two plus two equals four and then says it equals five and then says he is being perfectly consistent. What's more, he actually seems to believe it. At least until he is forced to backtrack in a fog of confusion.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...,1073799.story
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 10.21.11 at 09:39 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I didn't say it was a Repub vs Demo issue. I didn't mention democrats at all, as a matter of fact.

I'm simply calling to attention one of the cornerstones of the GOP philosophy as stated by the party itself. When last I checked, Herman Cain was running on the republican ticket.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

^ ^

Right. You were implying that republicans are hypocrites because they are against financial regulation, or a so-called "nanny state", for example, yet they wish to regulate a woman's uterus since they are generally against abortion. Again, that is not what this is about. This is about a very confused man who is running for president, who constantly contradicts himself from one sentence to the next.

But of course, if Herman Cain is purely "pro-choice" then yes he will have trouble running on the GOP ticket. That is obvious.
    The problem is however that nobody knows what his position is, least of all Herman Cain it appears, as he contradicts himself from one sentence to the next. Hence, the topic of this thread.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 10.22.11 at 01:13 AM.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Yes he does seem confused quite a bit of the time. He's no politician, which I guess is what attracts him to alot of people.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am not sticking up for Cain! Let me make this very clear. I am against Abortion! I believe that there shouldn't be doctor's that take a life. BUT, as of right now, women have a right to Pro-choice! That I have to respect. I may not like it. It is the law.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

it sounds like he's just saying (in a very confused way) that he is personally against abortion in all circumstances but that he won't get in the way of a woman making the decision to have one. This probably mirrors the opinion of many.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    it sounds like he's just saying (in a very confused way) that he is personally against abortion in all circumstances but that he won't get in the way of a woman making the decision to have one. This probably mirrors the opinion of many.
    If he wants to be taken seriously as a possible president he should be able to explain himself more clearly.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Exactly ^

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    This may be the case, but then A. He really has no business running on the GOP ticket and is sabotaging any chance of that happening, and B. with such an obvious inability to articulate his thoughts (as demonstrated time and time again on issue after issue) then he has absolutely no business being president. None whatsoever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Exactly ^

This may be the case, but then A. He really has no business running on the GOP ticket and is sabotaging any chance of that happening, and B. with such an obvious inability to articulate his thoughts (as demonstrated time and time again on issue after issue) then he has absolutely no business being president. None whatsoever.

yeah, I think that was the point LL was making when you attacked him

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    yeah, I think that was the point LL was making when you attacked him
    Actually, Daisy. From his initial statement quoted below, it sounds like he is implying that since the GOP wants govt "out of our lives" then they should therefor also keep their hands/policy off of a woman's uterus, i.e. her "right" to choose life or death for her unborn child.
    It appears that Scum was expressing how he felt that the Reps are hypocrites for being 'pro-life'.

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

Whatever he won't win anyway with a pro-life stance. So he may as well just say he's pro-choice.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

He's just trying to have it both ways. Rick Perry's done the same thing with federal power versus states' rights.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Actually, Daisy. From his initial statement quoted below, it sounds like he is implying that since the GOP wants govt "out of our lives" then they should therefor also keep their hands/policy off of a woman's uterus, i.e. her "right" to choose life or death for her unborn child.
    It appears that Scum was expressing how he felt that the Reps are hypocrites for being 'pro-life'.
    see, that's how you interpreted it but that's not how I interpreted it.

nevertheless, in my response to you, I was referring to the way you take a discussion about policies and news events and turn them into personal attacks. kind of a knee jerk reaction on your part. That does not make for good conversation.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.