Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Zakk was on Eddie Trunk's show tonight, shootin' the shit...
    VH came up and there was no talk about cancer or what's going on right now besides the fact that they are no longer with WB. Trunk said the band is saying they asked for a split, which WB gladly gave them. (Not sure where he got this from)
    Zakk chimed in and said something to the effect that dropping VH is insane and went on and on about EVH like I usually do - all about his talent, what he means to the guitar community, how nice a guy he is, etc..

Anyway, Zakk told this story about he was in Japan during the VH3 tour and Ed invited him to one of the Budakan shows. Zak, who never got the chance to see VH with DLR or Hagar, said it was an amazing show and how Gary was cool and the band was phenomenal live, etc.....

BUT, the funny part was the aftershow story..

In the 4 Seasons Hotel, Zakk was drinking at the bar with the VH road crew... He called EVH in his room and invited him down.. Ed comes down and, according to Zakk, starts doing Kamikaze shots with everyone, getting crazy and loaded and having fun.

Then Ed says he needs to go to the can... Zakk says he has to as well, and then all of a sudden Ed jumps on Zakk's shoulders and begins punching Zakk in the head when he passes a huge chandelier cause Ed wants to light his cigarette on it..

It's a really wacky story but Zakk was really funny in the way he told it..

I found it a little disturbing that Ed was loaded on the tour where he was supposed to be clean and sober, but I suppose you can't expect anything better from a lifetime alchoholic on a world tour. Just another sad testament to addiction.. Be that as it may, the image of EVH on Wylde's shoulders, punching him in the head, is pretty insane...

Anyone else hear the show? I only heard this excerpt - not sure if they had anything else to say regarding the state of the band.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL!..Except "Loss of Control"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VanEdge:
    [QB]Zakk was on Eddie Trunk's show tonight, shootin' the shit...
    Anyway, Zakk told this story about he was in Japan during the VH3 tour and Ed invited him to one of the Budakan shows. Zak, who never got the chance to see VH with DLR or Hagar, said it was an amazing show and how Gary was cool and the band was phenomenal live, etc.....
    QB]
    Van Halen never played at The Budokan while on tour in Japan, particularly Tokyo, in 1998.

The only venue they played in Tokyo was at The Tokyo Dome, 3 consecutive nights.

The Budokan and The Tokyo Dome are 2 entirely different arenas.
    "Are you the guy with the Van Halen tickets?"<br /><br />"I might be....."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Maybe Zak was drunk and thought Eddie was there.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.21.13 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Damone:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VanEdge:
    QB]
    Van Halen never played at The Budokan while on tour in Japan, particularly Tokyo, in 1998.

The only venue they played in Tokyo was at The Tokyo Dome, 3 consecutive nights.

</font>[/QUOTE]Van Halen played 3 shows at the Budokan in 1998.

http://www.vhnd.net/98tour/index.shtml

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by VHND:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike Damone:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VanEdge:
    QB]

</font>[/QUOTE]Van Halen played 3 shows at the Budokan in 1998.

http://www.vhnd.net/98tour/index.shtml
    </font>[/QUOTE]You tell em GRANT!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by VanEdge:
    VH came up and there was no talk about cancer or what's going on right now besides the fact that they are no longer with WB. Trunk said the band is saying they asked for a split, which WB gladly gave them. (Not sure where he got this from)
    Zakk chimed in and said something to the effect that dropping VH is insane and went on and on about EVH like I usually do - all about his talent, what he means to the guitar community, how nice a guy he is, etc..

In the 4 Seasons Hotel, Zakk was drinking at the bar with the VH road crew... He called EVH in his room and invited him down.. Ed comes down and, according to Zakk, starts doing Kamikaze shots with everyone, getting crazy and loaded and having fun.

Then Ed says he needs to go to the can... Zakk says he has to as well, and then all of a sudden Ed jumps on Zakk's shoulders and begins punching Zakk in the head when he passes a huge chandelier cause Ed wants to light his cigarette on it..

I found it a little disturbing that Ed was loaded on the tour where he was supposed to be clean and sober, but I suppose you can't expect anything better from a lifetime alchoholic on a world tour. Just another sad testament to addiction.. Be that as it may, the image of EVH on Wylde's shoulders, punching him in the head, is pretty insane...

Anyone else hear the show? I only heard this excerpt - not sure if they had anything else to say regarding the state of the band.
    Yo Van Edge, I heard Zakk on Eddie Trunk last night between 1am and 2am when I was driving from North Jersey to New Brunswick. Man, he is always hilarious and fucking kool as hell in interviews!!!! I missed the Eddie VH story but thanks!!!!! Zakk always gives mad props to his two guitar heroes Randy and EVH, he also mentioned a couple of guys I sort of knew, Kenny Dubman(Prophet, Edgar Cayce) and Dave Dipetro(TT QUICK, Big Richard), who are kick ass guitarists that were also teachers of Zakk's!!!

Nothing else was stated about VH...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    [/qb]
    Yo Van Edge, I heard Zakk on Eddie Trunk last night between 1am and 2am when I was driving from North Jersey to New Brunswick. Man, he is always hilarious and fucking kool as hell in interviews!!!! I missed the Eddie VH story but thanks!!!!! Zakk always gives mad props to his two guitar heroes Randy and EVH, he also mentioned a couple of guys I sort of knew, Kenny Dubman(Prophet, Edgar Cayce) and Dave Dipetro(TT QUICK, Big Richard), who are kick ass guitarists that were also teachers of Zakk's!!!

Nothing else was stated about VH...[/QB][/QUOTE]

cool man.
    thanks.
    yeah, zakk is a funny S.O.B. i always get a kick outta his stories.
    i wish i could have taped this one, it was hilarious.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

I would of loved to seen Eddie on Zack's shoulder. That would be funny as hell.
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*edit*
    Last edited by Berseker; 05.24.06 at 03:37 PM.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanEdge

I thought "What ever happens in Budokan, stays in Budokan?"...

Favorite VH Album

All of them not titled III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, 5150
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocker
    I would of loved to seen Eddie on Zack's shoulder. That would be funny as hell.
    ...on the way to the can. That's classic.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Wow, a thread from 2002.

Banned!
    Last Online

07.14.06 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanEdge

Eddie is a complete joke as a human being. The guy was obviousally never sober and never will be. Retards get drunk all the time. What a pity. The beer must be when he got the idea's for Ballot or the Bullet or How Many Say I?
    Last edited by halenfan25; 05.24.06 at 08:19 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockygotfingered
    Wow, a thread from 2002.
    Is it any different now? Besides no contract that is?
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

for Zakk, it would be a cool story.. for us here.. we 're way to critical of Ed to enjoy it...
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.