Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muammar Qaddafi

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Muammar Qaddafi

SIRTE, Libya – Libyan strongman Muammar Qaddafi has been captured, a Transitional National Council military commander said Thursday.

"He has been captured. He is badly wounded, but he is still breathing," Mohamed Leith told AFP, adding that he saw Qaddafi himself and that he was wearing a khaki uniform and a turban.

Qaddafi was said to be wounded in both legs, according to Reuters, which said he was detained near Sirte.

Libyan TV channel Libya lil Ahrar also said that he was in custody.

However, the TNC's UK spokesman, Mahmoud Nacua, warned that there was "not enough information" to confirm Qaddafi's capture, and a former TNC spokesman in Britain, Guma al Gamati told Sky News that "this is not confirmed."

Sirte, Qaddafi's hometown and the last bastion of his supporters, was the last holdout against TNC forces. The town's capture, which both military officials and new regime political sources said was expected later Thursday, would pave the way for the TNC to officially take control of Libya and move its headquarters away from its Benghazi stronghold in the east to the capital, Tripoli.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Muammar Gaddafi killed in air strike trying to escape Sirte
    By REUTERS

Former Libyan leader was trying to flee his hometown when NATO warplanes attacked his convoy; he was wounded in the strike, captured by NTC forces, and died of his wounds.

Former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi died of wounds suffered in his capture near his hometown of Sirte on Thursday, a senior NTC military official said.

National Transitional Council official Abdel Majid Mlegta told Reuters earlier that Gaddafi was captured and wounded in both legs at dawn on Thursday as he tried to flee in a convoy which NATO warplanes attacked.

"He was also hit in his head," the official said. "There was a lot of firing against his group and he died."

There was no independent confirmation of his remarks.

Reports of Gaddafi's capture and death came after a Libyan transitional forces commander said Moussa Ibrahim, former spokesman for Muammar Gaddafi's fallen government, was captured near the city of Sirte on Thursday.

Abdul Hakim Al Jalil, commander of the 11th brigade, also said he had seen the body of the chief of Gaddafi's armed forces, Abu Bakr Younus Jabr.

"I've seen him with my own eyes," he said and showed Reuters a picture of Jabr's body. "Moussa Ibrahim was also captured and both of them were transferred to (our) operations room."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

One less to worry about...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Now another government will take over, create issues with the US again and we start the process all over again.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

A cell phone photo (WARNING: Graphic content) distributed by French news service AFP purports to show Qaddafi after his capture

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10...ommander-says/

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 6,827 Times in 3,569 Posts

Premium Member

GENERALISSIMO FRANCISCO FRANCO IS STILL DEAD!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Who's Next?

Muammar Gaddafi killed: Footage shows Gaddafi's bloodied body

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Next asshole up!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

In other breaking news, it will be reported that dozens of Libyan civilians were also killed when the bullets from all of the AK-47 celebratory gunfire came back down to earth... Don't these rebel types ever learn? "We shoot into sky, and bullets they go to outer space".

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 6,678 Times in 3,703 Posts

we help keep him in power and is a friend of the west for a number of years and then we help lead the search to kill me. I don't understand some things in the world.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    we help keep him in power and is a friend of the west for a number of years and then we help lead the search to kill me. I don't understand some things in the world.
    My Dad told me years ago that when a buddy is constantly patting you on the back he is really looking for the soft spot to stick the knife. Governments are exceptional at this.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Yep. Enemy. Friend. Enemy. etc

Right now, I would like to ask Tony Blair a question or two.

Forget it. The news says he was a bad guy. People just love revenge. At this moment.

Fuck it. Oil is important and expensive, I get it. Hereby I depart from from the human race and popular thinking.

Fuck. I hate despots. Problem is, I hate those that make and break friends with them too.

I guess I'm stuck.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:04 AM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Default Lame

Really fucked up. Qaddafi was absolutely ZERO threat to the US & Libya's neighboring states, and our president executes a campaign in Libya to assassinate him.
    Just over a year ago the people of Iran stood up against their leaders, who are the greatest threat in the middle east, and our president openly abandons them and lets those tyrant leaders kill those people in the streets.
    Also, a wholesale slaughter 50x that of anything Qaddafi ever did has been raging against the people of Syria by their leader Assad for many months now, several thousand civilians slaughtered, and we won't even acknowledge it. Maybe it's not our business, but Libya sure as hell wasn't our business. Libya was just easy pickings, and a great opportunity for American and allied contractors to get filthy rich once Qaddafi was conveniently exterminated. Cowardly. This from the the same president who also threw our ally Mubarak under the bus just a few months ago in Egypt, where today violence and oppression and blatant antisemitism has taken over and Christians are being killed today in the streets. Sickening. Way to go America. Let freedom ring. What a crock of shit.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

At 2pm EST Obama will have a news conference...

So, how many minutes into the the news conference will there be before we hear " I " and or " MY " / " MYSELF " ??