Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Biden Warns of More Rapes and Murders if Jobs Bill Not Passed

In Flint, Michigan this week, Vice President Joe Biden seemed to resort to scare tactics in trying to rally support for the President’s jobs bill.

How?

He suggested that more rapes and murders could occur if the legislation is not passed.

“In 2008, when Flint had 265 sworn officers on their police force, there were 35 murders and 91 rapes in this city,” the vice president said. “In 2010, when Flint had only 144 police officers, the murder rate climbed to 65 and rapes–just to pick two categories–climbed to 229. In 2011, you now only have 125 shields. God only knows what the numbers will be this year for Flint if we don’t rectify it.”

The jobs bill equals saving police and fire jobs. Thus, pass this bill or you could get raped and/or murdered? That seems to be the new angle.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/scar...ll-not-passed/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

F these communists in office. I mean Obama doesn't belong near anything like the Oval office but fucking Biden doesn't even belong near a desk!
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

How about they stop sinking dollars into useless bus/rail lines and other bullshit infrastructure programs and start putting it towards law enforcement. Problem solved.

Oh yeah, and way to scare/guilt people into approving another useless waste of taxpayer money.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.23.13 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unless Biden is planning on carrying out the raping and murdering to prove his point...all kidding aside, wtf? Like, seriously?

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Joe and Sarah need to breed.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 18,196 Times in 8,990 Posts

There is a little thing that members of both parties are missing.

Reality. They don't seem to be able to grasp basic macro economics.

We have a huge debt, 14 trillion and climbing. It is no longer just a fiscal liability, it is a National Security issue at this point.

We currently borrow roughly 40% of every dollar we spend. That is unsustainable.

Yes, we could use more teachers, more police officers, etc. Yet, that costs money, and we are already up to our eyeballs in debt and deficits at the national, state and local levels. So, how do we pay for it?

Tax the rich cannot be the only solution.

Here's my idea, and this is just shooting from the hip, they may not be worth while in the end, but I think we can at least look at it. Six quick ideas to help fix the economy.

1) Close all our foreign military bases. All of them. We don't need them. I am tired of us being the international police officer, all it has gotten us is a pile of debt and everybody hating our guts. You may say "wait, how about poor South Korea, how will they defend themselves from that nut job?" Fine, we'll stay, if you pay us for the cost. Otherwise, spend the money on your own military. Germany is a big boy, they can take care of themselves too, if they are that scared of Russia, they'll pay up.

2) Stop all non-humanitarian foreign aid. All of it. The fact that we borrow money to give to someone else is mind boggling! Who does that? Let them borrow the money directly themselves, why should we be the middle man and be responsible for paying it back and paying the interest.

3) Raise taxes. Has to be done, sorry Tea Party, but the hole is too fucking big, and no offense meant, but a large part of the damage was done on the Republicans watch, so suck it. No person making $500K a year went bankrupt because the top bracket was 39.6% instead of 35%. And the whole line about they won't hire anyone anymore? Please, does anyone really buy that?

4) Social Security. Lots to do here. A) Quit dipping into it. I think LBJ was the first, and it has continued ever since. Make a true Social Security Trust Fund. The 12.4% in trust fund taxes that is paid now on every paycheck up tor $106,800, put it in the Fund, not the general treasury. Benefits and administration is paid for out of the funds, period. No IOU's from the US Treasury. B) Raise the benefits age or raise the tax or eliminate the ceiling. It wasn't designed originally to have people drawing on it for thirty years, and it wasn't designed for the baby boomer retirement.

4) Stop doing business with countries that institute slave labor. Ok, the cost of our TV's and mobile phones go up. Well, that is the price you pay for actually having a working class in your country. I am not saying slap a 50% tariff on China immediately, there are ways to ease into it. But how are we supposed to compete with a country that intentionally deflates its currency and has slave labor? We can't, that's how.

5) We already have Bush's Medicare Prescription Plan that isn't paid for and we now have Obamacare that isn't paid for. No more entitlement programs. Period. We need to get people off of the government tit, not more on it. You have promised SS, Medicare and Health Care coverage, so you can't back out of it, but no more. If I hear we are going to pay for it through "government efficiency" one more time I am going to scream.

5) End corporate entitlements. Now. All of them. The fact that we give oil companies money, when they are setting record profits each quarter puts my teeth on edge.

6) End the corporate tax exemption for multi-nationals. Maybe our corporate rate is uncompetively high in comparison to other nations. If it is, lower it, but damn, make them pay fucking taxes. The fact that they can have their profits sit in Switzerland and never pay taxes on it is mind numbing. GE had $5.1 BILLION in profits last year and paid zero in US Income Taxes. That my friends, is what I like to call bullshit.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Also stop the useless funding to states for their pet projects. Here in CT the Governor wants to build a bus route between 2 of our major cities at a cost of $600 million dollars with the projected up keep to be in the millions every year. Our elected official argue that if we don't use the money the fed is offering they'll just give it to another state. We are getting it because Florida turned it down. It just pisses me off that they don't get it. The $$$ isn't even there to spend, yet they want to and say they need to because it will create jobs. Never mind that nobody will be riding this fuckin thing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:04 AM
    Liked 4,811 Times in 2,456 Posts

Premium Member

Biden should have had Antoine Dodson if he wants to talk about rape. I guess if we don't pass the Jobs bill we better start locking the windows.

It will be great to see Biden debate somebody a bit more intelligent than Palin in 2012.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    F these communists in office. I mean Obama doesn't belong near anything like the Oval office but fucking Biden doesn't even belong near a desk!
    Kinda reminds me of how the terror alert was raised every 2 weeks after 9/11, huh?

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Democrats have had Congress since 2006 and the Pres since 2008, with a huge majority. It's time to leave Bush out of it, unless of course you have no other valid arguments.

Little Dreamer HankWilliamsJrJr's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Lovin You
    Last Online

11.10.11 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am so tired of these scare tactics pushed by the Democrat party. "Pass this bill or else!!" This is hostage taking, and I as a conservative will never support a politician who engages in such vile behavior.

And for anyone who mentions "Bush did this, Bush did that", yeah, its been a long time since he's been in office, so leave him out of it. Besides, the Democrats had more to do with the bad economy then him anyway when they took over the Congress way back in 2006. I'm talking about Chris Dodd and Barney Frank and Fannie and Freddie and all them who caused the banking crisis.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

No... Bush isn't going to be left out of it. Just as Obama will not be left out of 10 years from now. In 10 years we will still be talking about how bad Obama was. And he's done plenty enough to earn the label. Regardless, even if Obama brought something good to the table the Republicans would fight him on it because they said along time ago that their number one goal was to make him a one term president. I don't expect any of these guys to give us any real solutions.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Also stop the useless funding to states for their pet projects. Here in CT the Governor wants to build a bus route between 2 of our major cities at a cost of $600 million dollars with the projected up keep to be in the millions every year. Our elected official argue that if we don't use the money the fed is offering they'll just give it to another state. We are getting it because Florida turned it down. It just pisses me off that they don't get it. The $$$ isn't even there to spend, yet they want to and say they need to because it will create jobs. Never mind that nobody will be riding this fuckin thing.
    Hey sickman! How was your Governor of CT retro-deducted paycheck this week? Mine was $262 lighter...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Hey sickman! How was your Governor of CT retro-deducted paycheck this week? Mine was $262 lighter...
    Oh, don't get me started.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Oh, don't get me started.