Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

Default Woman Files Lawsuit Over ‘Misleading’ Trailer for Drive

http://gawker.com/5847970/woman-file...iler-for-drive

My god. It's inspired by film noir and not Fast in the Furious you idiot. The general public has officially become addicted to the most stupid shit that Hollywood throws at them. There isn't room for anything else anymore with people today.

And that's not even the biggest issue. Suing people over a movie you didn't like? My god.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

Um I like the Fast and Furious movies too, but it was pretty obvious that's not what it was. Shit I said it seemed just like 70's movie "The Driver" with Ryan O'Neal and I figured that out from the trailer alone.

People are ridiculous. I didn't like the movie so I'm going to sue because the trailer didn't make it PERFECTLY obvious to a complete idiot what the movie was going to be like exactly?

What a world.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

So you're suggesting that I don't go forward with my lawsuit against "Avatar" for not living up to its hype?
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    So you're suggesting that I don't go forward with my lawsuit against "Avatar" for not living up to its hype?
    I think a better grounds for your suit should be something along of the lines of not having a warning that it would be preachy and anti-war/pro-environment.

I kind of wanted/still want to see Drive.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

to me this says alot more about what is wrong with our court system than what is wrong about the movie industry

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    to me this says alot more about what is wrong with our court system than what is wrong about the movie industry
    I think part of the problem is that people have become addicted to the lamest stuff. It seems like there was a time when people admired well made films. Now, it's considered bad for a film to be art at all. A lot of the great movies from the 50's and 60's would be laughed at and called pretentious now. That's the attitude that people have.

Films have to move at a really high pace for people to enjoy them now. It's actually been referred to as popcorn brain. And the last few times I've been to the movies I've noticed people can't even stay off their cellphones for a 2 hour movie. It's no secret why Nolan has been the most successful director from the last 5-7 years. Just look at the pacing of The Dark Knight and Inception. They rarely slow down or have downtime. And another thing is people paying to see familiar material. Some people will complain about Hollywood's lack of originality, but then they'll go see Pirates of the Caribbean part 5 or 6.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Based on this lawsuit, I plan to go ahead with filing against Hollywood for making the following. I want my money back for all these (adjusting for modern ticket prices of course....2011 admission prices in full)

The Flamingo Kid
    HIghlander II
    CaddyShack II
    Star Trek V
    The Star Wars Prequel films
    Gigli (I didn't actually see this one, but I want a cut of any possible monies anyway and I'm an American....which means I want to be paid for doing nothing)
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs, BOBW...
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

If the Fast and Furious movies are what you judge movies by, I think it is time your read a freakin' book!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I think part of the problem is that people have become addicted to the lamest stuff. It seems like there was a time when people admired well made films. Now, it's considered bad for a film to be art at all. A lot of the great movies from the 50's and 60's would be laughed at and called pretentious now. That's the attitude that people have.

Films have to move at a really high pace for people to enjoy them now. It's actually been referred to as popcorn brain. And the last few times I've been to the movies I've noticed people can't even stay off their cellphones for a 2 hour movie. It's no secret why Nolan has been the most successful director from the last 5-7 years. Just look at the pacing of The Dark Knight and Inception. They rarely slow down or have downtime. And another thing is people paying to see familiar material. Some people will complain about Hollywood's lack of originality, but then they'll go see Pirates of the Caribbean part 5 or 6.
    And yet people bitched about Inception and how it ended and how you had to actually pay attention (gasp)!!! I enjoyed Inception and thought it was a great movie-I still watch it when I see it on tv. These are also the same persons who bitch about how LOST ended b/c it didn't answer everyone one of their questions. These are also the same persons who watch Dancing With The Stars/Survivor/American Idol etc and think this is quality tv.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Hey! I love Dancing with the Dlisters.. um...I mean STARS

what other show gives you attention hungry celebrities forced to do what amounts to physical labor for the first time in their lives?

and the pay off for them is that every dance is a flirtation with abject humiliation,

AND they have to wear clothes that make frequently make them look like hookers

and for all their hard work the winner gets an ugly ass trophy

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWaterDoggie View Post
    If the Fast and Furious movies are what you judge movies by, I think it is time your read a freakin' book!
    I tried that but I couldn't fit it in the fuckin DVD player.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by csm5150 View Post
    And yet people bitched about Inception and how it ended and how you had to actually pay attention (gasp)!!! I enjoyed Inception and thought it was a great movie-I still watch it when I see it on tv. These are also the same persons who bitch about how LOST ended b/c it didn't answer everyone one of their questions. These are also the same persons who watch Dancing With The Stars/Survivor/American Idol etc and think this is quality tv.
    Indeed. I'm not a huge Leonardo DeCaprio fan but I loved Inception and I'm of the opinion that if that flick was too much for you, then your job likely involves dressing up as the Statue of Liberty and twirling a sign around at an intersection.

And I was about to bash Dancing with the Stars as a blight on television until I remember that I watched "Role Models" for the 10th or 11th time last night and giggled my drunk ass off at it.

Paul Rudd's a funny fucker....what can I say?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Lawsuit of the day: Sarah Deming of Michigan is suing FilmDistrict, the distributor of Ryan Gosling's flick “Drive,” because she wanted more driving in the film, CNN confirmed.

The suit also names Novi, Michigan’s Emagine Theaters, because Deming wants her money back. Deming hopes to get others involved in the suit so they too can recover the ticket cost. The complaint doesn't specify how much she is seeking, just that she allegedly suffered "damages including but not limited to the purchase price of the ticket."

Deming claims that the promotional material for the crime drama was misleading, suggesting the film would feature more action-y driving scenes.

“Drive,” by the way, tells the story of a Hollywood stunt driver (Gosling) who gets involved with a heist gone wrong. It does feature a good deal of action (and violence), but there are other elements to the film. For instance, a love story.

The suit alleges that the company "promoted the film ‘Drive’ as very similar to the ‘Fast and Furious,’ or similar, series of movies." But, Sarah was sad to learn, "’Drive’ bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture."

Deming also claims the film is anti-Semitic, and that it “promoted violence against members of the Jewish faith.”

A spokesperson for FilmDistrict told CNN they don't comment on pending litigation.

Sarah Deming may not have liked “Drive,” but critics did. The movie earned a score of 93 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Funny, I saw the movie and was discussing how it was unlike the trailer on the way back. Not filling a lawsuit, though.
    I thought it was more thought provoking and off the beaten path than I expected from the trailer.

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Indeed. I'm not a huge Leonardo DeCaprio fan but I loved Inception and I'm of the opinion that if that flick was too much for you, then your job likely involves dressing up as the Statue of Liberty and twirling a sign around at an intersection.

And I was about to bash Dancing with the Stars as a blight on television until I remember that I watched "Role Models" for the 10th or 11th time last night and giggled my drunk ass off at it.

Paul Rudd's a funny fucker....what can I say?
    I'm not a fan of Leo Di-Poo-Poo either but he did a good job in Inception and I enjoyed it a great deal in spit of him. My best good friend loves Survivor/Dancing w/the Stars/and loved LOST, however she hated the endng b/c it didn't explain everything to her. She hated Inception b/c it was too complicated. My sister, who is quite smart but dingy as sin, hated Heat b/c she said it was too deep (I'm going to stop you but I don't want to b/c I respect you were her words).

Yes, Paul Rudd is quite funny and there is nothing wrong w/Role Models.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a lawsuit similiar to this regarding Heath Ledger's kinght movie (and no, it isn't The Dark Knight). Weren't people suing b/c the film company made up critics and put it in promos saying how great the movie was when it was a pile of monkey crap?