Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Chickenfoot Foot Solider Membership and Buying tickets

Hey all,

Thought I'd put something out here. Not happy about this one, but nothing you can do. I guess I like to bitch more the older I get.

I joined the Foot Soldier fan club deal at the $40 level. The explanation on THAT membership was that you were able to buy 4 tix. Then, last night we get an email stating that pre-sale ticket max is 2. I think it is pretty misleading doing that. I know the description did not say you could buy "4 tickets at the presale", but I feel a bit of a bait and switch for the membership I paid for. I'm going, so it isn't anything that gets me too pissed off, just a bit. The main reason I joined was to get access to the presale (i.e. for 4 tickets).

Just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody was going to hit the presales later today or any others on down the road.

Good luck.
    Last edited by cokemach1; 10.04.11 at 05:58 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Hmm... Not good...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

You've got a right to bitch on that one.

I'm not sure the whole club thing is advantageous anyway. If they are talking arena shows, you could save the $40.00 and buy tickets when they go on sale. I think I need more of a carrot on this one...

If I do join, it will be right before Philly dates go on sale. If the membership only lasts one year, it's pointless to join now unless you can go to the road test shows. The last tour didn't go on for a year, so after about six months, the average fan either lost interest or had their swag already.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, Voivod.

Helps if I could read.

It DOES SAY presale. We are officially getting screwed!

Well, I will actually see what the system allows when the time comes to buy.

On another note, the times for the presales on the website. They don't state what time zone. Chickenfoot site states 10 am for the STL presale. LiveNation\Ticketmaster state noon. All times Pacific?

It's not like this is the first time they've ever sold tix. Geesh.

They are playing The Pageant where I am in STL. About a 1,500 seat venue, so I assume it is going to be hard to get tix. And there are shows booked at the venue on the day before and after this one, so no second show is an option. This is one of the "Road Test" shows.
    Last edited by cokemach1; 10.04.11 at 07:31 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

CFIII is a great record, but whoever does their merch should be fired.
    This stuff looks HORRIBLE!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post

They are playing The Pageant where I am in STL. About a 1,500 seat venue, so I assume it is going to be hard to get tix. And there are shows booked at the venue on the day before and after this one, so no second show is an option. This is one of the "Road Test" shows.
    The idea of road test is not to sell a lot of tickets but for the guys to practice at a live gig - it's purposely intimate. It wouldn't make any sense to have 2 shows in a city at a tiny venue especially when they are only playing a handful.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    The idea of road test is not to sell a lot of tickets but for the guys to practice at a live gig - it's purposely intimate. It wouldn't make any sense to have 2 shows in a city at a tiny venue especially when they are only playing a handful.
    THAT IS THE FREAKIN' POINT OF BEING PISSED OFF about the misrepresentation! The ad in essence is stating, "You wanna get to this show? Here is what you are going to have to do.".

Oy, vey and I'm not even Jewish.

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    Hey all,

Thought I'd put something out here. Not happy about this one, but nothing you can do. I guess I like to bitch more the older I get.

I joined the Foot Soldier fan club deal at the $40 level. The explanation on THAT membership was that you were able to buy 4 tix. Then, last night we get an email stating that pre-sale ticket max is 2. I think it is pretty misleading doing that. I know the description did not say you could buy "4 tickets at the presale", but I feel a bit of a bait and switch for the membership I paid for. I'm going, so it isn't anything that gets me too pissed off, just a bit. The main reason I joined was to get access to the presale (i.e. for 4 tickets).

Just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody was going to hit the presales later today or any others on down the road.

Good luck.
    Yeah, that's pretty misleading.

The only thing I can think of is, the four ticket limit on the presale is for the regular tour, while the road test is two tickets because the venues are small.

That's only a guess, but I can see why you're pissed. Good luck snagging the seats.

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I got screwed a long while back on the first tour. (posted it in Main at the time asking for help) I signed up for the fan club and they sent me a fookin medium size shirt that looked like a child's shirt. I haven't wore a shirt that small since before high school. I heard they did that to others as well. I called them and they directed me to a web page to print out a return label. I shipped it back and NEVER recieved a replacement. Called them and they said they never received it and said they could NOT replace it with out a delivery confirmation number, which they initially said nothing about needing. I told them I followed the intructions from the rep...."Sorry sir"... She also said the return warehouse was behind and it may take a while...Well, it's been a year or so and NOTTA
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.30.15 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bought my Chicago tickets earlier today. Looks like there is nothing to keep you from placing a second separate order with the presale password - did you try? Just checked and it looks like tickets are still available.