Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Man survives 6 days in ravine after car accident

WOW....

http://www.todaysthv.com/video/defau...=1192796458001

A 67-year-old man spent 6 days trapped in ravine after his car plunged 200 feet off a mountain road.

Crews pulled David Lavau out of a mountain ravine six days after his car plunged 200 feet off a nearby road.

The 67-year-old managed to survive on creek water and whatever he could find to eat.

Lavau's family says, "He lived off of leaves, ants and grass and bumblebees. He did say that tasted the worst though."

Lavau's vehicle landed near another car that had apparently gone off the same road outside Las Angeles that driver didn't survive.

Capt. Robert Brandelli, LA County Fire Dept. says, "He went off and landed right next to another vehicle that had been down there a lot longer than he had been down there."

Lavau's children are actually the ones who found him Thursday when they didn't hear from their father for several days so they started their own search. His daughter Lisa says, "We stopped at every ravine and looked over every hill and my brother got out of the car and started screaming and the next thing we heard dad say is 'Help, help."

Family members went down to get Lavau but ended up getting caught themselves. Rescued crews had to pull them out.

Lavaou broke his arm, dislocated a shoulder and his multiple fractures in his back and ribs. Despite his injuries, family members say he's in good spirits.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Meh.

My grandfather went skydiving on his 98th birthday. Only, his parachute didn't open and he plummeted a mile and a half into the Yukatsak gorge in northern Greenland. He fell so far and landed in such a remote area, that everyone assumed he had died instantly, so no search party was sent out. (This was also in the middle of winter.)
    The bottom of the Yukautsk Gorge turned out to be a top-secret K.G.B. base where the Russkies were raising and training a breed of hyper-agressive grizzly bears. My 98-year-old grandfather, (at terminal velocity) came down smack in the middle of the base. He was forced to kill twenty K.G.B. commandos and seven grizzly bears with his bare hands. In the dark, no less, because it was winter. Then he hiked three hundred miles to the nearest village. Hopping the last fifty miles because he had eaten his own foot to keep from starving.

Grandpa-Fender-Bender up there is a wimp by comparison.

Don't read this.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Meh.

My grandfather went skydiving on his 98th birthday. Only, his parachute didn't open and he plummeted a mile and a half into the Yukatsak gorge in northern Greenland. He fell so far and landed in such a remote area, that everyone assumed he had died instantly, so no search party was sent out. (This was also in the middle of winter.)
    The bottom of the Yukautsk Gorge turned out to be a top-secret K.G.B. base where the Russkies were raising and training a breed of hyper-agressive grizzly bears. My 98-year-old grandfather, (at terminal velocity) came down smack in the middle of the base. He was forced to kill twenty K.G.B. commandos and seven grizzly bears with his bare hands. In the dark, no less, because it was winter. Then he hiked three hundred miles to the nearest village. Hopping the last fifty miles because he had eaten his own foot to keep from starving.

I don't mean to sound weird or obsessive, but I think you should PM me your home address so I can send you fan mail. Nude pics also, but not of me. You deserve much better than that!

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Meh.

Why didn't he eat one of the bears instead of his own foot? Grandpa sounds tough, but none too bright.