Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Smoke medical marijuana in Arizona? No guns for you!

ATF Tells Gun Dealers They Can't Sell to Medical Marijuana Patients

PHOENIX - Medical marijuana card holders will be banned from buying guns in Arizona, says the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agency, which is sending a warning letter to all firearms dealers.

The letter basically says it's illegal to sell a gun to people who admit to smoking medical marijuana and have a medical marijuana card -- which card holders say is unfair.

"I'm a medical marijuana patient and I own a gun," says Sunny Singh. He believes his right to carry a gun is being taken away because he smokes medical marijuana.

"A lot of these people who really need medical marijuana as a medicine shouldn't be targeted or have their rights taken away."

Even though voters made medical marijuana legal in Arizona, the federal government says marijuana is still illegal.

Federal gun laws say dealers can't sell guns to people who use illegal drugs or are addicted to drugs.

But nothing in the law says that gun dealers have to ask people if they have a medical marijuana card.

The question is -- if a card holder doesn't tell a gun dealer about their marijuana card -- can they still buy a gun and, if they do, will they get in trouble?

"Clarification would be nice, let people know what the rules are so they can understand if they're doing the right or wrong thing."

ATF says right now they don't have anyone out there enforcing this, so no one is cross-checking to make sure those people who buy guns don't have a medical marijuana card.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    ATF Tells Gun Dealers They Can't Sell to Medical Marijuana Patients

PHOENIX - Medical marijuana card holders will be banned from buying guns in Arizona, says the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agency, which is sending a warning letter to all firearms dealers.

The letter basically says it's illegal to sell a gun to people who admit to smoking medical marijuana and have a medical marijuana card -- which card holders say is unfair.

"I'm a medical marijuana patient and I own a gun," says Sunny Singh. He believes his right to carry a gun is being taken away because he smokes medical marijuana.

"A lot of these people who really need medical marijuana as a medicine shouldn't be targeted or have their rights taken away."

Even though voters made medical marijuana legal in Arizona, the federal government says marijuana is still illegal.

Federal gun laws say dealers can't sell guns to people who use illegal drugs or are addicted to drugs.

But nothing in the law says that gun dealers have to ask people if they have a medical marijuana card.

The question is -- if a card holder doesn't tell a gun dealer about their marijuana card -- can they still buy a gun and, if they do, will they get in trouble?

"Clarification would be nice, let people know what the rules are so they can understand if they're doing the right or wrong thing."

ATF says right now they don't have anyone out there enforcing this, so no one is cross-checking to make sure those people who buy guns don't have a medical marijuana card.
    Well, first there is this: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Second, I suppose they believe it's safer to sell to people who drink or are on prescription drugs.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Pot makes you wanna shoot people?

Hell, last time I got high all i wanted to do was eat pizza and twinkies. Sometimes I'd put the twinkies on the pizza.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Pot makes you wanna shoot people?

Hell, last time I got high all i wanted to do was eat pizza and twinkies. Sometimes I'd put the twinkies on the pizza.
    Oooh, and then wrap it in bacon and then deep fry it.

And then go shooting people.

Maybe they should make a video game that combines Epic Meal Time with a first person shooter game and you get high and play it.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Oooh, and then wrap it in bacon and then deep fry it.

And then go shooting people.

Maybe they should make a video game that combines Epic Meal Time with a first person shooter game and you get high and play it.

Damn. You need to call Id Software and Hormel STAT.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Is EVERYONE going dumb these days?