Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Morgan Freeman: Tea Party Is Racist, They're Just Out To Get Obama

Morgan Freeman laid down the chips on the Tea Party in a new interview with Piers Morgan that is due to air Friday night.

The Oscar-winning actor sat down with the British TV host and, amongst other things, discussed his belief that the right wing Tea Party's anti-Obama stance is rooted in racism.

When asked by Morgan whether Obama's presidency has made racism in the United States better or worse, Freeman, who once played apartheid-defying South African president Nelson Mandela, frankly stated that his time in office has made it worse, as he has become a target of the right's aggression.

"Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," the actor said. "What's, what does that, what underlines that? 'Screw the country. We're going to whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we're going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.'"

Declaring once again that "it's a racist thing," Freeman said the group's rise has shown the hate still lingering in America.

"Well, it just shows the weak, dark, underside of America," he said. "We're supposed to be better than that. We really are. That's, that's why all those people were in tears when Obama was elected president. "Ah, look at what we are. Look at how, this is America." You know? And then it just sort of started turning because these people surfaced like stirring up muddy water."

The actor continued, saying that he understood President Obama not fighting back, seeking to stick to his principles, but wishes that he'd be more aggressive now.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Go fuck yourself, Morgan.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Racism my ass!
    Obviously Im not American but it's as plain as the nose on my face that the reason the Tea Party (and many, many other Americans's) want Obama out is because he's a frikkin useless president with no policies worth a crap! The only reason he got to where he is was because he was black and now he's there all he's done is screw everything up (with the exeption of killing Bin Laden). I'm pretty sure that, had he had great policies and had really made a difference, then we wouldn't even be talking about this.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    Racism my ass!
    Obviously Im not American but it's as plain as the nose on my face that the reason the Tea Party (and many, many other Americans's) want Obama out is because he's a frikkin useless president with no policies worth a crap! The only reason he got to where he is was because he was black and now he's there all he's done is screw everything up (with the exeption of killing Bin Laden). I'm pretty sure that, had he had great policies and had really made a difference, then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

You really think that George W. Bush was the better president?
    I'm not an american so I don't really care, but I always wonder about all these (extremely) conservative people here at these boards.
    Normally I'm avoiding the 'non-music' threads because everytime I read a thread like this it makes me so angry. I can't believe how much hate is going on in these forums.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Herman Cain Responds To Morgan Freeman Criticizing Tea Party As Racist
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_980258.html

During an appearance on Fox Business on Saturday, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain weighed in on critical remarks recently made by Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman about the Tea Party.

Freeman said it unnerves him that the conservative movement is garnering momentum during an appearance on CNN last week.

"Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," he said. "What underlines that? Screw the country. We’re going to do whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man out of here."

Freeman characterized the actions of the Tea Party as "racist" and suggested that Obama's presidency has only fueled the rise of the coalition of conservative activists, and in that context has made the issue of racism "worse." He said, "It just shows the weak, dark underside of America. We're supposed to be better than that. We really are. That's why all those people were in tears when Obama was elected president. Look at what we are, you know? And then it just sort of started turning, because these people surfaced like stirring up muddy water."

On the heels of his surprise win in the Florida straw poll this weekend, Cain, took issue with what Freeman had to say.

"Well, first of all, I doubt if Morgan Freeman, with all due respect, who is a great actor, has ever been to a Tea Party," said the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza. "Most of the people that are criticizing the Tea Parties ... about having a racist element, they have never been to a Tea Party."

Cain signaled that he was not offended by Freeman's remarks, but explained, "I just think that it is sad that they’re so short-sighted in really understanding what the whole Tea Party citizen movement is all about." He added, "So, name calling is something that’s going to continue in this because they don’t know how to stop this movement. And this movement is making a big difference in politics, because a lot of the traditional Democrats are moving to the center or moving over to vote for conservatives. They’re taking another look at a Herman Cain."

P.S.

File this under creepy: Morgan Freeman is reportedly going to marry his 27 year old step granddaughter E’Dena Hines. Everyone together now: C R E E P Y.

According to the National Enquirer, Morgan, 72, who divorced his wife last year, has been having a decade-long affair with Hines.

“Morgan has led her to believe that he wants to marry her,” a family insider told the tabloid. “Becoming Mrs. Morgan Freeman has been E’Dena’s goal,” revealed another family source.

Hines is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, whom he and his estranged second wife Myrna raised since she was a young child.

Hines has accompanied Freeman to numerous red carpet events but no one thought anything of it because she was being introduced as his granddaughter.

“It’s not technically incest, because they are not related by blood…[but] Morgan is trying desperately to keep his divorce out of open court so all the shameful facts won’t become public,” added the source.

It may not be incest, but it’s still pretty disturbing. He helped raise her since she was a little girl! That's just disgusting!!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/morgan-fre...ddaughter.html
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by tease View Post
    You really think that George W. Bush was the better president?
    I'm not an american so I don't really care, but I always wonder about all these (extremely) conservative people here at these boards.
    Normally I'm avoiding the 'non-music' threads because everytime I read a thread like this it makes me so angry. I can't believe how much hate is going on in these forums.
    In some respects yes, Bush was a better president. He always seemed like a normal guy, the sort you might meet in a pub or bar, very down to Earth. He made mistakes like we all do. Obama just seems like a puppet for spin doctors, I honestly believe that sometimes ther is a guy with his hand up Obama'a ass moving his mouth around while someone from his speach writing department speaks into a microphone under his desk. He just comes accross as false...Also, did I mention that his polices ain't worth a poop?!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts

Premium Member

It's funny how in instances like this, they always bring up the fact that Freeman played apartheid-defying South African president Nelson Mandela, but never mention that he has also played God or the man who makes all of Batman's gadgets.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

He's an idiot. They want him out of office not because of the color of his skin but because THEY think he is doing a shitty job. The only racist thing about it is Freeman's perceived action of racism. Who the fuck cares what he thinks anyway, he's a fuckin actor.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

He needs to get busy shutting the fuck up.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    It's funny how in instances like this, they always bring up the fact that Freeman played apartheid-defying South African president Nelson Mandela, but never mention that he has also played God or the man who makes all of Batman's gadgets.
    And that the "Apartheid-defying South African President" was a convicted murderer, whom did nothing to deserve his Nobel Prize exept serve his sentence!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    He needs to get busy shutting the fuck up.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

To deny the Tea Party being racist would be like denying that water's wet.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post

File this under creepy: Morgan Freeman is reportedly going to marry his 27 year old step granddaughter E’Dena Hines. Everyone together now: C R E E P Y.

According to the National Enquirer, Morgan, 72, who divorced his wife last year, has been having a decade-long affair with Hines.

“Morgan has led her to believe that he wants to marry her,” a family insider told the tabloid. “Becoming Mrs. Morgan Freeman has been E’Dena’s goal,” revealed another family source.

Hines is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, whom he and his estranged second wife Myrna raised since she was a young child.

Hines has accompanied Freeman to numerous red carpet events but no one thought anything of it because she was being introduced as his granddaughter.

“It’s not technically incest, because they are not related by blood…[but] Morgan is trying desperately to keep his divorce out of open court so all the shameful facts won’t become public,” added the source.

It may not be incest, but it’s still pretty disturbing. He helped raise her since she was a little girl! That's just disgusting!!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/morgan-fre...ddaughter.html
    Who's the best man - Woody Allen?

Kinda disappointed that Mr. Freeman equates tea party activism to racism, especially since I believe that he was one in an interview bemoaning the fact that we still sort people out in this country by the colour of their skin.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Disappointed to hear his belief. I guess if Black men keep fucking up, they can keep blaming it on racism to avoid introspection. Exactly why, as a whole, the BLACK RACE is so fucked up! Keep it up and the ideas and beliefs of the true racists will come true for black America.