Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:29 PM
    Liked 6,669 Times in 3,696 Posts

Default Muslims rally against Islamic Extremism

a very smart idea. Muslims would be wise to organize these in western nations. The silent majority needs to get talking.

LONDON — Thousands of Muslims gathered at a rally in London on Saturday to fight extremism and promote a moderate, inclusive version of Islam.

The event’s organizers Minhaj-ul-Qur’an International say some 12,000 Muslims are expected at Wembley Arena. The event will be broadcast live to dozens of countries around the world.

The group’s founder, the Pakistan-born Islamic scholar Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, says killing innocents is forbidden in Islam and Muslims must integrate into the societies in which they’re living.

Some Islamic scholars have warned that a power vacuum in North Africa and the Middle East could lead to militant and extremist groups gaining ground in elections arising from the so-called Arab Spring.

"If these elements come into power, it will be a big disaster," Tahir-ul-Qadri told The Associated Press.

Minhaj-ul-Qur’an International says it represents a moderate vision of Islam that works for peace and integration.

A peace prayer was planned by religious leaders of Hindus, Buddhists, Christians and other faiths.

Britain has been involved in some of the largest international terror plots. On July 7, 2005, four suicide bombers killed 52 people in synchronized attacks on London’s subway system.

The men behind the 2006 transatlantic liquid bomb plot began their plan in Britain. A Nigerian man who tried to smuggle explosives onto a plane in his underwear studied in London.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:14 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

whoopdeedoo
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

I agree with Wruff, who gives a crap.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I'm with the last two...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

back to the football game....
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

Personally, I think it's good news. Don't know if it will have any effect, but it's better than the "good" Muslims sitting idly by while the bad "Muslims" run roughshod over their religion and our safety.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:59 PM
    Liked 18,084 Times in 8,934 Posts

See, I'm not one that thinks that the moderate muslims wanting to integrate into society are in the majority.

I think they are absolutely the silent minority.

Of the 1.5 billion muslims in the world, I bet the majority of them would cut the head off of the owner of this site if given the opportunity.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

^ It is true. With my severed Christ-loving head in a sack along with it.

Islam is the only mainstream religion in the world that actually goes out of its way to outwardly and blatantly spite and defy Jesus Christ and Christianity. Islam's anti-Christ rhetoric is literally written all over the walls of its most holy sites for crying out loud.

What other major religion actually writes on the walls of their most holy places blasphemous rhetoric specifically targeting another faith? Only Islam. Islam was founded nearly 600 years after the life of Christ on earth, for the very purpose of defying and combating Christianity, Judaism, and any other faith or people that may stand in its way.

A religion of peace and tolerance my ass. It is a religion of lies. Islam is outwardly anti-Christ,, and anti-anything that is not Islam.

To my liberal Christian friend who always seems to champion and defend on this site the cause and nature of Islam, would you like me to provide you with some examples of their blasphemies against our own God and Lord and Savior?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    ^ It is true. With my severed Christ-loving head in a sack along with it.

Islam is the only mainstream religion in the world that actually goes out of its way to outwardly and blatantly spite and defy Jesus Christ and Christianity. Islam's anti-Christ rhetoric is literally written all over the walls of its most holy sites for crying out loud.

What other major religion actually writes on the walls of their most holy places blasphemous rhetoric specifically targeting another faith? Only Islam. Islam was founded nearly 600 years after the life of Christ on earth, for the very purpose of defying and combating Christianity, Judaism, and any other faith or people that may stand in its way.

A religion of peace and tolerance my ass. It is a religion of lies. Islam is outwardly anti-Christ,, and anti-anything that is not Islam.

To my liberal Christian friend who always seems to champion and defend on this site the cause and nature of Islam, would you like me to provide you with some examples of their blasphemies against our own God and Lord and Savior?
    I champion and defend good people no matter their religion. I (like you) know precious little about their religion. I do know some Muslims however and strangely enough none of them have attempted to kill me nor have they bombed my church. And none look like the lunatics you take so much pride in talking about.

The people who rallied here are doing what many of us non-muslims have been saying they should be doing. Then when they do it gets no coverage. When 10 moron radicals rally outside the embassy and burn a flag it gets tonnes of coverage. Sadly the press loves to add gas to the fire of the intolerant.

If you think us Christians have never attacked the religion of others, you might want to invest in a history book.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    See, I'm not one that thinks that the moderate muslims wanting to integrate into society are in the majority.

I think they are absolutely the silent minority.

Of the 1.5 billion muslims in the world, I bet the majority of them would cut the head off of the owner of this site if given the opportunity.
    most of the radicals don't move here so we need not worry about them integrating.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Certainly, Mike, you must understand that it is not a fundamental teaching of our faith to attack anothers. You point only at the fallibility of mans past, something that someone (or a group of people) may have done while representing our faith which actually goes against our faith and the teachings of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Do not be confused, Mike. That is not what I speak of.
    I speak of the fundamental teachings of the Islamic faith. The tenants of Islam. I have shown you before passages in the Koran which support what I say, although you denied that as well. Have you ever read and studied the Koran, Mike? I have, and I do.

Now I will show you another example.

Do not be fooled, Mike.

Islam is blatantly and literally anti-Christ..

Here is just one of many examples of how the Islamic faith fundamentally denounces and even attacks other faiths, especially our own. And they really go to great lengths to do it.

Look. Read all of this carefully...

Here are the inscriptions translated off of what is considered the 3rd most holy site of Islam, The Dome of the Rock (Al Aqsa Mosque). The most significant thing to notice here are the basic tenants of Islam, claims that are Blasphemous to Christianity, that God has no begotten Son, and that Jesus Christ is not begotten, denying the divinity of Jesus. Denying the Christ.

According to Islam Jesus is only a man, a prophet like any other. Not God. Only a servant of God.

The Many blasphemies inscribed on the Dome of the Rock,, in every direction, over every gate of the the dome and Al Aqsa Mosque, the blasphemous messages of anti-Christ are in plain view.

I've highlighted a few of them in bold text for you.
    And this is not even half of them at this site....

E - nor utter aught concerning God save the truth. The messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of God, and His Word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and say not 'Three' (Trinity) - Cease!

NE - (it is) better for you! - God is only One God. Far be it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is sufficient as Defender. The Messiah will never scorn to be a..

N - servant unto God, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him. Oh God, bless Your messenger and Your servant Jesus...

NW - ..son of Mary. Peace be on him the day he was born, and the day he died.. Such was Jesus, son of Mary, (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt. It befitteth not (the Majesty of) God that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! God, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and Who hath no partner in the Sovereignty.

W - When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. Lo! God is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path. God (Himself) is witness that there is no God save Him.

SW - Lo! religion with God (is) Islam. Those who (formerly) received the Book differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves....

It goes on and on and on like that.

Here is one of many references.. - http://www.islamic-awareness.org/His...ions/DoTR.html

Also, my friend in Iran (Kambiz) who knows Arabic also confirmed this very translation for me, just this week in fact, as I shared this with him just days ago (many many people in Iran he informed me only pretend to be Muslim, for fear of their lives).

So, do not be fooled, Mike. As a true Christian then certainly you must see that the tenants of Islam are blasphemous to our Christian faith. Otherwise you are only fooling yourself.

This truly is in fulfillment of the Apostle John's definition of what the Antichrist & Islamic False prophet nations will believe. John stated in 1st John 2:22-23 that they would deny the Son. Here it is for you:

1st John 2:22-23 NIV

22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ, such a man is the Antichrist---he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

So do not be fooled by Islam. It absolutely denies the divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Islam denies all of this in plain view. Blatantly. It is literally written all over their walls.

Do you know of any other major religion that inscribes on its walls blasphemies targeted against other faiths? I do not, and I have studied many.

Also Mike, look at where this Islamic Dome is built. Built purposely on the very site of where the Jewish Temple once stood. On its very foundation. Right atop the very site where Jesus prayed in His own Holy temple. Islam is absolutely against Christianity and Judaism. (remember, Mike, when I told you about why Islam builds mosques where they do? I can show that to you again in the Koran if you would like.)

Do not be fooled by the lies of Islam.

Now, I can only assume that as always you will deny this and continue on with your liberal line of thinking, promoting and championing the cause of Islam. I am not here to argue with you. I only hope that you realize exactly what it is that you are doing. What it is that you promote, support, and defend, and what that means as a Christian.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 09.25.11 at 10:03 PM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

I'd love to believe the first line of the story quoted, but "an inclusive version of Islam" is a contradiction in terms.

The Quran is filled with verses directing violence against non-believers. This is unique to Islam.

Suras written later in Muhammad's life are particularly violent because (like the Gospels, actually), they were written for a specific purpose for a specific audience. The problem with the Quran is that it is not compiled chronologically. And the problem with Islam is that its followers do not read it with any historical context.

It's actually quite disturbing when you learn more about it.

I'd like to give this group of "moderate" Muslims the benefit of the doubt, but if they are rejecting the teachings to conquer non-believers because it just doesn't apply in today's civilized world, they in effect, are rejecting Islam.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Certainly, Mike, you must understand that it is not a fundamental teaching of our faith to attack anothers. You point only at the fallibility of mans past, something that someone (or a group of people) may have done while representing our faith which actually goes against our faith and the teachings of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Do not be confused, Mike. That is not what I speak of.
    I speak of the fundamental teachings of the Islamic faith. The tenants of Islam. I have shown you before passages in the Koran which support what I say, although you denied that as well. Have you ever read and studied the Koran, Mike? I have, and I do.

Now I will show you another example.

Do not be fooled, Mike.

Islam is blatantly and literally anti-Christ..

Here is just one of many examples of how the Islamic faith fundamentally denounces and even attacks other faiths, especially our own. And they really go to great lengths to do it.

Look. Read all of this carefully...

Here are the inscriptions translated off of what is considered the 3rd most holy site of Islam, The Dome of the Rock (Al Aqsa Mosque). The most significant thing to notice here are the basic tenants of Islam, claims that are Blasphemous to Christianity, that God has no begotten Son, and that Jesus Christ is not begotten, denying the divinity of Jesus. Denying the Christ.

According to Islam Jesus is only a man, a prophet like any other. Not God. Only a servant of God.

The Many blasphemies inscribed on the Dome of the Rock,, in every direction, over every gate of the the dome and Al Aqsa Mosque, the blasphemous messages of anti-Christ are in plain view.

I've highlighted a few of them in bold text for you.
    And this is not even half of them at this site....

E - nor utter aught concerning God save the truth. The messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of God, and His Word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and say not 'Three' (Trinity) - Cease!

NE - (it is) better for you! - God is only One God. Far be it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is sufficient as Defender. The Messiah will never scorn to be a..

N - servant unto God, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him. Oh God, bless Your messenger and Your servant Jesus...

NW - ..son of Mary. Peace be on him the day he was born, and the day he died.. Such was Jesus, son of Mary, (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt. It befitteth not (the Majesty of) God that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! God, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and Who hath no partner in the Sovereignty.

W - When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. Lo! God is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path. God (Himself) is witness that there is no God save Him.

SW - Lo! religion with God (is) Islam. Those who (formerly) received the Book differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves....

It goes on and on and on like that.

Here is one of many references.. - http://www.islamic-awareness.org/His...ions/DoTR.html

Also, my friend in Iran (Kambiz) who knows Arabic also confirmed this very translation for me, just this week in fact, as I shared this with him just days ago (many many people in Iran he informed me only pretend to be Muslim, for fear of their lives).

So, do not be fooled, Mike. As a true Christian then certainly you must see that the tenants of Islam are blasphemous to our Christian faith. Otherwise you are only fooling yourself.

This truly is in fulfillment of the Apostle John's definition of what the Antichrist & Islamic False prophet nations will believe. John stated in 1st John 2:22-23 that they would deny the Son. Here it is for you:

1st John 2:22-23 NIV

22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ, such a man is the Antichrist---he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

So do not be fooled by Islam. It absolutely denies the divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Islam denies all of this in plain view. Blatantly. It is literally written all over their walls.

Do you know of any other major religion that inscribes on its walls blasphemies targeted against other faiths? I do not, and I have studied many.

Also Mike, look at where this Islamic Dome is built. Built purposely on the very site of where the Jewish Temple once stood. On its very foundation. Right atop the very site where Jesus prayed in His own Holy temple. Islam is absolutely against Christianity and Judaism. (remember, Mike, when I told you about why Islam builds mosques where they do? I can show that to you again in the Koran if you would like.)

Do not be fooled by the lies of Islam.

Now, I can only assume that as always you will deny this and continue on with your liberal line of thinking, promoting and championing the cause of Islam. I am not here to argue with you. I only hope that you realize exactly what it is that you are doing. What it is that you promote, support, and defend, and what that means as a Christian.
    Wasn't expecting the essay response but I'll try to respond to this without getting too personal.

This has nothing to do with my "liberal line of thinking", probably better to call it my "Christian line of thinking". My Bible includes Matthew 5:44. If you want to criticize me for actually taking that as a little more than a suggestion that can overlooked, that's fine. But please don't call me a fool and a "liberal" (like that's a nasty thing) for actually attempting to live up to it. I'm certainly nothing near a perfect Christian but I really try not to hate people. And I sure as hell aren't gonna hate 25% of the earth's population just because they happened to be born into a certain religion that some consider to be "evil".

I have never called Islam a religion of peace - I do not know it well enough to back up the claim that some make. Nor do I try to call it this a horrible religion as many others do. Different people ignorantly try to make the same claim to ours and I certainly do not like it when they do. All I was trying to do by posting this story was to attempt (stupidly it would appear) to show some here that there is another side to this story. Not all that worship in that religion are the evil monsters that we see on the news. Many are more like the people I call friends. But we don't really care about those people. We care about the monsters. Sad, really.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Wasn't expecting the essay response but I'll try to respond to this without getting too personal.

This has nothing to do with my "liberal line of thinking", probably better to call it my "Christian line of thinking". My Bible includes Matthew 5:44. If you want to criticize me for actually taking that as a little more than a suggestion that can overlooked, that's fine. But please don't call me a fool and a "liberal" (like that's a nasty thing) for actually attempting to live up to it. I'm certainly nothing near a perfect Christian but I really try not to hate people. And I sure as hell aren't gonna hate 25% of the earth's population just because they happened to be born into a certain religion that some consider to be "evil".

I have never called Islam a religion of peace - I do not know it well enough to back up the claim that some make. Nor do I try to call it this a horrible religion as many others do. Different people ignorantly try to make the same claim to ours and I certainly do not like it when they do. All I was trying to do by posting this story was to attempt (stupidly it would appear) to show some here that there is another side to this story. Not all that worship in that religion are the evil monsters that we see on the news. Many are more like the people I call friends. But we don't really care about those people. We care about the monsters. Sad, really.
    Wait a minute, you are Canadian, Christian and a Liberal. Holy shit. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present The Most Dangerous Man on this board.

Just fuckin with you Mike. Carry on.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:59 PM
    Liked 18,084 Times in 8,934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    most of the radicals don't move here so we need not worry about them integrating.
    Tell that to England.

I'm not prejudiced against muslims, that would mean I am pre-judging.

I'm not.

I'm judging them. Our way of life here in America and Canada is better.

Freedom of religion is better, equal rights among the sexes is better, freedom of speech is better, freedom of the press is better.

I could go on and on.

Not saying our society is perfect, far from it, but Islam is a bass ackwards religious belief, just look at the countries that follow it, most of their citizens live at a 12th century level. Sure, Catholics are crazy, but they don't say "Mike is mowing the lawn on the sabbath, I must kill him". (Borrowed that line from Bill Maher, HBO, all rights reserved).

If you want a fundamentalist Islamic way of life, go live in a Islamic fundamentalist country, I hear Iran is a great place to live.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!