Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Default Al gore wants your facebook account for a day.

Al Gore wants your facebook info:

Just in time for the Gore-a-thon, Facebook shuts down a significant portion of email story alerts
    Posted on September 13, 2011 by Anthony Watts

Perhaps Facebook was concerned that Al Gore was convincing thousands of unsuspecting dupes to hand over their Facebook account control, which would mean “post at will” on thousands of user accounts, resulting in millions of SPAM messages being send out to friends of the FB enabler. Here’s the pitch from Al:

This is what it looks like if you “allow” Al to “borrow” your Facebook account.

Just one day before TheClimateRealityProject.org hits the Internet, Facebook has made a bold move today to turn off automatic emailing. This is a screencap on my email from Facebook just minutes ago:

Kudos to Facebook for the timing and for reducing SPAM in general.

All thanks to Anthony Watts at www.wattsupwiththat.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Here is what I love about this.

How does one connect to the internet? Either a computer or phone. What are they made of? Plastic. What is used to make plastic? Oil. Oooops

How does one use their plastic device to connect to the internet? By electricity. What is used to conduct electricity? Copper. How is copper extracted from the earth? Mines which require you to deforest and to use heavy trucks to move copper and earth. This requires oil which is turned to diesel or gasoline. These products cause global warm....climate change. Ooops.

How does plastic and copper device connect to the internet? By using an ISP. This ISP uses many servers made out of plastic and sucks electricity like Paris Hilton on a Saturday night. How is electricity produced? Most likely through coal burning or nuclear power plants. This creates a larger carbon footprint which kills polar bears. Oooops.

Way to go douchebag. Your cause is using technology which damages the planet you are trying to protect.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Burn in hell, Al.

-----------------
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Here is what I love about this.

How does one connect to the internet? Either a computer or phone. What are they made of? Plastic. What is used to make plastic? Oil. Oooops

How does one use their plastic device to connect to the internet? By electricity. What is used to conduct electricity? Copper. How is copper extracted from the earth? Mines which require you to deforest and to use heavy trucks to move copper and earth. This requires oil which is turned to diesel or gasoline. These products cause global warm....climate change. Ooops.

How does plastic and copper device connect to the internet? By using an ISP. This ISP uses many servers made out of plastic and sucks electricity like Paris Hilton on a Saturday night. How is electricity produced? Most likely through coal burning or nuclear power plants. This creates a larger carbon footprint which kills polar bears. Oooops.

Way to go douchebag. Your cause is using technology which damages the planet you are trying to protect.
    and let's not forget the countless hours of air travel, car travel, and electricity gobbled up so Rev. Al and his ilk could devise this latest scheme.

So glad people are seeing this assclown for what he truly is..... an opportunistic wicked scumbag who lies, spends, wastes, and consumes on one hand, and points his holier than though finger at you with the other.

My favorite story about "Reverend Al" comes from Bono believe it or not! It was truly hilarious! Al was staying at Bono's estate, and he was critiquing him on everything from the bands mode of travel, to the levels of petroleum products in his hair gel! No joke.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I would like for you all to donate your credit cards to me for one day. I will use them for good, not evil. But wait, those credit cards are made of plastic, which is a petroleum product, which requires drilling, which....

... oh rats.
    Nothing to see here.