Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 811 Times in 559 Posts

Premium Member

Default Northeast Flooding

Just was talking to mrs007 and basically her Mom who has lived near Binghamton, New York for probably close to 40 years lost everything due to the flood. She was evacuated last week and went to a friends house, but then they were evacuated from there I think the next day. No one could foresee the levels that the river would reach as they were historic. Her whole neighbourhood, had pictures coming in over FaceBook of water up to the street signs and of course, we couldn't see her house, though my sister in law posted a video someone had shot where they were shooting (video) from a boot at the location of the house, though they were shooting in the opposite direction. Needless to say, it didn't look good. My brother in law was able to get in there today, and her house is condemned. Off its foundation. And the maddening part is, about all she has is the two sets of clothes she took with her when she evacuated. Everything else I imagine is gone. Maybe somehow they'll be able to recover whatever can withstand water before the inevitable, but pictures, documents, electronics, food, furniture, maybe even clothes - can't imagine any of it is salvageable at this point. And of course, all of her neighbours are probably affected the same way. With all the medical issues she's had over the past year, I can't imagine the pain she'll feel once it all sets in (apparently it has not set in yet).

I've only known these people for about 14 years, I've been in that house, I've been in the house of her backyard neighbour, some of these people I met at her husband's funeral, my wife's and my wedding, the surprise birthdate party we had for her a few years ago - they're all basically nice, working class folks. I doubt the president will pay them any mind or the pop stars won't be organising a benefit on their behalf, but they could use your thoughts and prayers anyhow.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.22.16 @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts

That sucks Billy. Prayers sent.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I grew up near Binghamton and actually graduated from SUNY Binghamton in 1992. Most of my relatives still live in that area. The Susquahana river has really caused a lot of flooding and devastation over the years. This is the worst I've seen. Check out the link.
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon