Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Okay.... Everyone here seems really tense what with impending global war and Eddymon [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] , so after going back and forth, I've decided to post the following funny.

Now I'm not going to tell you guys any names of the folk(s) I know directly involved with the event described below, because the last thing I want to do is get anyone fired or pissed off. But I am posting under my own screenname, not a pseudonym, and at least one comic book mogul on these boards can vouch for my character.

Point blank, as a Van Halen fan I'm as tired of all these stupid rumors as anyone, and would never conciously toss one off for a lark, (unlike a certain comic book mogul on these boards. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] )

So this little story comes right out of a certain horses mouth and involves the historic meeting that took place between Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth. (I'm not going to tell everything I know that transpired there because I don't wish for any of my post to be interpreted as negative and inspire a bunch of trash talking; there's been enough of that. BUT there is one precious part of the story that I think everyone here would get a kick out of.)

So Sammy comes down to L.A. with his buisness guys and meets Dave with his buisness guys. Dave shows up wearing sunglasses and appears in classic diamond-style to be a bit, ummm, altered???? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Anyway, one of the main points covered in the meeting was how the timeslots would be arranged. The concept that is going into effect is that the "grand finale" slot will be based entirely on "market" for that city (i.e. radio, sales, previous venues.) One example of this came from Sammy himself regarding St. Louis. Something to the effect of "they really like me there, and have Sammy Hagar day....etc...etc..So maybe that's a town where I could go on last."

At this point Dave who has been a bit quiet pops forward, pulls up his sunglasses and says....

"Ya know Sam...... St Louis, Detroit, Salt Lake....New York City....Pocatella.....Every big country in the world has got one.....",

then slides back into his chair with sunglasses back on, smiling to himself content at what ever this clasic but cryptic "Dave-ism" meant to him.

All in all though, the two apparently did get along splendid and are both looking forward to kicking some serious ass on this upcoming tour, and for that matter so should we!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ March 28, 2002 at 02:21 PM: Message edited by: willyum ]</p>
    not another dime from me, fellas...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 425 Times in 183 Posts

that's funny!

NOW... tell the rest!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!